Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer

Filtered by hair type : Other
Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer
Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer

4.5

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

on 12/17/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'll be honest, I purchased this around Valentine's Day this year (I believe that's when it was released) because of the cute heart design. That said, this is a nice bronzer for me. It doesn't show up as very shimmery on my cheeks (a good thing for me because I have very oily skin). I have medium-to-tan skin, and with one good swirl around the whole pan, I get a nice shade for a little contouring--not too dark as to show up muddy, but it doesn't disappear on my face, either. I haven't noticed that I get any color at all from the little pink heart--I suspect that may be for show or it may add a tiny bit of shimmer if you use a brush that's small enough to get JUST that color? I suppose I "would" repurchase, but I don't use bronzer often, so I'll have this around for quite some time (in addition to a couple of other bronzers that I rotate into my routine).

The actual case is fine, although it feels a bit flimsy. I don't use the little brush that's included in the compartment underneath, so that was a bit of a waste, but it's not that big of a deal.

on 11/26/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great product, but leaves my face a little powdery. I would buy again, though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this product. alot! i don't know if the "happy boost" chemicals or whatever really work, but the cute packaging makes me happy! and the smell of it is lovely! i usually hate scented makeup, but this has a nice rosey smell that doesn't over power, and you don't really notice it while it is on your face.
my only compaint is that it is almost a bit...too sparkly? when you apply it you have to be careful and beware how much you put on, because it is easy to go from healthy glow, to fake and shimmery. i don't use this like a bronzer (for scuplting and such) i use it mainly as a highlighter because of how sparkly it is. i'll even use the different shades of brown and the little pink heart as eyeshadows if i need to pack a small makeup bag!
overall i love PF and would buy this again!

on 3/30/2011 5:11:00 PM

This is a review for the DARK bronzer.
I got this after I got home from vacation because it was the darkest bronzer I could find and I love it! I don't mind the little pink heart in it..you only get a tiny bit on your brush and it's not noticeable at all when you apply it. It's slightly shimmery but I don't mind that either. As previous reviews said.. mine sometimes get's a little patchy. I don't know why this happens but it's not a big deal. The price is a little more than I would like to pay for a DS product but I think it was worth it!

-This review is for the LIGHT bronzer-

***EDIT: I put clear nail polish over the pink heart to seal it and it worked great! It didn't seep into any of the rest of the bronzer, and now no pink gets picked up by my brush. It's a proper bronzer now and still looks cute :) After using this for a while w/out the pink I think it is darker than WnW AG sadly, but it still looks nice.

I'm so stoked I found this bronzer! I think this is possibly a replacement for my much loved and sadly discontinued WnW Acapulco Glow. The color is perfect for my NC20ish complexion, and like the reviewer below me said, it gives me some healthy color without screaming BRONZER! and making me look like an oompah loompah. The only thing I don't like is the pink heart. It's super cute to look at, but for contouring and highlighting it's unnecessary and can look bad. I think without the pink heart this would be a dead on dupe for WnW AG. I also wish the price was comparable too because this is expensive IMO for a drugstore bronzer.

The ingredients might be a problem for acne prone skins, the 1st two ingredients are talc, and corn starch and the ingredient list is also heavy on oils.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I found this at walmart finally. They didn't seem to be carrying the blushes though.

Overall I really enjoy this product. I got it in the regular bronzer shade, there's a light bronzer shade as well which is the same color scheme as the regular bronzer but just a few shades lighter. I think this would work well for people with lighter skin tones than I am (NC43ish) since its finely milled and doesn't go on heavy. Honestly I can barely see any color payoff with my skin tone but it does give my skin a nice glow. It has a subtle shimmer to it and is not orange at all. The pink heart carries the most shimmer in it, so avoiding it makes a slight difference. The packaging is bulky and the brush is useless for me but I do really love the smell of the powder. I will probably end up buying a backup and a blush or two once I can find them at a better price because its really good.