Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer
Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer

4.3

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

on 5/31/2012 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm reviewing the Happy Bronzer and Blush (the bronzer with the three pink hearts) and I was not too impressed. Like many drugstore products, it's almost like there is a film over the top that you need to get past to get any product on the brush. The first few tries yielded next to nothing. I finally scratched through is and only the pink hearts deposit anything, almost nothing for the bronzer, and I'm pretty light. I don't really notice a smell at all. The finish is pretty, but I have to add several layers to see it, not worth my time on a busy morning. The clasp on the case broke and fell off during the first week. Cute idea, but it didn't make me happy paying so much for something that did so little. Many better options out there! Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay so my local rite aid had a sale on Physician's Formula products today buy one get half off along with a $4.00 of coupon so I took advantage and got my usualy Sunlight bronzer and this and I am not really impressed with it and expected a lot more and had high hopes since I love PF products and I love my other bronzer. It doesnt seem to last that long, it gives me kind of a greasy sheer look and doesnt really look natural on me and looks a little caked up the only thing I do love is the pink little heart as a blush and the cute little designs other than that Ive had better bronzers and this reminds me of those shimmery shimmer strips UGHHHH

I've tried other Physician Formula Bronzers and I like them much better than this one. I will not re-purchase this one again. It is too shimmery when used all over my face. It would be fine as a cheek highlighter, as it gives a nice glow. I did not find it orangy, but rather very natural. So in the colour respect it's very beautiful. I did not like how it's hard for the brush to pick up the powder. It seems like it's baked on so hard in the pan, that you'd have to scrape it with a knife to get the colour you want. I think that's a general problem with this style of PF powders (I also experienced it with a similar PF face powder - not a bronzer). So, in general - this is great if you want it as a highlighter, but not as an all over face - bronzer (unless you want to look like a disco ball). I found that the Rimmel powder is a nice matte alternative and cheap (although it doesn't last as long as PF - so price is same in the end).

on 3/10/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been interested in trying to master the art of using a bronzer (yet) again. I'm fairly pale and am a NC25 in Studiofix and I wear Sand Beige in Revlon's Colorstay. I was afraid that this bronzer would be too dark for me but it actually goes on very sheer and has a lovely sheen to it. The little pink heart adds just enough pinkish tone to the bronzer that I don't end up looking orange. So, I found it to be a great color and this is the regular bronzer not the light bronze either. OK, now here are the cons: expensive for a drugstore product and the dang thing broke up completely inside the compact!!! I had read a few reviews that this was happening but I made the mistake of "assuming" those folks had thrown the compact in their purse, dropped it, etc. This was not my case. I keep my compact in a drawer with all my other cosmetics so its in a stable environment and the thing still crumbled!!! I plan on dumping the entire contents into another container and still use it but the point was, I wanted something easy and protable to use and for almost $15 bucks, that's really unacceptable to me. Beautiful color, crappy execution. Based on the crumbling alone, I don't see myself re-purchasing. Note to Physician's Formula: fix the crumbling issue and I think you've got a winner.

on 8/9/2011 1:09:00 AM

I wanted to love this cute little bronzer sososo much. I love the cute hearts (which run ALL the way through the bronzer) and the pink packaging. Sadly, that's pretty much all I love about it. The color doesn't show up very well. It shows up mostly as shimmer. Something else that I don't like is how easily it shattered. I dropped it from about 5 feet on, and despite being in a makeup bag, it shattered into nothing (sad face). That's not good, because I have powders that have survived falling down the stairs multiple times...

May it rest in peace <3

x

on 3/12/2011 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update, I repurchased as the first crumbled like other reviewers have said. This happened with a new Wet n Wild bronzer but that didn't cost me what this did. Should not be so common an issue. Original review; First am surprised that ds bronzers and blushes can cost so much! That said, I used a coupon on the manufacturers website, and that with one of the blushes, came out basically to a buy one get one free, so not bad really for a brand I trust to make bronzers for fair skin, and do it well. I have about 5 of their bronzers, tried maybe 2 others in the line that didn't suit me.

I am still new to this one and will post more when I have used it more, but initial impression is that indeed the shimmer appears to be an over spray at least on the bronzer shades. The little pink heart stays shimmery, maybe its meant as a highlighter, inconveniently placed, as I'd prefer to have it more separate, or not there at all. Someone younger might want a very shimmery bronzer, not me. However, you can maneuver around the pink heart, you can even use separate hearts or areas to get a very light, to quite tan, look, or more of a blend, with an all over dusting of your brush to the compact.

The compact is the usual shape of PF but in a metallic pink. Esthetically the entire product, like the blush, is very pleasing and quite elegant for a DS item, meaning while most of my stash is DS, this seems fairly upscale. I don't find it terribly shimmery though you think it will be, more of a satin finish. I have not self tanned much lately but plan to for spring and summer and will be sure to reach for this. The scent is lovely, I smell it on my hand where I tested some, but not on my face. Will report back how this fares on my dry, sensitive, reactive, skin.

I find this and the blush harder to open to the (useless but pretty) brush area, but since I'm not using the brush, never do with brushes that come with items, its not a big deal. I wasn't gonna get these, though so cute and I love heart shaped things, but the two for one, hey, I'm in.

on 6/9/2016 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find myself reaching for this bronzer very often. It looks so natural and healthy. A tiny glow, a radiant color and nothing too much. Not orange and not muddy. The packaging is indeed ridiculous though. I would love to take this bronzer with me during the day bit it's too bulky. All that extra space for a lousy brush and the mirror should be in the lid. It's too hard to use when you have to flip it constantly. The little hart doesn't bother me. It's actually nice whenever I want to add a little blush. It would be a great product for on the go. Love the bronzer, good price, pitty about the packaging.

on 11/16/2015 1:51:00 AM

I love how this bronzer is just the right shade for my NC 35-ish skin tone. It does not look muddy on my skin and it has some shimmer to make my cheeks look healthy. The only thing I don't like about this is it's brush and mirror that I never use. I hope PF can get ride of those and make their products more slim for ease in carrying. I hate bulky cosmetics unless they're palettes.

on 3/1/2014 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG drugstore bronzer!! Blends very well, and is one of the only drugstore bronzers I have had a good experience with. Most drugstore bronzers look too orange on my fair skin tone. In the package, the product looks very shimmery. However I don't find It to be too prominent when you actually apply the product to your face. The only thing I don't like about this product is the pink blush heart in the middle, which I usually try to avoid when picking up the product with my brush. Aside from that, a great product! My favorite drugstore bronzer, although it is a little pricey for a drugstore product.

on 7/11/2013 11:41:00 PM

I love this bronzer! It makes you look naturally glowing and tan but I hate the pink heart because that just adds chalky glitter, so I avoid that part of it with my brush.