Almay Get Up and Grow

Almay Get Up and Grow

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'Abeille), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de Carnauba), Trisiloxane, Triethanolamine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-6, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

After trying so many mascaras, I have finally settled with my two favorites to use together, and this is one of them.
Lash Type: Somewhat long, thin, hard to keep a curl

YAYS!
- Great if you like light feathery lashes
- Great volume
- My eyes can get irritated with certain mascaras, but this one did not bother me.
- Great with layering
- Wand is skinny enough to get to the roots and bottom lashes.
- Doesn't smudge or flake. However, I have heard of it smudging and flaking for others. Not sure why the formula is inconsistent.

MEHS
- Not that great for lengthening on my lash type. May be better with more than one layer. This doesn't bother me since I pair it with my holy grail CG mascara.
- May have a better curl with the waterproof version, but this one was ok.

BLEHCKS!
- Dry formula so you may need to purchase it more frequently. But I think it's worth it!

on 4/15/2017 11:28:00 PM

This is my favourite mascara. I had pretty short eyelashes so I was included to try it. At first it just made my lashes appear to be longer but after using it for a couple of months my eyelashes doubled in length and I had to cut them shorter because they were up in my eyebrows. If you have short eyelashes just try this mascara for a couple months, you won't be disappointed.

on 10/4/2016 8:47:00 PM

It looks good at first. Love the brush. Makes thick, long lashes. Then smudges after a few hours. Meh.

on 8/4/2016 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is a great mascara if you have no issues with smearing/smudging, I do so it's not a good option for me. It gives good length and volume and holds a bit of a curl, unfortunately it smudges a lot during the day even if I top it with another mascara (I used CG clump crusher) to try and keep it from smudging. I would not repurchase but this may be a good option for others.

Dont know if it helps your lashes grow but so far not that impressed. I am happy it does not irritate as I would expect with Almay. However you will need more than one coat to get any length if you have short to average lashes. I really had to work the wand to prevent clumps and give my lashes some lift. Really I think it has more to do with the design of the brush not so much the mascara. I would prefer the Almay lengthening (One Coat) formula if they still make that.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not terrible, not great.
I didn't really notice much growth if any.
It did not smudge too much but really didn't do anything for my lashes other than coat and darken them.

on 8/3/2015 7:32:00 AM

I like mascaras that look very natural. ewg.org give this product a 2, which means it's safe. This mascara enhances your lashes without making it look fake/ clumpy. It coats the lashes well and the waterproof one kept my curl! (I have asian lashes) I don't know if my lashes grew because i didn't track it. A down side is it flakes (I can't remember if it smudged, its been a year) that's pretty much the only thing I didn't like about it.

on 12/14/2015 4:38:00 PM

For the record: I have been using this mascara for the last month. I have fairly thick, long, straight lashes. But I am greedy, lol. My magical wishlist for mascara is a combo of separation, volume, and curl holding. I am allergic to Revlon & Elf liquid eye products like mascara and liquid liner. I bought this on recommendation from the youtuber emilynoel83.

Pros:
I can easily get clumps out. Do make sure the wand isn't loaded up with too much product.
I like the volume this mascara gives my lashes.
I generally prefer larger, fiber brushes like this one to the ones with short, rubber bristles.
No eye irritation (a common problem for me, especially with Revlon mascaras)
No flakes.
Doesn't make my eyelids feel like they weigh 20 pounds at the end of the day. (lol)
(Random pros: the top seems to have a satisfying 'click' shut. the tube is white, and so I can write the date I opened it on the top. also this does not have a scent like many other mascaras do.)

Cons:
Light smear under my eyes at the end of the day (after 8 hours)
Doesn't hold a curl at the end of the day (also after about 8 hours)

Overall: 4 stars for 2 of my magical wishlist items checked off? Dang, I am tough on mascara! I have some other mascaras to use after this (that I've already stocked up on) so I wouldn't repurchase this immediately. I might consider trying the waterproof version to help tackle the two major cons I listed. I would probably not recommend this to someone with very oily skin, and/or thin lashes.

I asked my husband to get me this mascara, after reading good reviews on the web for it. However, I still find it in the middle of my face after 3 hrs of applying. It does give a good volume and it coats well all lashes, but it flakes a lot. Definitely not a good idea to use on lower eyelashes which I like to do, and definitely not a mascara that I could hit my gym with on.
Packaging is good, would not repurchase.

I haven't used it long enough to determine if it helps lashes grow. I hope someone does do the math. However, I do use it as a healthier alternative first, base coat. It has to be better than the thickneing, lengthening mascaras I use over it. I have no flaking problem, (perhaps because i am using it as a base), which is important since I wear contacts. So far it works well under my other mascaras. Will be watching fo ractual lash improvement.