Chantecaille Brilliant gloss in Charm

No Image

4.7

Polybutene,HydrogenatedPolydecene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica,Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Propylparaben,Flavor,Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydracinnimate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, /Mica, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Colours

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Charm is the lightest of a set of 6 mini glosses. My lips are moderately pigmented, so this adds no colour, more of a transparent glaze with the slightest hint of shimmer; the only time I can imagine wearing it is if I were in a very pale pink outfit and did not want to draw attention to my lips.

It would be terrific on a very fair lady with a milky complexion and rather pale lips - it would enhance her pout without making her look made up.
For me, I will stick to the darker shades: Magic, Charisma, Glee (see my reviews if you like), but that is my personal preference..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wow it's the best lipgloss I've ever used. It's smooth, non-sticky and moisturizing! It's covers the lips evenly and makes your lips look smooth, it's not a high shine gloss it gives more of a natural shine. It's has no scent or taste... a bonus. The color Charm is a nude peach shade that doesn't wash you out. The gloss has light to medium pigmentation/coverage. It's not the most long-wearing formula because of the non-stickyness. When I wear gloss it's the only one I will use.

This is a wonderful gloss and at this price, I was almost hoping I wouldn't like it so much! The gloss has a milky, peachy colour but goes on clear and I love that it doesn't have a discernable flavour or scent. It won't make your lips look like Angelina Jolie's, but it does work as a treatment to make them look healthier. I had a split in the corner of my mouth and nothing worked to heal it - not Aquaphor or any other balm. As a last resort, I put this gloss on my lips and the next morning the split had healed. The gloss contains Vitamins C, A,and E, and Camellia Sinensis extract, so you are doing more for your lips than just making them shiny. I wish the peachy colour showed up on me, but it's still definitely worth a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a pale peachy shade that make your lips appear fuller. It is nonsticky, no pearlized look or frosty look that looks better then the clear or vaseline look on your lips. There is something about the quality of this gloss that is far superior then the average clear gloss. This gloss is a staple for me and there are other shades that look really nice. Charm is HG gloss in my makeup bag.

By far this is my favorite lip gloss ever!! Usually I use MAC's lipglosses only because the vanilla taste is the only one I can tolerate. This one doesn't have any taste whatsoever. I love the applicator. Usually lipglosses come with the stupid doe foot applicator and doesn't allow even application. The soft brush allows much better application. This lipglosses feels like a veil of liquid luxury on your lips. The color doesn't really show much but I don't expect lip glosses to be full of pigment anyway. Asa product junky who tries anything and everything out there this one is a repurchase.Ive gone through 3/4 of it in 2 months and I never use up any lip gloss unless I absolutely love it. Try it. You will love it!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried every lipgloss imaginable and this one has moisturized my lips the most. It seems pale in the tube, but looks like a glassy, sheer pale sheen on my lips, easily plumping them. To me, it is a lip treatment as well as a lipgloss. Very shiny without being sticky and has no scent. Very gorgeous and now I can see Angelina Jolie loves it. More effective on me than Vaseline and makes my lips look instantly hydrated.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was mostly pleasantly surprised by the chantecaille brilliant glosses. Charm has been mentioned as the shade Angelina Jolie wears in the movie salt, and is supposively her fav shade in the line.

I was told by a friend that if I love Chanel glossimers (and I do) that I would adore these as they were completely non sticky and long lasting.

I bought 3 shades: charm, glee & love. Charm is a sheer babydoll peachy shade in the tube. On me it's extremely sheer shade, but adds this subtle peachy glow that I love, this is my favorite shade of the 3. It's not a peachy pigmented color, so if that's what you're looking for, look elsewhere.

Keep in mind the brilliant glosses are not for everyone, even the brighter shades are sheer.... But as a girl who prefers to wear very sheer my lips but better shades, I love them.

And yes, these are less sticky than Chanel glossimers, but not by a lot. I do find they wear better though. They last 5-6 hrs (without drinking or eating) and I find myself having to touch up far less with these.

They are pricey at $28 for .10 oz of product, but I do prefer the formulation (which feels very lip balm like yet with a very lip gloss look) to other glosses and will repuchase.