Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream 15

4.7

on 8/3/2016 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is undoubtedly a beautiful complex color, something between brown, taupe and bronze.
The texture is super creamy and longevity is phenomenal without creasing.
I don't love the packaging since it does feel a bit cheap but it's compact and lightweight.
The price tag is a bit hefty too but it's to be expected from MUFE.
The real problem though is that is sets rapidly and leaves almost no time for blending. I use fingers to warm it up a bit but no matter how fast I try to apply it most of the color seems to remain on my fingertip. As much as I love this shade I wouldn't repurchase and find myself reaching for No1 (Anthracite) more as it serves well as a liner.

on 2/14/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Cream shadows are my downfall because I can't seem to help myself when it comes to buying them. This is one of my favorites. This reads on me as a subtly shimmery chocolatey brown with subtle bronze tones and a hint of gray. It's one of the most complex browns I've ever come across. It is a medium to full coverage eyeshadow. It is one of those few eye shades that is truly universal. It's amazing because it's one of those shades that looks like you've put three eyeshadows on your eyes, even if you only have this on. The formula is awesome, being creamy, smooth, and super long lasting. This is the only eyeshadow I can think of where I don't think anyone will have to use a primer. There are only a couple things I don't like about this eyeshadow. One is that it balls up if you use too much or if it dries up on the eyes. Another is that the packaging sucks. It's not hygenic at all so you have to be super careful to be clean if you use your fingers. Also, it is not nail friendly at all. I don't even mean super long nails. I mean any length of nail gets product under it or nicks the product or just makes a mess. But another great thing is that it blends equally well with fingers and brushes (I prefer fingers, though, for a more opaque look). The best thing about this product, though, is it's versatility. I use it as an eyeshadow base, just plain on the lids, blended with powders, and it's my go to for smokey eyes. The most unconventional way I use it is as a face contour because it has a great balance of gray and brown and for some reason the shimmer doesn't translate on the face. Really, it's an amazing product and there's not one person I wouldn't recommend it to.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/17/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This shade looks more brown than taupe on my olive skin. Creases after about 4 hours. I have 2 other shades that don't crease like this one. Very similar to Sonia Kashuk Pearlessence Cream Eye Shadow in Tiger's Eye, which has a bit more gold in it, and Sonia Kashuk's lasts for 18 hours without creasing.

I got this product awhile back. It has lasted me FOREVER! It's a great outer corner color (it also looks great with #13 in the inner corner.) I usually don't go with products from MUF, but I just heard so many great things about this, and I can see why it's so popular. Definitely something to check out!

on 10/22/2013 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Aqua Cream #15 is described as a "taupe brown shimmer" by MUFE, and I would say that is an ok description. I find the finish to be less of a shimmer and more of a sheen, if that makes sense. Sheerly applied, this is my go-to perfect taupe all-over lid color for my NC35-40 complexion. The formula is fantastic, it's creamy enough to apply and blend before it sets, and you can easily apply sheerly or heavily for a more intense color. The best part is once it sets it SETS. It lasts through my 14+ hours days, even without an e/s primer underneath. No flaking, migration, smudging, fading. Once it's on, it's on for good.

I've had the same pot for years and have still only used about 1/3 of it (I love it so much, I'm actually surprised that it took me this long to write a review of it). The edges have slightly pulled away from the edges of the pot, but the consistency of the product remains the same. I make sure to screw the cap on tightly and do store these upside down. Will definitely repurchase when/if I ever finish it!

TLDR: MUFE Aqua Cream # 15 is the perfect long-lasting taupe cream eyeshadow, worthy of HG status.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love MUFE aqua creams, I have this and #13. #15 is a deep metallic browny bronze color, very pigmented and of course long lasting even w/out a primer.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this, and I'll quit using it for awhile and then pick it up and realize again how great it is. I have super oily eyelids and I was doubtful that this would hold up w/o a primer, but it does- I have no creasing problems with it. I like to wear it over the lid and under the lower lash line with just some dark brown liner in the inner rim, and it looks great. It's not too shimmery for daytime, but has a nice shimmer to it. Would highly recommend, and the other colors are just as great.

on 11/12/2011 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great outer corner color! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee. need to blend quickly because it sets fast

on 11/7/2011 9:49:00 PM

I have this in 3 colors, the purplish pink, gold, and black. I love them. Its vibrant colors and it goes on so smoothly. Ive seen a lot of reviews about it looking cracked and scaly. To avoid that happening, dont put too much of it on at one time. It seems very layerable when its in the cream form, but once it dries it just cant cold together well. Less is more. Love it!

on 10/19/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Wow! I love MUFE aqua cream shadows. I have this one plus no. 13 warm beige and no. 16 pink beige.

I have found that you have to apply these really quickly as they set fast and don't budge. I have also discovered that they apply a lot easier with my fingers (if applying as a wash over the entire eyelid) rather than my usual shadow brushes - I think the warmth from my fingers actually makes these a bit more blendable and buildable. I found that applying with a brush makes them a bit caked on.

Nevertheless, these are fantastic. I want all of them! MUFE continues to impress me with their products. So far I'm using their Mat + foundation, full cover concealer, eyeliners, and now the aqua creams.