Klorane Shampoo with Papyrus Milk

No Image

3.4

on 5/12/2016 12:59:00 PM

Edit: I like how this helps me control frizz and keep my hair tidy. I now use it in rotation with roche posay's gentle shampoo.

Original review: I like the scent, feel and effect of this product. However, I decided to stop using it because it became a bit too heavy for my hair (but that might have been influenced by hair lenght as well).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My fav Klorane shampoo. It's very nourishing, smooths my hair and smells nice. Would definitely purchase again.

on 1/25/2011 9:13:00 AM

This is new to the Klorane lineup, the Papyrus range is nourishing and smoothing for 'dry and unruly hair'. According to Klorane "Papyrus tubers are rich in fatty acids and lipids. When they are harvested and finely ground a fluid is obtained that contains the active molecules, this oil, then emulsified is the origin of Klorane papyrus milk; this particular variety of papyrus plant was selected from among 80 varieties for its richness in actives with nourishing and smoothing properties. Formulated with an extra mild cleansing base, papyrus milk repairs, smoothes the hair fiber. Results: Frizziness is controlled, hair is sillky and soft, styling is made easier and holds throughout the day". I chose to buy this because I was out of shampoo, it was on sale for half price (Klorane products are expensive) and my greying hair sadly does not have the silky sleekness of 40 years ago and the claims really piqued my interest. Method: You are meant to leave the lather on for one or two minutes before rinsing to enable penetration of the active ingredients. Although rather a scary thought, I followed through, rinsed and did not use any conditioner, just a bit of argan oil serum. Surprisingly, my fine hair is not weighed down, it feels fluffy and clean, and at the same time the frizzies are controlled. Does not seem to aggravate my issues with 'scalp itch'. Has a nice clean fragrance, I really like this shampoo! I notice there is a leave in conditioning balm as well as an intense conditioner. I have not tried them and actually am not sure if I even need them. Did I say I really like this shampoo?!!

My hair is fine and wavy, which means that it gets very dry in the winter, so I picked up this product to give it a test run.

The shampoo is intended for frizzy and dry hair, so it's pretty heavy. I found that to be a problem- I need to use a lot of it to get that 'squeaky clean' feeling, but if I use even a little too much, my hair is weighed down and feels almost sticky.

After about three days of experimentation, I got the amount of shampoo just right, and my hair was soft, clean and bouncy without being frizzy. That said, I've achieved the same result with other, cheaper shampoos that were easier to use.

Bottom line: This shampoo wasn't the best for my fine hair, but it might be very effective for people with a different texture/hair length.

on 3/25/2015 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried to use this shampoo because it was meant for those with frizzy hair.
(my hair is oily, quite thick and healthy).

But i feel it dired my hair and left it really unmanageable. And on top of that it dried my scalp causing flakiness.

And also, I am not really sensitive to product's smells (yes, I enjoy a good smelling product, but it's usually not a factor), but this smell really made me gag. It is simmilar to grass, but way more powerful and chemical. It's like choking with grass... if it makes any sense.

Popular Shampoos