Neutrogena Revitalizing lip balm

Neutrogena Revitalizing lip balm

Octinoxate 7.5% Sunscreen Oxybenzone 5% Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Polybutene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Lanolin, Ozokerite, Myristyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Silica, Zinc, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Silica Silylate, Flavor, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Copper Powder, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7

on 12/25/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used up a tube in about 5 months and will definitely repurchase!

I've read through some of the negative reviews, and I think one facet to consider is that this is a moisturizing tinted lip balm/sheer lipstick. The main idea is that it's a sheer color that feels great on the lips. It will not work like a Chapstick, occlusive vaseline, etc. that can heal chapped lips. Instead, it's a very comfortable and sheer lip color.

I have this in the Berry shade, and it's a lovely sheer plum shade. It applies smoothly, with a slightly gel-like consistency. The slight fruity scent is nice to me, and I notice no taste. The SPF is broad spectrum, which is WONDERFUL and very rare in lip products (the Jack Black and Fresh Sugar balms, for example, are NOT broad spectrum).

I would love if this product left behind a stain, but it lasts the same as most tinted balms, which is to say not much at all. I also think the comfortable smooth more gel-y texture makes it more prone to transferring and wiping off, but this doesn't advertise itself as being longlasting at all. I think it's similar to most tinted balms, but I love it in particular due to the great SPF and the fact that I really like the Berry tint.

I like the small, portable, simple packaging. All the words on my packaging flaked off being left in my purse. I think the oval shape is kind of annoying to apply and would prefer a circular Chapstick-like shape instead, but it's not a big deal.

I recommend this highly if you want a broad spectrum SPF tinted lip balm. I was a little surprised when this rang up for $10 at Ulta but after using it think it's worth the slightly higher than expected drugstore price.

At first, this product worked well in the sense that it gave my lips a little color. This "lip balm" did nothing to moisturize my lips and overtime made them super dry! So dry, I had to go to the doctor and purchase a prescription to moisturize my peeling lips. Do. not. buy. this. product.

on 1/3/2017 10:59:00 AM

This is a great lip balm. It hydrates better than any lip balm I have ever used. Plus, it does plump and smooth the lips. The best part is that it seems to smooth out any lines around the lips. I have been looking for quite some time for a product that helps not just the lips but the lines around the lips. This is the best I have found. I like the sheer shimmer and use it under lipstick.I hope they never discontinue this.

on 10/31/2016 2:32:00 AM

Made lips peel

on 10/30/2016 4:07:00 PM

Love this product! Use it every day!!!

on 6/28/2016 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I liked this at first because it was tinted, had SPF protection & smelled great. But after months of using it I noticed no change in the condition of my lips. No improvement at all, so now i'm looking to find another that fits all my requirements.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was an okay lip balm.
I agree with the reviewer before me.
I wanted something with SPF, a light tint that did not look like I ate a popsicle, and left my lips feeling soft and moisturized. This served that purpose, that being said I think they are a little pricey and are not that special.

on 9/22/2015 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So stand alone, these aren't really exciting. BUT, when trying to find a lip product that fit all of my criteria these were the ONLY real candidates I could find that hit on all four points. The criteria I wanted were:
1. SPF
2. Tinted/colored shades
3. Actually feels nice
4. Can be put on without paying attention

If I was in Japan, I would have tried Canmake, but I am in the U.S. and can't get them. I wanted a one stop, lip shop...something I could use all day at Disney and have it cover the four points listed above. This lip balm does so and was one of the only candidates I could find that fit the bill. My only wish is that I would love it if they provided a bit more color. Don't get too excited by the color descriptions, these are barely there tints. But I wanted a light easy something to feel fresh, have SPF, and be easy throughout the day to apply.

Colors I tried:
Sunny Berry: It is a red toned berry shade, but still barely there. It worked best with my skin tone and make my skin pop more in the summer. But was a touch messy at times.

Petal Glow was not bad, it has this frosty look that Sunny Berrry and Fresh Plum did not have...those were just glossy looking. It is a muting color for my naturally rosey lips, a soft pale frosty/sheeny pink. I am not a huge fan of the frosty part. You can tell if the shade has frost because on the label where it lists the shade name, the color will be solid (Fresh Plum, Sunny Berry) or be broken up a bit like Petal Glow.

Fresh Plum is the same sheer, glossy feel as Sunny Berry (I apologize if I don't get these names exactly right, but they are close). It is more of a brown berry feel. It was very nice but the color did not pop like the Sunny Berry shade.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is quite nice. I got the shade Healthy Blush and am enjoying it quite well. I just began using a tanning bed and wanted to protect my lips. This does so perfectly. Flattering shade, just a kiss of shimmer, which is great with a building tan.

Obviously the addition of the SPF is what drew me in. I can't say if the SPF truly helps or "does it's job," but I know my lips have gotten softer since using this.

Great size/shape, perfect for tossing in your pocket when you do not want a bunch of baggage. I do seem to go through this product rather quickly, so that is a tiny drawback, as this was like $9.00 at my Walmart, so they are not cheap. But I like it enough that would likely re-purchase. I only took a lippie off because of the skinny oval shape/packaging. Maybe that is why I end up using so much product. Wish the tube was more like a traditional chapstick round shape. But other than that, great product!!

Revitalizing lip balm actually offers decent coverage and dimension to my lips, hence the claim on the package that it leaves lips fuller and more defined. It's packaged in a fairly attractive black, slim, oval-shaped twist up tube, which makes it very easy for applying. It covers as well as many lipsticks in spite of the fact that the package says 'sheer tint'. It has an SPF of 20 and wears well for a product that is sold as a 'balm'. The price ranges from $7.99 to $8.99, which is somewhat pricey but in my opinion, but even with daily use, a tube lasts a really long time and the over-all effect is well worth the cost. My two favorite shades are the Sheer Shimmer, a soft nude pink with light shimmer quality, and Soft Caramel, a beige-tan tone which has just a tad more color. It works great for both casual or formal looks and has become a favorite of mine. I've purchased several tubes of my shades, just in case, because I don't want to be without it!

Top Rated Lip Treatments