Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder
Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing PowderTerracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing PowderTerracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing PowderTerracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing PowderTerracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.5 % OTHER INGREDIENTS: TALC - NYLON-12 - LAUROYL LYSINE - MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE - BORON NITRIDE - OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE - MICA - DIMETHICONE - ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE - HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE - PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE - ZINC STEARATE - GOLD - SERINE - STEARIC ACID - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - ALLANTOIN - CAPRYLYL GLYCOL - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - TOCOPHERYL ACETATE - ALUMINA - PANTHENOL - SORBIC ACID - TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE - ANOGEISSUS LEIOCARPUS BARK EXTRACT - SODIUM HYALURONATE - LIMONENE - BENZYL SALICYLATE - LINALOOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - CITRONELLOL - HEXYL CINNAMAL - CINNAMYL ALCOHOL - GERANIOL - EUGENOL - BENZYL ALCOHOL - [+/- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)

I have this in Natural Brunettes which is for my NC20 coloring a medium colored bronzer. It's a warm, caramel color , so I wouldn't use it for contouring, I use it as a wash of color on my cheeks, forehead and bridge of the nose and it gives me a healthy color, without looking like I'm in a fake tan advertisement. The texture is very buttery, blends perfectly and is mat without falling flat. I think darker skin ladies with a warm undertone could use this as an all over powder very nicely. It's fragranced, an old school expensive makeup type of smell that I don't mind, goes away as soon as you apply on the face. I was afraid it would break me out or irritate my skin because of the fragrance (I usually avoid it), but thankfully it doesn't. It lasted more than 8 hours on my combination skin, without primer or foundation, just on top of my Clinique City Block 25. I love this product and would probably repurchase, but I think it will last me a few years, so who knows what exciting launches happen until then. Is it a must have? Not really, like with all high end makeup, you can get a similar effect from less pricey items. But if you like to treat yourself, this is a beautiful product that's a dream to apply and wear.

on 10/21/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have the moyen-brunettes (05) and I think it might actually be my first bronzer. I can't claim to have much knowledge of bronzers as my skin is usually tanned due to where I live, but I bought the 4 Seasons bronzing powder as I was justifying a purchase of something pretty and am trying to stick to a resolution not to buy any more blushes/ blush palettes or pretty highlighting powders.

I bought mine online without trying on in real life as I found a good offer on escentual.com (I think I paid £39) and, from the swatches on other blogs as well as the colour in the pan, I really did think the moyen-brunettes would be sufficiently pigmented for my skin. At the moment, I am using the two darkest colours only and it takes quite a few layers to build up the colour to enhance my tan. I would be interested in trying out the ebony (08) if I came across it another time.

The packaging feels substantial and I love all palettes that feel weighty and have magnet clasps. As other reviewers have already mentioned, the texture of the powder is micro-milled: it doesn't actually feel like any other powder products I have and is more like a creme. When applied on my skin - even after lots of layering - the results are very seamless.

To Read all 59 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/15/2016 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own this in 00 Nude. I do not use it as a bronzer as it is advertised, but I use this as a blush. When swirled together, I get a nice warmish brownish pink that's kind of in the same family as MAC Blushbaby and Tarte Exposed. It is the perfect everyday blush for those with fair to light complexions, but I imagine that it would be a pretty 'barely there' whisper of colour for someone who is darker that does not generally like wearing blush. This product has very light pigmentation, but this gives it a very natural result and you will never look overdone.

Like a lot of Guerlain bronzers, the texture is not powdery and is pressed pretty hard into the pan, yet the formula is very easy to blend. However, this along with other Guerlain bronzers do develop a hard 'film' on top.

One thing that really bothers me about the product is the 'grandma' smell. It does not smell like candied violets like Guerlain Meteorites, nor does it smell like the sweet floral that Guerlain foundations have. It's a very strong powdery musky floral, very heavy on the iris notes. I don't mind scents in cosmetics usually despite having a strong nose, but this is one of the few products that bother me alongside Lancome's "chemical rose"-scented mascaras. It does dissipate after 10 minutes or so, but the scent does deter me from using this product more often.

Also, the packaging is SO beautiful. Guerlain products always have the most thoughtful and beautiful packaging out of any brand, with only Laduree topping them. You have to see it first to witness it in person to see the beauty of this bronzer. The light and design changes depending on what angle you're holding it in, and it's a very 'kaleidoscopic' effect.

on 12/1/2015 2:27:00 PM

I picked this up a couple of months back and have been using almost daily. I was at a loss as to which color to purchase so I went with 00 Nude since the others seemed a bit orangish in the pan. I have a hard time with finding bronzes that do not oxidize on me and really wanted more of a healthy glow than a faked baked tan.

This one is perfect, the colors do not oxidize and the warm pink adds just enough glow. I have purchased other Guerlain bronzes in the past and wasn't happy with the outcome when applied, I was hesitant to fork over close to $80 to purchase this one but am so glad that I did and will definitely repurchase.

on 12/1/2015 10:07:00 AM

I cannot believe I paid so much for this bronzer. I think at one point it had been hyped up somewhere, and I fell for it. I do love the color on me, I have 00 Nude, and it looks really lovely on my cool toned NW10-13 skin. That is, when you can actually get it out of the pan. I agree with the reviewer below, even using a fresh, clean brush the product “seals” over after two uses. Even if I double dip my brush back into the pan during use, there isn’t a reason why it should form a crust over the product… I always apply it to my freshly powdered face, so it’s not as if there is tons of oil contaminating the powder. I own plenty of other powder face products that do not do this, even if I use my dirtier brushes in them. Huge thumbs down from me, especially at the price point. I shouldn’t have to rub off the surface of such a pricey product after 2 uses. Shame, because I would go as far to say this is my absolute favorite shade of bronzer to bring a very natural warmth to my face.

on 9/24/2015 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was a real disappointment for me. I flustered and fluffed about spending this much on a bronzer and finally did and I wish I didn't.
I have the brunette shade. Nice packaging (don't worry you're paying for it!), nice scent, but really disappointing product.
The shade felt a bit orangey for my liking. Really had to work for colour pay off. Then to my horror it seems to seal itself over! So I scraped the top layer off (how annoying to have to do this to a product of this price) and within two uses, again! So angry and upset I spent money on this. Being in AUS, we can't return it if we're not happy so it's sitting in my cabinet. I want to throw it off the balcony that's how upset I am but it was too expensive.
Not happy Guerlain

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm so happy that I finaaaally went out and bought this product! I'm a Nw20 in Mac, and I got this in 4 seasons 03 natural brunettes . I literally tried on almost all of their bronzers in the different colors to find the one that truly matched my skin, and Im so happy I did that because with some of the others I almost looked a little dirty or muddy :p It looks beautiful once you've applied it but let me tell you it is even prettier after some minutes or so, its like it sinks into your skin and blends in with your complexion, you just literally look like you've been sunkissed, I love love love it!! <3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my second pan of this bronzer. For reference my skintone runs in the NC45 range and I picked up the shade range in Ebony.

I absolutely love this bronzing palette. It definitely is matte and deoxidize orange or red on me. And the blush shade is a much toned down version of NARS Exhibit A blush. It definitely gives a nice finish to an all over bronzy look when using the blush. Its worth every single pricey penny. Another thing that I love about this bronzer is that the pigmentation is intense....a little goes a long way so there is no need to pack it on. And in true Guerlain fashion this is fragranced as well so if you are sensitive to fragrance being on your skin you might want to pass on this but it does quickly dissipate once applied.

on 6/4/2015 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As a naturally tan(MAC NC42) woman, bronzer is a daily staple in my routine and Ive gone through many. I have several but 4 seasons is my favorite. I think the concept of using this the whole year long with different shades is genius. All of the shades are matte. I use shade Brunettes 05 which is the second darkest one, the darkest one being Ebony 08. Most of Guerlain's bronzers are divided by blonde&brunette which the blonde shades have more pink and brunette shades have more yellow. The Ebony08 shade has very deep shades of chocolate and one section that is a vibrant coral/red shade. I was contemplating on buying this too since it would make a great contour/sculpting+blush compact. Guerlain has shades for the fair&lighter of skin AND for deep&darker skin tones(Thank you Guerlain!!!!). All the bronzers are so smooth, pigmented and buttery; one compact will last a very long time and will apply like new, even if your a bronzer junkie like I am. It is perfumed and but doesnt bother me. This is the most expensive bronzer I own and I do not regret it! Guerlain in my humble opinion, makes the best bronzers and if your going to invest in one, the 4 seasons is the most versatile&realistic one.

on 1/26/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The packaging, the look, the smell, the texture - all is great. However after just few days it broke me out. Guerlain, I love you, but lot of your products are not for sensitive skin.

Popular Bronzers