Cetaphil barrier cream

4.4

aqua (purified water), glycerin, cetearyl alcohol (and) oleth-12, PEG-2 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, dimethicone, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate (and) PEG-100 stearate, methylparaben, tocopherol, arginine PCA, chlorhexidine digluconate

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hallelujah sweet lord lol. I am on my fourth round of accutane, and like the reviewer below me I too struggle with the harsh Canadian winters. Combine that with the hot air blasting in your car because it's so cold out, it really dries the crap out of your skin. I had pretty dry skin before starting this round of accutane, but my skin has been so dry that I've actually developed eczema on my face (very red, itchy, with little microbumps). I thought maybe my cream was good enough that I was using before, but yesterday I decided enough was enough and went out and bought this stuff again (used it years ago when I was on accutane previously). As soon as I applied it to my face I remembered why I loved this stuff so much. It's the closest thing to a miracle on a tube for dry skin. My skin feels soothed, the tightness and itchiness subsides almost immediately, and it feels truly moisturized. I think the cream I was using before was not emollient enough. That is the key for those with truly dry skin, is a nice, thick emollient moisturizer. This cream is just amazing, there are no words. I use a lot before bed (sometimes mixed with a little rosehip oil), and a little bit during the day so my skin doesn't look too shiny/greasy under makeup. This stuff isn't greasy per se, it just depends how much you use. I don't know why I ever stopped using it, this cream is so great and nothing else really compares. I was using an all natural emu-oil moisturizer before, but it doesn't even come close to the Cetaphil Barrier cream. If you have sensitive, dry, easily irritated, or itchy skin give this stuff a try. It's not expensive, either. For what this cream does, I consider it a bargain! I paid $12 for an average sized tube that I think will last me quite awhile.

UPDATE:
Unfortunately this cream didn't work out for me. This is still a phenomenal cream, but as I continued to struggle with eczema on my face I found that this cream did nothing to help my eczema. If anything it only made it worse. It's an excellent, nice emollient moisturIer for extremely dry skin. Maybe I'll be able use it again on the future when my eczema goes away. Also, I changed my mind about using this during the day. I feel that it's a tiny bit too thick and emollient to be using under makeup during the day. It's not bad under makeup, it definitely feels a little
bit heavy for daytime use. I took off one lippie for these reasons. Still a great cream though!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have a super dry face. Combine this with Canadian winters and blasting hot, dry air from the car and I couldn't apply foundation because of the flakes . This cream is a miracle in a tube. It layers on thick for that soft skin, while protecting and moisturizing underneath. When I have a extreme dry spot I apply some Vaseline to the area first and then put this on top. Wake up the next morning and the area is completely flake-free and soft again! Super great product, though I wish you get more for what you pay for.

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/4/2013 3:00:00 PM

I recently had an outbreak of eczema all over my face that was very very serious. I was recommended the cetaphil gentle cleanser but I also needed a proper moisturizer as well. I came across this barrier cream and I realized it says more for elbows and other joints but I did really need something heavy enough to treat my face since petroleum jelly just wasn't cutting it for me. After cleansing my face day and night I used this cream and immediately I didn't feel as irritated. Slowly the redness and dryness was going away. I've used it on other areas where I have eczema for example my arms and it works like a charm. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My brother has extremely cracked, dry red and scabby hands, and was recommended this cream by the family doctor along with some medicated cream. While I don't know how well it has worked out for him ( he has been lazy with applying both creams to his hands) I know for a fact this works wonders on elbows and knees! I cannot stand creams that do not absorb or stay greasy on the skin, which is a majority of drugstore lotions, but this is INSTANT absorption. It keeps my hands and cuticles nice and soft, but minus the grease! ahhhhh! It is a bit pricey, yes, and can only be used for face or spot treatment because it is a small tube, but all those $4 giant lotions are no good to me, they can be irritating at time (sensitive skin persons like me) and they ALLLLLLLLL contain petrolatum or mineral oil, YUCK! This doesn't contain a shat-load of ingredients I can't pronounce. I would give 5 stars, but the hunt is still on, and I am just getting into lotions right now! But I would say this is an overall, nice, simple, clean, lovely product!

Life saver! I used to have oily and acne prone skin but it has recently became very dry (skin flaking, cracking, and itchy) because of a combination of over-exfoliation, winter weather, and indoor heat. I use this, maybe a quarter size (enough for a thin layer) and spread it evenly over my face and it leaves my skin supple and non greasy.This happens right after I put it on and lasts till the next time I wash my face. I have to see the long term effect of it and if my skin returns back to its oily state, I may not have to use it anymore. But I will update.