RIMMEL Clean Finish

Clean FinishClean Finish

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 12/22/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is good drugstore foundation, nothing more nothing less. It gives me good, flawless coverage and keeps my skin matte for the whole school day (8-3). The downsides are that it can look caked if not blended and it "sets" into my skin quite quickly and causes the aforementioned cakiness. All in all it's a good foundation especially considering the price.

on 12/19/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This foundation is called "Wake Me Up" and has an orange top. It not only has a really nice feel, and is relatively inexpensive, but the colour match is perfect! I have been having trouble finding a foundation to cover some of the redness in my skin, but still look fresh and natural. This foundation does it. Another reviewer mentioned how she came upon this make-up by accident and how well it worked, and I agree! It has been a wonderful find.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am in love with this foundation! I'll start off with what color I use. I'm really pale so I decided to buy ivory but it turned orange on me. No need to worry, I bought the shade true ivory, more yellow toned, and it is an absolute perfect match on my porcelain skin, no orange detected. It covers everything perfectly and I set it with stay matte in the shade transparent for a flawless, airbrushed look. People always ask what foundation I use because my skin looks great. I'd recommend this to anyone and I suggest using true ivory if you have porcelain skin. :) love love love! I'll definitely buy it over and over! HG for me :)

on 12/8/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Personally, I didn't like it. It comes with a spatula applicator that is so unsanitary if you put it on your face. It also turned my face orange, and I've got snow pale skin that it makes me look like an ompa-loopa. Not a good look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I decided to check out a new drugstore foundation because all of my other foundations were higher-end and I didn't want to waste them for everyday. I looked up some reviews online, here of course, and saw it had decent ratings and the price was around $4, how could I say no?
Upon trying it, I thought I had chosen the perfect color. I have a very pale olive skin tone with very prominent yellow undertones. I had swatched the foundations in-store to get a good idea of the color I should buy, and the one I purchased seemed to be a good match. When I saw the foundation in natural light it seemed a bit too pink for me and a tad too dark, but work-able. The color wasn't too off and I dismissed it.
The factor that set me away from this foundation is the fact that it does not sit well on my skin! I have tried so many different foundations and I don't think I've ever has such a problem with caking in my life. Something about this foundation and my skin does not work together, no matter how I try it. It especially does not respond well to when I use a primer, which is unfortunate because this foundation really tends to show off my pores.
It's a heavy foundation, and I don't mean coverage-wise. The foundation literally sits on your skin but it's coverage is close to medium. I try to build the foundation and I haven't had luck. I'm the kind of girl who needs a full-coverage foundation and this is not it.
In regards to the finish, you get a very dewy finish. Too dewy. But this is easily brought down with a powder. I tried the Rimmel Stay Matte along with this, and it worked decently. I'd say it looked like I had a nice skin finish once powdered.
Overall, I'm still trying to work with this foundation so I can get my use out of it. It's not completely horrid and if you can find your color and have a great powder to matte it down, you'll be good! I wouldn't recommend for oily or mature skin types. This might work good on dry to normal skin. Considering it was so cheap, I might just toss it. I would return it if I didn't lose the receipt!

on 4/1/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

AMAZING drugstore product! I have terrible skin (combination, acne scars, huge pores, very sensitive, blotchy, pink/reddish undertones, etc. etc.) and this works! It's not perfect as it doesn't last very long (usually several hours for me before I start getting oily and my pores start to show) but it's such an amazing price that it's worth it- I don't mind reapplying! It's very lightweight, clean, NOT cakey. It settles into fine lines a tiny bit but MUCH less than other foundations I've tried. It gives me a dewy finish and looks very natural yet matte. It has light to medium coverage but it's buildable and still looks so nice! I love this product, it's great for all ages. I would recommend it to anyone with skin issues, this is perfect for everyday use. However I probably would use something a bit heavier to go out at night/go dancing/etc.

on 3/2/2012 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Rimmel was on sale so I decided to give this a try. I really like it. I had a heck of a time deciding which color to buy, the light shades all look quite similar, but seem to be warm/cool/neutral. Similar to colorstay it is a different color inside than it appears through the bottle, you really have to open it to see the true color. I settled on the neutral even though I have warm tones because the warmer one appeared to be a bit darker and I am very fair. It matches really well. It does not have a pump, but it does have a very neat "paddle" applicator, I wish every non pump foundation came with this, it is very handy. The consistency is thicker, almost whipped, however it goes on very smooth and I had no trouble blending. Medium coverage, evens out skin tone and covers without looking like a mask. I have a lot of redness and it covered all of it. It seems quite wet and cooling but dries to a wonderful finish. It truly feels as if you have nothing on your face, not sticky, very smooth to the touch, no transferring. It looks really natural and has not gotten oily or broken down. I had no problems with oxidation. I would say it is matte to satin finish, just the tiniest bit of sheen, just enough to look natural. I did wear this with primer. I love this stuff and feel it is a perfect everyday foundation. This is a steal for the price.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have never tried a Rimmel foundation before, but found this on for a little over $4 at Walgreens, so I picked it up. The description attracted me since it said it would diminish pores. The first time I used it I found it did not blend well and was pretty streaky. I learned it dried quickly, so the second time I used the spatula applicator to spread some on one area of my face then blended with my SK pointed foundation brush, and it worked great. I used a bit more to cover a red mark from a previous breakout, and it covered well without having to use concealer. I have combo skin and did not set this with powder. It lasted all day without shiny breakthrough. I purchased shade 420 and it matched my NC35 skin perfectly.

on 8/25/2011 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This foundation is fantastic. The spatula is silly but the formula is lovely. It feels so light, the coverage is natural looking, and it has pretty decent wear time. Unfortunately though, the lightest color they offer is about two shades too dark for me. I kinda knew that would happen but tried it anyway. I just blend like there's no tomorrow, apply lightly and barely touch my jawline with the stuff, making it sort of like a natural gradient. Hey, it works. The most important part is that it has not caused breakouts, at all, and I've been watching very carefully. I paid $4.50 at walgreens. In a world where even the lowliest of foundations is $7-8 bucks (like cover girl clean), I appreciate the budget friendly price and the good quality rimmel has delivered. I will buy again, if I can. I'll be much too light for this by winter, sadly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation because it was very cheap (4$) at walmart. I will buy it again because its not a bad foundation at all. It has a cool feeling when applied on the skin, it has a thick mousse like texture. It also comes with a handy dandy spatula which you can wipe your finger across or dab a brush on it. It has a matte finish and it lasts pretty long, although it melted right off after I did a workout. The shades run dark so even 120 ivory was a little orange on me