RIMMEL Clean Finish

Clean FinishClean Finish

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

I kinda bought this on a whim because it was so cheap.
I found it for like $2.80 at big lots and it looked like a pretty good match with my skin tone so i figured why the hell not? I got the #240 “soft beige” shade and it went perfectly with my skin tone. I own their matte mousse foundation in “true ivory” and like it but usually use it when i get all dolled up and wanted something more neutral and lighter for the off days. Idk about the rest but going off of what im seeing in alot of these reviews I guess I must have gotten lucky or gotten a bottle with a better batch in it coz it didn’t oxidize on me and stayed true to its shade indoors and out in the natural light and it Applied nicely to the skin. It went on rather smoothly and didn't cake up or crack it kinda just melted right in and gave me that “second skin” look. The coverage was also better than decent. I had a few dark spots and minor reddish post acne marks and it covered it all nicely. (I used the Kat von D lock it edge foundation brush btw ) Another pro is that it hasn’t irritated my skin or caused any break outs and i’ve worn it for a few weeks now so I think it’s safe to say that It isn’t one of those pore clogging mask like foundations atleast not for me anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the little spatula that comes attached to the top can be a good thing if you are the type that likes to take the amount of product that you are going to use and put it on the back of your hand and picking it up as you go with a beauty blender or brush or if you just want to use it to dab a tiny amount around your face and then blend it out. Only complaint is why the holes in it though? I don’t see the point of that but its not a big deal to me.
Overall i’d say for the price paid it’s a good foundation. It has better than light coverage that doesn’t feel heavy but still leaves you looking flawless yet natural and doesn’t irritate the skin or oxidize. If I ran out I think i would consider buying it again

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This hideous mask-like foundation is THE ONLY foundation I can wear without aggravating my cystic acne....I love it for that alone...Otherwise it's the worst I've ever seen....It takes an act of Congress to get it to blend.....I use a damp beauty blender and move very quickly....It sets in less than 60 seconds....My skin is so oily every couple of hours I have to blend and powder.....Without this foundation I'd have to go around bare faced....It's definitely better than nothing at all!!

on 1/23/2017 9:33:00 AM

Normally I wear Everyday Minerals matte foundation. Every now and then my skin gets a little problematic (not because of EM) and I feel better using a liquid foundation for a few days. Rimmel Clean Finish is perfect for me and it's usually right around $4, which is really unbelievable.

For me: It goes on very smooth even if I'm in a huge hurry and just use my fingers to apply. It feels fairly light on my skin and gives awesome buildable coverage without getting goopy or flaky or gross. I use 240 Soft Beige and it blends into my skin tone so well, no orange or weird color. It doesn't feel or look like a mask, which is a problem I usually have with liquid foundations especially if I try to build up the coverage. After I put it on, I buff it out with a little Cody Airspun loose powder and I seriously end up with a poreless but very natural looking finish. The best part is that I can use it when my skin is problematic and it has absolutely no negative effects. I tend to go shiny on my tzone even in the best of circumstances, and with this foundation it's no different. The good thing is that I can refresh the powder and the shine is gone plus the finish looks perfect again.

I've tried a lot of liquid foundations, at all price points, and as of now this is the best ever for me. I'm sure it won't work for everyone, but for the price there's no reason not to give it a try.

Part of my love for this foundation comes from how well it works for me with the Cody Airspun powder. The two things just seem to work perfectly on my skin. I use a flat top brush with the powder and buff it into my skin until everything is perfectly smooth. I'm not sure how I would like using one without the other.

on 11/17/2016 2:34:00 PM

So, I really wanted to like this foundation. It may work out for someone else, but my experience hasn't been great despite the price. I do not own ANY high-end.. anything, especially foundations. All I use is drugstore so I can't compare it to a higher-end foundation, but this is the worst foundation out of the entire Rimmel line that I've tried (and I've tried almost all of them).

My first problem is with the texture - it's a thicker, almost.. powdery, cakey texture. It doesn't feel as smooth as other liquid foundations in either shade I bought it in. I tried mixing up the bottles and everything but there's something weird about the texture. It blends out okay but I feel like I have to work a little harder compared to other Rimmel foundations (the Match Perfection blends like a dream). I first bought this foundation in 220 (Soft Ivory) first as it seemed to match my tan summer skin. It ended up being slightly too dark, so I went back and bought 120 (Ivory) which matches me better. Well, until I go outside that is. This stuff oxidizes pretty badly. I work in an office and spend a max of 15 minutes in my car on my way to work, and by 12 PM despite being inside my foundation is noticeably darker. It oxidizes unevenly, darker in some areas and lighter in others. Powders do not sit well on top of this foundation due tot he already powdery consistency. The entirety of the Rimmel line of foundations also run very pink toned, and I'm more neutral/warm. I'm pale so it isn't quite as obvious, but I can see it in the oxidation for sure.

On the plus side, the packaging is cool (I like the paddle), it was like $3.50 from my local Walmart, and it did last all day without leaving me too oily (I'm combo/oily and struggle with oil slicks) despite the uneven texture/coloring. I haven't broken out from it and it does cover pretty nicely - I suffer from PIE/PIH and this stuff is buildable enough for me to not need spot concealer on the majority of my problem areas. That's about where the good stuff ends though. I won't be repurchasing, even though my little scrooge heart wants to since it's so darn cheap. If you want a Rimmel foundation, the Rimmel Match Perfection I've mentioned is my favorite from the line, though it leaves me a little oily and is light in coverage. The Lasting Finish has the best coverage/texture.

TL;DR:

PROS:
-Packaging
-Price
-Lasting power
-Coverage

CONS:
-Oxidation
-Texture - thick,uneven,powdery? cakey?
-Uneven tone
-Cannot use powder on top without further texture/cake issues
-Not enough warm toned shades (at least in the paler shades - not sure about deeper shades, if they even have any)

on 4/1/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Well, i guess I should've trusted the negative reviews on this one. This has to be the most unusual foundation I've encountered. The texture is weird and lumpy, and no matter what I apply it with (or how), it makes my face look like a mosaic painting. Super patchy, and the color oxidizes immediately. It accentuates pores in a major way. Even at the low price, I cannot say there are any pro's.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It had a strange, lumpy texture and it oxidized to orange pretty quickly on my face.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is ok, but it does not last long. I get about 2 hours out of it before I have to touch up. After on touch up, it lasts the rest of the day(weird). Anyway, it covers ok, blends well, and sets ok. The price is awesome and it comes in more colors than the matte finish, which is good for darker skin tones. Also is suitable for sensitive skin, but I think this is more for normal to dry skin. Overall, I think that if you have normal to dry skin this would be good for you, but combination/oily skin I would suggest that your try the matte finish one.

on 4/24/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation and I loved it, unfortunately I can't find it in my country, I bought it traveling to Canada, so... I came back and saw the price of this foundation and I couldn't believe it, I had to try it.
My skin is light with yellow undertones, so I choose the shade Warm Ivory, usually "Ivory" shades are too light or too pink for me but this was actually fine, it surprised me.
The first time I used it with my moisturizer I kinda felt I was slightly orange, the foundation oxidized a little bit, but overall it looked good, however I felt it was light-medium coverage, a least comparing it with my Covergirl 3 in 1, the covergirl definitely has more coverage in my opinion, maybe because I used a small quantity of product and applied it with my beauty blender sponge... I also noticed the lasting power is not very long, this will come off after a few hours, while my other foundations hold up more.
I used it today again without my moisturizer and I didn't experienced oxidation, looked good and natural matching my skin.
The price of this foundation is awesome, looks really good, has no scent, this gets the job done.
I would recommend using a primer to extend the lasting power, and if your foundation oxidizes, maybe it's because you're mixing it with a product that does not agree with it.
Overall, good product.

on 12/19/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely hated this product , never buying it again. It had a horrible smell like cheap air freshener , and it was soo sticky! It felt very thick on my skin and had a poor coverage. I blended this with my fingers at first, and it caked up!! Immediately took it off. Yet i decided to give it a try the next day, i used my beauty blender it still looked like i had layers and layers packed on, i blended it with a kabuki brush, and it looked much better. I didn't set it with any powder, but i noticed hours later, I was an oily mess!! & it had oxidized at least 2 shades darker then my actual skin tone. It had also melted off around my nose area, forehead and chin. It looked like a caky mask! Absolute nightmare, I wouldn't recommend this at all, waste of money.

on 11/14/2013 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the way this foundation applies and lays on my skin and the price can't be beat. My skin looks flawless....for about 30 minutes...then I look like I had a bad experience with a self tanner. It is utterly amazing how FAST this foundation oxidizes and turns orange on my skin. I have fair skiin with a definite cool/pink-blue undertone and the oxidation is extremely noticeable on my skin.
My original purchase was in the color Ivory and I thought maybe it was just that color. Nope. I went back and purchased Soft Ivory which has a more neutral/yellow tone to it and it did the exact same thing. I really wanted to like this foundation, but due to the oxidizing factor this foundation is simply unwearable.