RIMMEL Clean Finish

Clean FinishClean Finish

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this for $4.99 and because I liked the other Rimmel London products such as a the bronzing powders and finishing powders I thought it wouldn't hurt to give this a try.
I haven't experienced any issues with the oxidization of this product ruining the colour for me.
I have pretty dry skin and I think the finish I get from this foundation is great, I've been wearing this to work for five-eight hour shifts for the past week and it's been holding up very well. It's a great everyday foundation that just makes my skin look like a better version of itself and not like I'm wearing heavy foundation.

A very great foundation! The coverage is light to medium, which is exactly what I like. I'm in the minority, but I prefer light coverage to heavy coverage. Too much foundation doesn't really complement my face, I guess. I look older and cakey when I use thick, heavy foundations. But with this Rimmel one, everything is great. It comes with a spatula application that is so convenient, it gives my face a dewy (but not too oily) look, and it brightens my complexion. It doesn't cover everything, though, which is fine for me, since I like some of my natural skin to show up, anyways. However, I know that could be a problem for girls who want more coverage, so I recommend to apply concealer afterwards. I just wear the foundation on its own without any concealer, because that's how I like it. Anyway, I do recommend this foundation. This is my second favorite foundation of all times (first one is the Garnier BB cream), and the price is so nice. For such a good product, it would cost more, so this is definitely a steal.

on 2/20/2014 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation. First off, I have the colour soft beige, and I have had no problems with it oxidizing at all - maybe it's just the darker shades that oxidize? The packaging is a little weird... I'd prefer if it came with a pump instead of a spatula. Once it's out of the bottle, I find it dries very fast, so I have to apply it to my face in sections otherwise it is hard to blend evenly. It's medium coverage but it does a good job at concealing the major redness I get in my cheeks. Stays on well with primer. Con: it can feel really heavy when you first apply it. Other than that, I think it's great. It matches me perfectly, stays on all day with primer, and I've even received compliments on my "flawless" skin. I just ordered a beauty blender so I'm looking forward to trying it with that.

I picked it up on a whim because it was cheap and it's definitely my favourite foundation. Give it a go if you have a chance.

on 1/16/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The only good thing about this foundation is the nice texture. Other than that, this foundation is horrible, absolutely a waste of time. I put on a shade lighter than my own skin and within minutes it oxidised to a hideous orangey shade. I tried one shade even lighter, which made me look like a ghost and within minutes again, it turned orange too. It looks streaky, unnatural and like you got sprayed in the face with bronzer. I can't comment on staying power or anything because I washed it off within an hour and wouldn't go near this ever again. There are so many better options in this price range, I wouldn't bother even trying this out.

Also, if you have yellow undertones, forget about it. The shades are not yellow enough for my skin. The oxidisation is the biggest issue really, so no matter what shade you choose it ends up somehow darker. Then separates and pools, again this is within the hour I wore it. It looks unnatural no matter what, not skin-like at all. If you do try this, have a look in natural light 20 minutes after applying and I can almost guarantee you won't come back to it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

THIS FOUNDATION WAS MADE BY SATAN HIMSELF.
IT DUG ITSELF UP FROM THE PITS OF HELL TO DESTROY YOUR FACE.
So I recently ran out of my powder foundation, and after reading on the internet about my skin type, I determined I needed to find a good liquid foundation to achieve a perfect flawless look. I have acne prone skin, but my skin had been blemish free for a few months, I finally had it under control.
So I drove to my local wal mart to buy a haul of makeup. While I was there, I bought what seemed to be the perfect foundation- Rimmel clean finish foundation. This promised to give me a perfect, poreless look- THIS WAS NOT SO.
I was so excited to use this product, but I didnt test it out first (big mistake) and I put it on before church on Sunday morning. I applied it with a beauty blender, and it did look flawless! So without a second look in the mirror I left for church.
So I drove to church happily, excited to show off my flawless face. When I arrived in the parking lot I took one last look in the mirror, and what I found almost made me cry, I LOOKED LIKE I GOT ATTACKED BY AN ORANGE CRAYON. My face was so cakey I couldnt bear it, my porcelain skin was now orange, and there was NOTHING I could do to fix it. What began as a flawless look had turned into a terrible disaster.
Anyway, I was flat broke after paying bills, so I had to keep using the product. I mixed it with a moisturizer to reduce the color and oxidation of the product, but alas, it did not help! Oh yeah, and I almost forgot...
MY PREVIOUSLY FLAWLESS SKIN HAD BROKEN OUT IN CYSTIC ACNE!!!!!!
Minutes after I received my next paycheck, I thought about throwing Satan's foundation in the trash, but instead I kept it, just in case one of my mortal enemies wants to borrow some foundation :)
Anyway, it's been about a month since I stopped using this foundation, and I'm still trying to get my skin back to its previous condition.
So seriously. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

on 4/27/2013 9:38:00 PM

I loved this product for the first six months I was using it. I was using shade 130 True Ivory-- a bit lighter than my skintone. The spatula applicator is super convenient, and it sets matte with a powder foundation on top. But after awhile, I noticed that it gave my t-zone a cakey appearance after a few hours of wear, with and without primer. (I could attribute this to the winter weather, but I've been turned off to this product ever since.) The price is right-- only $2-5. Give it a shot.

I bought this product because of the great reviews that I read on here. I was so excited to try it out. The very first time I did, I really disliked it. I think the main reason why I dislike it so much is that it really oxidized on my skin....within seconds. The color looks like the right match for my skin, but once I blend it in, it looks awful and so orange. The texture is very nice and smooth and I really like the spatula applicator, but I just really hate how orange this product turns out to be. I think if it wasn't for that, this product would be really nice. I got the lightest shade, btw.

on 11/5/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Not really bad by any means, just not that great. I have it in the lightest shade, and I found that it oxidized on my face not too long after I applied it. It applies kind of thick as well. I thought the spatula was a cute idea, and pretty necessary because this stuff is thick. Not all that liquidy at all. I did like the finish it gave, almost like my regular foundation CoverGirl's Natureluxe. I won't repurchase, though. It may be cheap, but it's not my favorite.

I got this when I was tan so the colour now is awful. No longer my colour now that summer is gone, boo. It applied quite natural and light but you have to work quickly with it, otherwise you end up with a beautiful streaky/blotchy finish. It oxidizes to quite an orange colour (every colour I tried in the store did this). The bottle is actually the only part of this product that I love. In the cap is a spatula which makes mixing your foundation easy and makes it even easier to get the right amount out. I wish all non pump bottles were like this! Everything mentioned before was not a deal breaker and can be balanced out with a little bit of effort. BUT. THE SMELL. The smell is the deal breaker. It smells awful, like someone legitimately threw up in your foundation. At first I thought it was the soap I used to wash my brushes, I realized it was the foundation when I used makeup sponges and the horrible smell was still there. I had to clean all my foundation brushes multiple times before the smell came out YUCK. I wish I could return this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I tried this out yesterday and I really like it.
It is easy to blend and the coverage is medium.
It feels light on the skin and is stayed on for a good 4 hours before my oil started to seep through.
I have very oily-combo skin, VERY ACNE prone like to the point where I need meds. And my skin wasn't irritated by it,
I would re-purchase for the great packaging and product
Spatulas rule!

***edit: It actually oxidized on me to a nasty dark tan colour. It looked amazing when applied on but it looked worse throughout the day