RIMMEL Clean Finish

Clean FinishClean Finish

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

I personally do not like this product. I was looking for a new foundation, and I decided to try this product out. The foundation seems heavy on my face, even when I'm wearing very little. I also feel like this product gives little coverage, despite how much I apply. The packaging and applicator looks messy as well. Overall,I'm not a huge fan of this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product in soft ivory, which has yellow undertones. I've never come across a foundation that sits on my skin as nicely as this one does, and I haven't had the same problems with oxidation that seem to be common. It provides a nice amount of coverage without looking heavy, and doesn't further dry out my already-dry skin. The spatula attached to the cap is a nice touch, but I gave the packaging a four simply because I'll always prefer a pump. Overall, beautiful and very inexpensive foundation that I'll definitely recommend and repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this out after seeing a good youtube review for it, and it was okay. Didn't like it all that much but for $3 what can you expect?

on 2/6/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation did not work for me due to its medium coverage and dewy finish, but considering the price it was great. I got it for two dollars from sale and it's actually a decent foundation if you don't have oily skin and many imperfections to cover. It has a thick consistency and the weird spatula really helps you to scoop up some product. Dewy finish, medium coverage and good colors. I'm a NC 25 and 240 Soft Beige was an exact match.

on 12/27/2012 4:07:00 PM

This formula is thick, almost like a creme foundation. People complain about the spatula applicator, but I like it! I finished with powder, simply because I like a dry, matte look, but it's certainly not necessary. Because I use powder, I haven't had a problem with oxidizing, so I can't really comment. Unfortunately for me, it was a little too thick for my skin and my pores were clogged by this foundation.

Drys quickly; Good price point for drugstore foundation; Easily mixed with spatula.
However, the cons: Oxidizes (orange/darker than initial shade-more or less noticeable depending on your skin; Caused breakouts; Staying power/transfers; Need to clean spatula if applying directly to skin to avoid contamination; If not careful, neck of bottle gets messy/cap stained.

for reference: I'm about an NC35, somewhat olive toned, purchased 420 Warm sand and it's a good match. No problems with clog prone, sensitive, combo/dry skin.

Purchased this inexpensive foundation on a whim and I'm surprised to find myself using it fairly often. Comes in a screw top glass bottle with a plastic spatula applicator. Thick creamy formula gives medium/light coverage, not too matte or dewy, close to skin texture, melts into skin well. Formula sets relatively quickly after application, coverage is buildable, staying power is slightly above average.
Overall natural finish, and haven't seen any oxidization as mentioned in other reviews. Seems like the lighter shades oxisdise, but perhaps not the darker shades?
I'll definitely use it up and may buy again. Another option in the same price range is NYC smooth skin foundation which has medium leaning toward full coverage.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

An alright foundation that I wouldn't write to mother about.

on 12/3/2011 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I tried the Clean Finish 100% poreless in 120 Ivory and it's like putting chalk on my face. The texture is actually nice and creamy first on, though the spatula is unpleasantly suggestive of a bricklayer's trowel which doesn't make me feel better. Am I to slather this stuff into my pores to make them go away like I'm plastering over any imperfections? Not what I want in a foundation. Anyway, it went on nice, but the color shifted and became a nasty chalky shade too pale for my skin. This is after going on about perfect. So I threw it out. Not even worth the gas to take it back to the store and get my money back. Disappointed.

on 11/11/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had a coupon for this product, and since I love to try different things out I decided why not. At first I thought I loved it, but then upon continuous use I realized that this product was making me insanely oily during the day. I've tried off and on to use this product and have no luck. I didn't spend to much on the product, under $3 so I can't really complain. I won't be repurchasing.