Rimmel Clean Finish

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Rimmel Clean Finish
Clean FinishClean Finish

3.1

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

I kinda bought this on a whim because it was so cheap.
I found it for like $2.80 at big lots and it looked like a pretty good match with my skin tone so i figured why the hell not? I got the #240 “soft beige” shade and it went perfectly with my skin tone. I own their matte mousse foundation in “true ivory” and like it but usually use it when i get all dolled up and wanted something more neutral and lighter for the off days. Idk about the rest but going off of what im seeing in alot of these reviews I guess I must have gotten lucky or gotten a bottle with a better batch in it coz it didn’t oxidize on me and stayed true to its shade indoors and out in the natural light and it Applied nicely to the skin. It went on rather smoothly and didn't cake up or crack it kinda just melted right in and gave me that “second skin” look. The coverage was also better than decent. I had a few dark spots and minor reddish post acne marks and it covered it all nicely. (I used the Kat von D lock it edge foundation brush btw ) Another pro is that it hasn’t irritated my skin or caused any break outs and i’ve worn it for a few weeks now so I think it’s safe to say that It isn’t one of those pore clogging mask like foundations atleast not for me anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the little spatula that comes attached to the top can be a good thing if you are the type that likes to take the amount of product that you are going to use and put it on the back of your hand and picking it up as you go with a beauty blender or brush or if you just want to use it to dab a tiny amount around your face and then blend it out. Only complaint is why the holes in it though? I don’t see the point of that but its not a big deal to me.
Overall i’d say for the price paid it’s a good foundation. It has better than light coverage that doesn’t feel heavy but still leaves you looking flawless yet natural and doesn’t irritate the skin or oxidize. If I ran out I think i would consider buying it again

i tried to use this so many times but all it does it clump up on the skin in uneven spots. the more you try to blend it, it starts moving around the skin and becoming patchy. it just goes from bad to worse. i have tried with both a brush and a sponge. i can't get this foundation to look good with either of them

on 11/17/2016 2:34:00 PM

So, I really wanted to like this foundation. It may work out for someone else, but my experience hasn't been great despite the price. I do not own ANY high-end.. anything, especially foundations. All I use is drugstore so I can't compare it to a higher-end foundation, but this is the worst foundation out of the entire Rimmel line that I've tried (and I've tried almost all of them).

My first problem is with the texture - it's a thicker, almost.. powdery, cakey texture. It doesn't feel as smooth as other liquid foundations in either shade I bought it in. I tried mixing up the bottles and everything but there's something weird about the texture. It blends out okay but I feel like I have to work a little harder compared to other Rimmel foundations (the Match Perfection blends like a dream). I first bought this foundation in 220 (Soft Ivory) first as it seemed to match my tan summer skin. It ended up being slightly too dark, so I went back and bought 120 (Ivory) which matches me better. Well, until I go outside that is. This stuff oxidizes pretty badly. I work in an office and spend a max of 15 minutes in my car on my way to work, and by 12 PM despite being inside my foundation is noticeably darker. It oxidizes unevenly, darker in some areas and lighter in others. Powders do not sit well on top of this foundation due tot he already powdery consistency. The entirety of the Rimmel line of foundations also run very pink toned, and I'm more neutral/warm. I'm pale so it isn't quite as obvious, but I can see it in the oxidation for sure.

On the plus side, the packaging is cool (I like the paddle), it was like $3.50 from my local Walmart, and it did last all day without leaving me too oily (I'm combo/oily and struggle with oil slicks) despite the uneven texture/coloring. I haven't broken out from it and it does cover pretty nicely - I suffer from PIE/PIH and this stuff is buildable enough for me to not need spot concealer on the majority of my problem areas. That's about where the good stuff ends though. I won't be repurchasing, even though my little scrooge heart wants to since it's so darn cheap. If you want a Rimmel foundation, the Rimmel Match Perfection I've mentioned is my favorite from the line, though it leaves me a little oily and is light in coverage. The Lasting Finish has the best coverage/texture.

TL;DR:

PROS:
-Packaging
-Price
-Lasting power
-Coverage

CONS:
-Oxidation
-Texture - thick,uneven,powdery? cakey?
-Uneven tone
-Cannot use powder on top without further texture/cake issues
-Not enough warm toned shades (at least in the paler shades - not sure about deeper shades, if they even have any)

I really like this Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation and the price is only about $4 at K-Mart! Most cheaply priced foundations are just that: Cheap!! I have medium light skin and reddish brown hair so I bought this in the color #240 Soft Beige. This color is perfect for me in the fall/winter months but I might look for it in a darker color for spring/summer. The consistency of this foundation is thick and a little hard to spread over your skin, thus taking more time to appy than I like when I am in a hurry! However, once it is on, you will be surprised at how nice it looks and feels. It is super matte and has a slight tightening effect on my skin. I can honestly say that it stays put all day long and I would compare the staying power to Revlon Color Stay. The only reason I do not like Color Stay foundation is it dries my skin out terribly. This is not my HG foundation, however it is of good quality and has a lot of bang for just four bucks!

I have been trying out foundations for awhile since I am new to makeup and I have only worn this one time but I love it! It is very light, it is easy to apply, the applicator is a bit wonky but I used a sponge to spread it. I used this foundation on top of my Rimmel Matte Stay Primer and I think this is the best my makeup has looked. I am so happy with the way it looks on my face.

This is a terrible product because if you don't immediately blend out the foundation it becomes cracked and hard and even once u blend it out the foundation begins to crack and dry up

on 4/1/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Well, i guess I should've trusted the negative reviews on this one. This has to be the most unusual foundation I've encountered. The texture is weird and lumpy, and no matter what I apply it with (or how), it makes my face look like a mosaic painting. Super patchy, and the color oxidizes immediately. It accentuates pores in a major way. Even at the low price, I cannot say there are any pro's.

This is a very inexpensive foundation. I randomly picked it up at Walmart and thought it might be nice to try. It claims to be good for sensitive and acne prone skin, fragrance free, and will give you a 100% poreless natural even complexion.... Well I liked the foundation at first until I realized that it oxidizes really bad... I'm talking ugly orange blotches... I also found this foundation to be unsuccessful because it does not work well with my oily skin. So if you have oily skin don't bother with this. Not sure who would like this foundation... If you want orange skin this is the foundation for you.

on 1/10/2015 3:16:00 AM

so i have purchased this foundation and at the very first day i tried it, it had a very dewy finish to my skin but i noticed that the foundation colour had a greyish tint on my face, although the finish was great. So i liked it so much on my skin on the FIRST DAY, i decided to go and purchase another bottle so i can get my exact colour and in my mind i thought ok probably this will be as good. Boy was i wrong... it oxidized to a very ugly colour..

price is good, and u will always find it on sale somehow at drugstores

packaging is ok , sometimes the wand that they gave drops a bit of the product so i prefer a different sort of make up applicator for this product

will i purchase again? NO...
it oxidizes so quickly, and gives you a very strange colour, even after i mixed both foundations i still got a very ugly oxidized colour, where its not yellow or pink toned, its grey and it looked like i didnt wash my face for a while , a very ruddy unwashed face look.

but if u got the right colour and it did not oxidize, its easy to blend especially with a round brush and it gives u a flawless dewy look.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It had a strange, lumpy texture and it oxidized to orange pretty quickly on my face.