RIMMEL Clean Finish

Clean FinishClean Finish

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this one sale for 6 dollars at target and happened to find the colour that matched my skin tone perfectly. It is 340 nude. I've tried looking for this shade many other times after finishing the product but can never seem to find it so it seems like "rare" shade..

Onto the actual product though, I LOVE it. I'm not much of a drugstore foundation kind of person. I do prefer using MAC over drugstore because MOST of them seem to be a miss with me. This is definitely a hit. It's good to use everyday if you don't want to use up your high end foundations. I find that it has light to medium coverage, covers redness perfectly, lasts around 6 hours and is very light on the skin (which is why I would recommend it for everyday use). It's a thick formula, so it's very moisturizing for my skin and doesn't feel oily on my skin at all. I went through 2 containers of this product and just bought the same product in the "Matte" version. Can't wait to try it out!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is absolutely amazing. I had bought it just because it was sooo cheap and I desperately needed a new foundation, turn out I've been using this for a year now! It feel light on the skin and gives a complete coverage of redness and imperfection. Plus, it gives you that luminous look.
Surprinsingly love love love this product

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

recently i purchased rimmels clean finish look 100 % poreless foundation. i have large pores on certain areas of my face and wanted minimize the look of them without a pore filler. i wore this foundation twice and i have to say that i wasnt impressed. first, the color selection was very limited. i got the darkest color (420 warm sand) and it was still a bit light. it claims to give a 100% poreless finish while looking natural. when u first apply it, u have to work with it fast as it dries pretty quickly. the consistency is very thick which is ok for me. i personally do not like liquidy foundations. as far as coverage goes, it is medium. it is buildable so u will need to put on at least 2 layers to get full coverage. as far as poreless....no. it was ok when i first put it on but after about 20 minutes, it sunk into my pores and made them stand out even more. it also gave me a sort of cakey look on my large pore areas. when an item claims to minimize my pores, i expect a flawless look not cakey overall, this product did not do as it says it would do. i would not recommend this for people trying to hide minimize their pores and for those who want full coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I saw this yesterday at Wal-Mart & had just ran out of my old foundation, it was I think called "For Colored Girls" something like that. Anyway, I saw this & bought the Warm Carmel because it was about 5 dollars, matched my skin & looked pretty good & everything. I tried this on earlier today & I cant describe how wonderful this has worked for me! It is like weightless on my skin & covers up most of my small cuts. The only problem I guess is how quickly it dries but that isn't bad if your in a rush, only if your taking your time. Basically If you want a good foundation this is the one to get. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I was running around the store a couple of days ago searching for a better foundation I have VERY sensitive skin, it will either get extremely dry and flaky or it will break out depending on the makeup I use. I found Rimmel Clean Finish it was only $4 and said 100% poreless so I figured I'd try it. I put it on and it was very light, covered amazingly and felt very soft on my skin and not oily or anything. It lasted ALL DAY!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I decided to check out a new drugstore foundation because all of my other foundations were higher-end and I didn't want to waste them for everyday. I looked up some reviews online, here of course, and saw it had decent ratings and the price was around $4, how could I say no?
Upon trying it, I thought I had chosen the perfect color. I have a very pale olive skin tone with very prominent yellow undertones. I had swatched the foundations in-store to get a good idea of the color I should buy, and the one I purchased seemed to be a good match. When I saw the foundation in natural light it seemed a bit too pink for me and a tad too dark, but work-able. The color wasn't too off and I dismissed it.
The factor that set me away from this foundation is the fact that it does not sit well on my skin! I have tried so many different foundations and I don't think I've ever has such a problem with caking in my life. Something about this foundation and my skin does not work together, no matter how I try it. It especially does not respond well to when I use a primer, which is unfortunate because this foundation really tends to show off my pores.
It's a heavy foundation, and I don't mean coverage-wise. The foundation literally sits on your skin but it's coverage is close to medium. I try to build the foundation and I haven't had luck. I'm the kind of girl who needs a full-coverage foundation and this is not it.
In regards to the finish, you get a very dewy finish. Too dewy. But this is easily brought down with a powder. I tried the Rimmel Stay Matte along with this, and it worked decently. I'd say it looked like I had a nice skin finish once powdered.
Overall, I'm still trying to work with this foundation so I can get my use out of it. It's not completely horrid and if you can find your color and have a great powder to matte it down, you'll be good! I wouldn't recommend for oily or mature skin types. This might work good on dry to normal skin. Considering it was so cheap, I might just toss it. I would return it if I didn't lose the receipt!

on 7/3/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I CANNOT believe this foundation is only $4. It feels light, doesn't cling to the flakes/dry areas on my face & lasted all day (in an office with air conditioning so there was very little exposure to the "elements.") The color range is limited, I'll admit, but even with my fair skin and persistent redness I was able to find something suitable for an everyday basis (for reference, I purchased the Warm Ivory because they didn't have any Ivory when I went & oddly enough, I thought the True Ivory was too dark. Also, I'm in denial about my paleness so I always tend to choose a shade or two darker!) The coverage is medium so if you're looking for full coverage you might want to look elsewhere because I think if you were to try and build this up it would start to get cakey. I didn't experience the same problem with oxidization as others have mentioned but, my skin is fairly dry so that might be the reason there. All in all, I'd say it was a very good purchase & I'd probably repurchase...if they don't release the Wake Me Up foundation in the US :/

I really liked this foundation at first. Even better than Revlon Colorstay b/c it did give me a poreless look and blended beautifully. But after some research on the EWG Skin Deep website this foundation scored an 8 out of 10 for harmful chemical overload. While it might cover well its not worth it in the long run to subject myself to long term damage. I read that ingredients in the foundation when exposed to sunlight can cause harmful carcinogenic effects on the skin. Too bad I had thought I found my diamond in the rough liquid foundation but not this time. Everyone be careful what your putting on your face no need to up the cancer factor because your beautiful inside as well as out.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

If it has less than a 70% approval rating on MUA, I love it lmao. NO SILICONES. NO SILICONES. NO SILICONES! !!!!!! I could shout it from every roof top when I actually discover a drugstore foundation whose top 3 ingredients are not silicones. I can't use foundations with 'cones and during a time when it was getting next to impossible to find a drugstore one without one, Rimmel swoops in and introduces Clean Finish.

I will be so sad if this ever gets discontinued (and let's face it, it will. Because everything I love gets discontinued.) It doesn't break me out, it doesn't make me look greasy, it covers well... can be sheered out or built up, has this nice little applicator so you aren't pounding a bottle against your hands to get any product out, and has a wide color selection of warmer, cooler and neutral shades. Oh annnnnnnd it's like $4-5 bucks a bottle. How can you beat it? You can't. I feel like yelling when talking about this foundation, that's how happy it makes me.

This foundation wasnt the best for me, It didnt match my skin tone, and it doesnt last all day, maybe if i had a better primer. It didnt work on my oily skin and made me break out.