RIMMEL Clean Finish

Clean FinishClean Finish

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This hideous mask-like foundation is THE ONLY foundation I can wear without aggravating my cystic acne....I love it for that alone...Otherwise it's the worst I've ever seen....It takes an act of Congress to get it to blend.....I use a damp beauty blender and move very quickly....It sets in less than 60 seconds....My skin is so oily every couple of hours I have to blend and powder.....Without this foundation I'd have to go around bare faced....It's definitely better than nothing at all!!

on 1/23/2017 9:33:00 AM

Normally I wear Everyday Minerals matte foundation. Every now and then my skin gets a little problematic (not because of EM) and I feel better using a liquid foundation for a few days. Rimmel Clean Finish is perfect for me and it's usually right around $4, which is really unbelievable.

For me: It goes on very smooth even if I'm in a huge hurry and just use my fingers to apply. It feels fairly light on my skin and gives awesome buildable coverage without getting goopy or flaky or gross. I use 240 Soft Beige and it blends into my skin tone so well, no orange or weird color. It doesn't feel or look like a mask, which is a problem I usually have with liquid foundations especially if I try to build up the coverage. After I put it on, I buff it out with a little Cody Airspun loose powder and I seriously end up with a poreless but very natural looking finish. The best part is that I can use it when my skin is problematic and it has absolutely no negative effects. I tend to go shiny on my tzone even in the best of circumstances, and with this foundation it's no different. The good thing is that I can refresh the powder and the shine is gone plus the finish looks perfect again.

I've tried a lot of liquid foundations, at all price points, and as of now this is the best ever for me. I'm sure it won't work for everyone, but for the price there's no reason not to give it a try.

Part of my love for this foundation comes from how well it works for me with the Cody Airspun powder. The two things just seem to work perfectly on my skin. I use a flat top brush with the powder and buff it into my skin until everything is perfectly smooth. I'm not sure how I would like using one without the other.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Is it just me or this foundation smells really bad? I can say that this foundation gives me a good coverage at it lasts long but it really smells bad. It didn't give me the orange tint that were mentioned in the other reviews. It's pretty good for my oily skin plus it matches me perfectly. I'm using the shade 260 natural ivory.

on 8/31/2015 12:45:00 AM

I wanted to love this foundation because it is so offordable. Typically im the lightest or second lightest shade of foundation so i picked up the lightest shade. I swatched it on the back of my hand and it oxidized after a few minutes. Id say it was 3 shades darker than my skin!!!!! I tried it on my face and i looked orange! Do not recomend if you're fair or have a cool undertone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this for $4.99 and because I liked the other Rimmel London products such as a the bronzing powders and finishing powders I thought it wouldn't hurt to give this a try.
I haven't experienced any issues with the oxidization of this product ruining the colour for me.
I have pretty dry skin and I think the finish I get from this foundation is great, I've been wearing this to work for five-eight hour shifts for the past week and it's been holding up very well. It's a great everyday foundation that just makes my skin look like a better version of itself and not like I'm wearing heavy foundation.

on 5/8/2015 3:43:00 PM

I bought this because it was only $4. I should have saved that $4 and bought a different foundation that was a little more pricy. I liked this a lot on the first impression, but it quickly oxidized (in a few minutes) and turned super dark and didn't look good at all. I'm glad I had extra time to take it off before I had to leave for work.

on 2/6/2015 6:43:00 PM

I love this foundation! I'm kind of new to the foundation game and I like this one more than I do my Revlon Colorstay. I bought it in 120 Ivory and it matches perfectly. I have combo oily/dry skin and this is perfect. Doesn't accentuate the dry patches and with pressed powder, I'm not shiny after a few hours. This is not a full coverage foundation but I don't need that. I do have a lot of redness, but my primer takes care of that along with the two concealers I use (one of which is Rimmel). I've seen other reviews about it oxidizing and turning orange but I have never had that problem. I apply it with the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge and it looks flawless! I'm not crazy about the spatula applicator though, I wish it were a pump, but that's not a big deal. The fact that it costs less that $4 at Walmart, you can't beat it!

on 11/15/2014 5:51:00 PM

This stuff is pretty bad. It didn't blend well, seems to accentuate my pores, oxidezed and turned blotchy.

I really love this foundation. I put it on and it instantly covered my redness with just one layer. It's very light weight and drys fast. The only downfall to this foundation is that after a few hours it will turn ORANGE! I'm so sad because it's such a good foundation! Rimmel needs a bigger color selection!!! Ahhhhh

on 7/17/2014 6:50:00 PM

I was looking for a lighter coverage foundation for everyday use and my friend recommended this product to me. I do have acne prone skin, and this product hasn't caused any breakouts. I like to set it with my Rimmel stay matt powder, especially in my t-zone were I tend to get oily. This product seems to oxidize more the more I put on, so I would not recommend building it up for better coverage. For the times I have a bad breakout I always fall back to my beloved revlon colorstay foundation. I used to use the colorstay foundation everyday, but now that my skin is clearing up I was on the hunt for a good lighter feeling foundation that evens my skin tone and hides some discoloration, which this does.