RIMMEL Clean Finish

Clean FinishClean Finish

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

for reference: I'm about an NC35, somewhat olive toned, purchased 420 Warm sand and it's a good match. No problems with clog prone, sensitive, combo/dry skin.

Purchased this inexpensive foundation on a whim and I'm surprised to find myself using it fairly often. Comes in a screw top glass bottle with a plastic spatula applicator. Thick creamy formula gives medium/light coverage, not too matte or dewy, close to skin texture, melts into skin well. Formula sets relatively quickly after application, coverage is buildable, staying power is slightly above average.
Overall natural finish, and haven't seen any oxidization as mentioned in other reviews. Seems like the lighter shades oxisdise, but perhaps not the darker shades?
I'll definitely use it up and may buy again. Another option in the same price range is NYC smooth skin foundation which has medium leaning toward full coverage.

I picked 2 bottles of this foundation for $3.97 each at Walmart. I was hoping this would be my HG foundation, and sadly, I will have to resume my hunt. :(
At first, I loved this foundation. The applicator is wonderful. It is a paddle design, that in my opinion helps get an even application. It gives the PERFECT coverage for my skin (i have a bit of acne and blackheads) and it matched me perfectly. The color selection was limited, and seemed geared more to medium skintones.
However, I noticed that after an hour or 2, it made my skin turn ORANGE. And when i say orange, i mean like a spray tan gone wrong. I mixed this in with my tinted moisturizer (it has been discontinued) and it takes it away completely, but i am running out of the tinted moisturizer. I finished the first bottle and I'm still going to finish the rest of my current bottle.
I really wanted to love this foundation, but sadly, this is a no go.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I went into CVS looking for a Revlon foundation, which I saw a youtube review on. I wasn't able to find it and stumbled upon Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation, I read that it makes pores appear smaller. I don't have extremely large pores, but I do notice my pores around my cheeks appear larger than the rest on my face. I decided to dab a little on the inner part of my arm and got a pretty good match with Soft Beige and it did seem conceal the pores on my arms. It was $4.99 but I am pretty sure Walmart is cheaper. I decided to get it and give it a try anyways, foundation for $5 is pretty damn good in my book=) I got home and applied it with my stippling brush, oh and forgot to mention the foundation comes with a spatula that is attached to the top of the bottle. I thought that was way better than trying to pour the foundation on my hand (less control). I applied it on my face and it did make my pores appear smaller or concealed them. I applied some translucent powder over it and my skin looked flawless, it's not too heavy too which is a major plus! I didn't give this product 5 stars because i do not like glass bottles to carry around in my bag. I prefer plastic to be on the safe side but overall it is a great foundation.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

The finish is not bad at all; however, the lightest shade gave me the dark pink face/white neck thing that I seem to always get with "lightest-shade" foundations. It was just too dark. Rimmel is such a great brand, so I'm always happy to try out their latest. With respect to their foundations, I just wish they would start incorporating shades to match us NC10 ladies, too!

I've been trying to use this for 6 weeks or more and the best I can say for it is meh. The color selection isn't great--I chose the lightest color and it's still too dark and I'm not extremely pale either. It does oxidize. The finish leaves something to be desired and Rimmel should definitely take "Look 100% poreless" off the bottle. Again, meh.

on 4/4/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have been using this out for close to 2 months. I wanted to give it a fair chance and my decision is I wouldn't buy it again.

The pros to this foundation are price, no fragrance and good lasting power.

The cons: No matter how good a match you think you get, the foundation darkens as it drys, by a good shade or so. It also runs just a bit pink even with the warm Ivory shade I chose.

This also dries fast, way too fast to do more than a small section of your face at a time. It is very matte, too much so for me.

The spatula is ok, but I can't see being able to get all of the product out of the bottle with it, it's too thick to tap out. A lot of product will be wasted. The plastic squeeze tube would be much better.

There are better Rimmel fondations.