Rimmel Clean Finish

Rimmel Clean Finish
Clean FinishClean Finish

3.3

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

THIS FOUNDATION WAS MADE BY SATAN HIMSELF.
IT DUG ITSELF UP FROM THE PITS OF HELL TO DESTROY YOUR FACE.
So I recently ran out of my powder foundation, and after reading on the internet about my skin type, I determined I needed to find a good liquid foundation to achieve a perfect flawless look. I have acne prone skin, but my skin had been blemish free for a few months, I finally had it under control.
So I drove to my local wal mart to buy a haul of makeup. While I was there, I bought what seemed to be the perfect foundation- Rimmel clean finish foundation. This promised to give me a perfect, poreless look- THIS WAS NOT SO.
I was so excited to use this product, but I didnt test it out first (big mistake) and I put it on before church on Sunday morning. I applied it with a beauty blender, and it did look flawless! So without a second look in the mirror I left for church.
So I drove to church happily, excited to show off my flawless face. When I arrived in the parking lot I took one last look in the mirror, and what I found almost made me cry, I LOOKED LIKE I GOT ATTACKED BY AN ORANGE CRAYON. My face was so cakey I couldnt bear it, my porcelain skin was now orange, and there was NOTHING I could do to fix it. What began as a flawless look had turned into a terrible disaster.
Anyway, I was flat broke after paying bills, so I had to keep using the product. I mixed it with a moisturizer to reduce the color and oxidation of the product, but alas, it did not help! Oh yeah, and I almost forgot...
MY PREVIOUSLY FLAWLESS SKIN HAD BROKEN OUT IN CYSTIC ACNE!!!!!!
Minutes after I received my next paycheck, I thought about throwing Satan's foundation in the trash, but instead I kept it, just in case one of my mortal enemies wants to borrow some foundation :)
Anyway, it's been about a month since I stopped using this foundation, and I'm still trying to get my skin back to its previous condition.
So seriously. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

on 2/18/2011 8:16:00 PM

I bought this on a whim at Walmart. Well, not quite a whim. I did need new foundation and was planning on buying the Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid makeup, but when I saw this I decided to save some money and try it. This was only around $3.50, and the Neutrogena was nearly $12!
I got it in the lightest color (natural ivory, I think?) and it matches my skin almost perfectly! I'm really impressed, because I have very pale, yellowish skin that is difficult to match. This makes my skin look like it's actually a pretty color!
It's really thick, and I'm not sure I understand the whole spatula thing, but whatever. I apply with a flat top brush and kind of buff it on, which worked really well for me. The foundation feels kind of tacky as it dries, but once it dries has a VERY nice finish. Matte but not too matte, it comes very close to clean, un-made-up skin, and it makes a GREAT base for blush and highlighters.
Coverage is medium, but could be made thicker. You could put on two layers of this stuff without it looking thick or awful. If you want thicker coverage, apply it with a brush instead of your fingers or a sponge and pat to blend.
The staying-power is great. It has been several hours and my face still looks like I literally JUST put the makeup on. And I haven't had to powder my shiny T-zone ONCE! I've usually blotted or powdered three or four times by now. I'm so freaking thrilled with this stuff! I'll certainly buy it again, it's not even $4!

on 2/19/2012 11:16:00 PM

I am 43 years old and up until now, have NEVER found a foundation that was the holy grail for me...until now! I've tried high-end and cheap brands and nothing ever looked right...i've thrown out several dozens of bottles over the years. Either the colors were wrong, they looked cakey or made me break out. My daughter purchased a bottle of Rimmel Clean Finish at Walmart for less than 4 bucks and didnt like the color and offered it to me so I tried it, not expecting it to be any good and I was shocked then thrilled with it. It went on smoothly and didnt feel cakey. It evens out my skin tone and brightens my complexion and I dont get that cakey look around my nostrils like other products give me. This is just what I have always wanted, a foundation that gives me a naturally smooth look without looking like I am wearing it. You have to look hard to see that I have it on, yet the improvement in the way my skin looks is definitely noticeable. I'm a happy girl!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I stumbled across this foundation at my local Walgreen's and had to buy it because it was under $4! I love Rimmel's products, with the exception of their liquid foundations, so I was surprised with how happy I was with this foundation.

The PACKAGING is not what I expected. It has a spatula instead of a pump or a regular pour top or a squeeze tube. I thought "why waste my time with a spatula?" And then I realized why..
The CONSISTENCY is very thick. You can literally scoop it out and hold the spatula upside down and it won't go anywhere. Because it's so thick..
The COVERAGE can be either full or medium. For a full coverage, I will stipple it on and blend in small circles with a flat top brush. This definitely made it closer to a full coverage than a medium. It didn't fully cover the redness around my nose, or my acne scars. Merely just softened them. For a medium coverage, I will just rub it on and blend with my fingers or a sponge, followed by a quick swipe of powder foundation. I am very happy with the coverage, and this is coming from someone is a stickler for full coverage.
The COLOR is perfect for my skin tone. For reference I am a NC15-20 in MAC or relatively fair with slight yellow undertones. I bought 130 True Ivory in this foundation.
The FINISH is pretty smooth and matte. I have incredibly dry skin so a matte finish is never a problem for me. Smooth, however, definitely is thanks to all my flaking dry skin. This didn't accentuate my flaking at all.
The STAYING POWER is pretty good. For me, it lasted nearly all day. That was with a primer underneath and powder on top. But then again, with dry skin, I don't have too much trouble making foundation stay. (except during the summer when it gets ridiculously humid here).

It has Vitamins A & E in it. Vitamin A helps to restore elasticity in skin. Vitamin E is good for your skin in that it helps to protect your skin from free radicals, further preventing aging.

BOTTOM LINE: I love this foundation. It made it's smoothing, thick, spatula way into my top two favorite drugstore foundations. Following only closely behind my Revlon Colorstay. I will repurchase it undoubtedly.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was in the market for a liquid medium-full cover foundation with no glow/glitter HD effects. I just wanted something good for my skin, good cover and good staying power to last on special events/going out. I was actually toying with the idea of purchasing Sisley-Paris Oil Free foundation because it seemed like that was right up my alley. However with S-P, I would have to buy online and it retails for $115.00(US) =O. I found Rimmel Clean Finish @ Walmart for under $4.00. I read the ingreidents and it didn't look like it would be a problem for my skin (x fingers). I looked like an absolute fool in the store with three shades in my hand studying each one and peeking inside the cap to find the perfect shade. I'm sure Walmart staff just rolled their eyes and said "She must be one of those MUA people". I thought long & hard between the shades Soft Beige, Classic Beige & True Nude. Soft Beige leaned more yellow and was the lightest of the three. Classic Beige seemed to be the right shade but it had a very strong pink tone and didn't think it would work.. I settled on True Nude (the darkest of the three and it leans neutral). True Nude turned out to be perfect for my skintone and reminds me of my shade in Dior (030 Medium Beige). I actually like the spatula applicator because this foundation is so thick without a pump, I can't see a good way to scoop the product out. I scoop out a little at a time with the spatula and apply it to my Essence of Beauty Duo Fibre Foundation Brush and work in quick strokes from one section to the next. With one layer, you'll get medium cover. With two layers, it's full coverage. The medium coverage in this is way more than what I wear on a daily basis. I typically go for sheer mmu cover. But, what I like about this, it doesn't feel like a mask. Before applying this foundation, I do apply a primer (the L'Oreal one) and I feel with the combination of the primer and foundation, I get a smooth even cover that is nice for a polished look. This foundation does stay matte longer than my Dior but not as long as Revlon CS. I do like Rimmel Clean Finish a lot better than Revlon CS because Rimmel provides a more natual finish and it doesn't have a lingering scent nor does it look off and mask like in natural light like Revlon CS. Also, CS broke me out like crazy. I'm hoping this Rimmel one will be nice to my skin! I also didn't find that this oxidized and the color stayed true all day. So far, I'm really liking this foundation. I will update if I experience any skin issues. I'm curious to see how this will hold up in the summer too.
UPDATE: If I use this for more than two days in a row, I start to develop tiny red bumps on my skin. I do know talc does this to me and I'm assuming that is the lil' bugger that's doing this. So, one lippie off for that. Still a super foundation if you have tough skin.

EDIT: However I do still like this a lot, it's entirely tooooo heavy for the coming summer months. I will use this as my fall/winter foundation if I don't find something else first. :)

IMO this is the best Rimmel foundation to date!

Where to start?

The bottle claims "100% Poreless" I wouldn't say it covers pores 100%, but maybe 85-90? That's pretty cool!

It has a spatula type thingy connected to the cap so you kind of spoon it out, it's a whipped/mousse consistency. I really like it! It spreads very easily and evenly. Applies like a dream! I spread some on the back of my hand and then applied with a foundation brush. I guess I would call it a med coverage.

It wears well most of the day, 10 to 12 hours for me I guess, and doesn't oxidize or turn in to an oil slick. I have a very oily t-zone and normal everywhere else, so this is good stuff. But I can see it working well for ALL types of skin. Price is great too, it was around 6 or 7 bucks.

I got 130 True Ivory, and at first I thought it was going to be too light but it darkened up a tiny bit after it set, and the color is perfect!

So this is my favorite foundation at the moment, it may be a tad too heavy for the summer months, I cross that bridge when I come to it.

on 10/2/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My experience with foundation makeup has generally been limited to drugstore lines. Over the years, I have found many of them to be perfectly mediocre. But I continue to buy them because I keep a tight makeup budget but I believe that foundation gives a little added protection to bare skin and makes you look finished.
Basically, I look for the following qualities:
-Can I get the foundation in a shade that matches my skin tone (VERY light, but with obvious yellow undertones)?
-Can I mix the foundation with a little moisturizer without it getting all gummy?
-Can I get good coverage without looking like I'm caked with stage makeup?
Rimmel Clean Finish has satisfied the above requirements. The selection of skin tones seems to be pretty good for a lower-end drugstore line. In fact, I've gotten a close-to-perfect match with one of their shades. This alone makes the product valuable to me. I always have a hard time getting a good skin tone match and I HATE that tell-tale line at the jaw or neck when you've gotten the color wrong. I also like that I have been able to "cut" the makeup with a little moisturizer to ease blending with no ill effects or drastic reduction in coverage...and I like the coverage level. It makes my complexion look really even. It also holds its look and coverage for hours without getting pilled or cracked. I still liked the look at the end of the day as much as I did when I first applied it.
It is a thicker product which comes with a little spatula applicator, which I thought was a strange feature, but it is actually quite helpful in getting little dollops out of the bottle.
My only complaint is that it finishes in a matte way, which can make me look dry, but I compensate by making sure I mix a bit of a good moisturizer with the foundation and then try not to overload any finishing powder on top of it. Even with that small nit-pick about the finish/sheen, I think the product provides a really good value that works well for my needs. (PS...used shade 240 Soft Beige)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!!! yes i am that excited!! i have finally found a foundation that delivers everything ive been searching years and spending or wasting tons of money for...Rimmel Clean Finish, where have you been my whole life? I am extremely extremely pale w/ pink undertones and I have this in the lightest shade sold (ivory 120) and although its not an exact match, its the best so far. i do mix in a few dabs of my loreal true match c1 alabaster to get a more pink undertone to this but sometimes i realize i may not have to.,. i have only used this a few times but i will def update once i get thru it a bit more but for now i just ran to walmart to pick up a backup bc with most things i find that are HG, they soon run out or are discontinued so i ran there :).. Clean Finish is great for my normal to dry skin (since its a harsh winter here in PA, i have very dry skin but ive been moisturizing like crazy so its getting a bit better) this fndt works great for my skin type. The consistency is unlike any other ive tried, maybe a bit like Covergirl Tru Blend but a tiny bit thicker..its like a cross between a mousse and a liquid..ITS PERFECT!! it comes in a glass jar with 1 fl oz and whats neat is the spatula that is attached to the twist on lid.. Its awesome for scooping out onto back of my hand or onto a palette to prevent contamination. the spatula is awesome. i love how im not wasting a whole bunch of product since there isnt a pump. so it does make up for it.. Now i find w/ a few dabs all over my face & a few spritzes of my homemade fix plus, it blends so easily w/ either my hands, elf powder brush (or a top flat brush), a reg fndt brush..etc.. i dont see how this wouldnt apply good with any method but to each its own so find a technique that works for you since everyones skin is different & i know i like using my fingers or elf studio powder. I love the consistency and how it blends smoothly. (i do use a primer, monistat or hard candy are my favs) i do find it can dry after a few mins so if you do not have a misting spray, then u may wanna work in sections to help ensure even coverage and better blending. I love the finish, its more on the natural to dewy finish but can def be set to a matte finish w/ a setting powder. I find this stays put thru my 8hr work day which says alot bc i work in a hot steamy kitchen but has also lasted me around 10 hrs. when i come home i realize it still looks perfect, it didnt disappear or oxidize. just so nice.. I love the finish it gives. I have tested w/out primer & still at least 8-9 hrs or more. And you dont have to use alot of fndt, a little goes the distance,, i use about a pea size or a bit more. it feels so nice on the skin.. doesnt feel heavy or cakey. has vitamins & does minimize my large pores. The bestest part of all> $3.97 at walmart! yes not even $4 and the bottle will last me a long time! i had a $1 offcoupon which made it that much better. so i will update w/more info but rite now, RIMMEL CLEAN FINISH IS MY HOLY GRAIL foundation & i cant go w/out it! so affordable & has everything i want in a foundation! hallejuah!!!
*UPDATE:-*
at last, Ive found a foundation that Im truly in love with and I reach for everyday. i have a few open foundations in my rotation and i normally debate between a few being impressed with some but they were always dark and then some werent exactly what i was looking for but this foundation is exactly what i love in a foundation- lightweight yet creamy, light to medium coverage without looking cakey or gross as well as always too dark, it never oxidizes nor does it settle in to fine lines or fade. it stays put and fresh throughout the day. it looks great. i do have noticable pores & this may not make em all disappear but as the great Wayne Goss makeup artist says you dont want to cover every pore since it looks weird so this is fabulous & thanks to Rimmel for making a shade that matches my crazy pale skin! ive bought a backup even though with every day use Ive only made it a tiny bit down the bottle, theres so much left. its great you only need a few dots on your face & it spreads out like butter! HG HG HG

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FINALLY this is in Canada! I purchased this today and put it on as soon as I got home! I paid $5.97 Can. for this at my local Wal Mart. For what you get its pretty dirt cheap. When I first put it on it was a light coverage IMO. BUT I did however, build it to medium-full and it didn't look caked on. IMO it is better than revlon CS in coverage and feel. It feels very natural and Rimmel finally has colors to fit fairly pale skintones such as myself. I couldn't even wear ivory in Rimmel lasting finish without it looking too dark and orange but with this foundation I can wear True Ivory with ease. So far so good I've worn this for about 3 hours and no oilies! I usually get oily very fast so I'd say people with fairly oily skin can wear this! I did however wear my Lanacane chafing gel under this as well prior to application. I really think this is a great foundation and can't say enough good things about it so far! I will update in about a month and tell you if my thoughts have changed! For reference I am a bit darker than NC15 but not quite NC20 (as its too yellow) so whoever is like me True Ivory would be a great color choice.

UPDATE: I did take off a lippie because I think it's breaking me out :( I do find its leaving little whitehead bumps on my chin and some turn into huge pimples.... I've stopped using it for now and went back to my HG foundation CoverGirl Aquasmooth I will try and use it again at a later time

on 2/18/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I rarely buy Rimmel products but I decided to give this one a try after coming across it while I was roaming around the cosmetics aisle at Walmart. I decided to pick this up for two reasons; first it was very inexpensive and second the product claimed to give a poreless (I have visible pores on my cheeks) complexion. Overall, I am pretty impressed with this product. For me, so far it does everything it claims - I'm able to achieve a clean, natural, lightweight finish. For reference, I am NC30 and I picked up 340 Nude which seems to work fairly well.