Rimmel Clean Finish

Rimmel Clean Finish
Clean FinishClean Finish

3.3

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This hideous mask-like foundation is THE ONLY foundation I can wear without aggravating my cystic acne....I love it for that alone...Otherwise it's the worst I've ever seen....It takes an act of Congress to get it to blend.....I use a damp beauty blender and move very quickly....It sets in less than 60 seconds....My skin is so oily every couple of hours I have to blend and powder.....Without this foundation I'd have to go around bare faced....It's definitely better than nothing at all!!

i tried to use this so many times but all it does it clump up on the skin in uneven spots. the more you try to blend it, it starts moving around the skin and becoming patchy. it just goes from bad to worse. i have tried with both a brush and a sponge. i can't get this foundation to look good with either of them

on 1/23/2017 9:33:00 AM

Normally I wear Everyday Minerals matte foundation. Every now and then my skin gets a little problematic (not because of EM) and I feel better using a liquid foundation for a few days. Rimmel Clean Finish is perfect for me and it's usually right around $4, which is really unbelievable.

For me: It goes on very smooth even if I'm in a huge hurry and just use my fingers to apply. It feels fairly light on my skin and gives awesome buildable coverage without getting goopy or flaky or gross. I use 240 Soft Beige and it blends into my skin tone so well, no orange or weird color. It doesn't feel or look like a mask, which is a problem I usually have with liquid foundations especially if I try to build up the coverage. After I put it on, I buff it out with a little Cody Airspun loose powder and I seriously end up with a poreless but very natural looking finish. The best part is that I can use it when my skin is problematic and it has absolutely no negative effects. I tend to go shiny on my tzone even in the best of circumstances, and with this foundation it's no different. The good thing is that I can refresh the powder and the shine is gone plus the finish looks perfect again.

I've tried a lot of liquid foundations, at all price points, and as of now this is the best ever for me. I'm sure it won't work for everyone, but for the price there's no reason not to give it a try.

Part of my love for this foundation comes from how well it works for me with the Cody Airspun powder. The two things just seem to work perfectly on my skin. I use a flat top brush with the powder and buff it into my skin until everything is perfectly smooth. I'm not sure how I would like using one without the other.

on 11/17/2016 2:34:00 PM

So, I really wanted to like this foundation. It may work out for someone else, but my experience hasn't been great despite the price. I do not own ANY high-end.. anything, especially foundations. All I use is drugstore so I can't compare it to a higher-end foundation, but this is the worst foundation out of the entire Rimmel line that I've tried (and I've tried almost all of them).

My first problem is with the texture - it's a thicker, almost.. powdery, cakey texture. It doesn't feel as smooth as other liquid foundations in either shade I bought it in. I tried mixing up the bottles and everything but there's something weird about the texture. It blends out okay but I feel like I have to work a little harder compared to other Rimmel foundations (the Match Perfection blends like a dream). I first bought this foundation in 220 (Soft Ivory) first as it seemed to match my tan summer skin. It ended up being slightly too dark, so I went back and bought 120 (Ivory) which matches me better. Well, until I go outside that is. This stuff oxidizes pretty badly. I work in an office and spend a max of 15 minutes in my car on my way to work, and by 12 PM despite being inside my foundation is noticeably darker. It oxidizes unevenly, darker in some areas and lighter in others. Powders do not sit well on top of this foundation due tot he already powdery consistency. The entirety of the Rimmel line of foundations also run very pink toned, and I'm more neutral/warm. I'm pale so it isn't quite as obvious, but I can see it in the oxidation for sure.

On the plus side, the packaging is cool (I like the paddle), it was like $3.50 from my local Walmart, and it did last all day without leaving me too oily (I'm combo/oily and struggle with oil slicks) despite the uneven texture/coloring. I haven't broken out from it and it does cover pretty nicely - I suffer from PIE/PIH and this stuff is buildable enough for me to not need spot concealer on the majority of my problem areas. That's about where the good stuff ends though. I won't be repurchasing, even though my little scrooge heart wants to since it's so darn cheap. If you want a Rimmel foundation, the Rimmel Match Perfection I've mentioned is my favorite from the line, though it leaves me a little oily and is light in coverage. The Lasting Finish has the best coverage/texture.

TL;DR:

PROS:
-Packaging
-Price
-Lasting power
-Coverage

CONS:
-Oxidation
-Texture - thick,uneven,powdery? cakey?
-Uneven tone
-Cannot use powder on top without further texture/cake issues
-Not enough warm toned shades (at least in the paler shades - not sure about deeper shades, if they even have any)

I really like this Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation and the price is only about $4 at K-Mart! Most cheaply priced foundations are just that: Cheap!! I have medium light skin and reddish brown hair so I bought this in the color #240 Soft Beige. This color is perfect for me in the fall/winter months but I might look for it in a darker color for spring/summer. The consistency of this foundation is thick and a little hard to spread over your skin, thus taking more time to appy than I like when I am in a hurry! However, once it is on, you will be surprised at how nice it looks and feels. It is super matte and has a slight tightening effect on my skin. I can honestly say that it stays put all day long and I would compare the staying power to Revlon Color Stay. The only reason I do not like Color Stay foundation is it dries my skin out terribly. This is not my HG foundation, however it is of good quality and has a lot of bang for just four bucks!

I have been trying out foundations for awhile since I am new to makeup and I have only worn this one time but I love it! It is very light, it is easy to apply, the applicator is a bit wonky but I used a sponge to spread it. I used this foundation on top of my Rimmel Matte Stay Primer and I think this is the best my makeup has looked. I am so happy with the way it looks on my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Is it just me or this foundation smells really bad? I can say that this foundation gives me a good coverage at it lasts long but it really smells bad. It didn't give me the orange tint that were mentioned in the other reviews. It's pretty good for my oily skin plus it matches me perfectly. I'm using the shade 260 natural ivory.

This is a terrible product because if you don't immediately blend out the foundation it becomes cracked and hard and even once u blend it out the foundation begins to crack and dry up

If it didn't turn orange and dark I wouldn't need or even bother looking for another foundation. I applied it with no primer and it applied evenly and very smooth, though it did dry rather quickly. Upclose in a magnified mirror in direct sunlight my skin looked really good and natural. It feels very light and feels very comfortable. I'm going to try a lighter shade since I know it'll oxidize.
$3.97 walmart

on 9/2/2015 6:36:00 PM

I bought this product just to try it out and then went online and looked up reviews. I didn't believe the reviews when it said that it made your face orange and it stung. So I was like okay lets try it out. I put very little on and withing like 3 seconds my face looked like i have put a ton of really really really orange bronzer on myself and within a minute or two my face started to sting. I do not recommend this product to anyone!!