RIMMEL Clean Finish

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
RIMMEL Clean Finish
Clean FinishClean Finish

2.7

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

I really like this Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation and the price is only about $4 at K-Mart! Most cheaply priced foundations are just that: Cheap!! I have medium light skin and reddish brown hair so I bought this in the color #240 Soft Beige. This color is perfect for me in the fall/winter months but I might look for it in a darker color for spring/summer. The consistency of this foundation is thick and a little hard to spread over your skin, thus taking more time to appy than I like when I am in a hurry! However, once it is on, you will be surprised at how nice it looks and feels. It is super matte and has a slight tightening effect on my skin. I can honestly say that it stays put all day long and I would compare the staying power to Revlon Color Stay. The only reason I do not like Color Stay foundation is it dries my skin out terribly. This is not my HG foundation, however it is of good quality and has a lot of bang for just four bucks!

I am amazed that such an inexpensive product follows through on its promises! It was less than $5.00 and there is a large amount. I wanted to replace expensive department store brands and just thought I would give it a try. The dry down is very fast and the finish is smooth and your pores do appear to be diminished. The surface is matte, so if you want a glow or a moisturized look this may not work for you. I found the coverage to be good. I have problems with reddish skin and nothing covers it completely. This does a fairly good job especially when you consider that it lasts and doesn't look caked on.

on 2/7/2011 8:37:00 PM

UPDATE: I ended up ditching this. The more I used it, the less I liked it. Hardly any coverage, in spite of the thick texture. Can't wear it w/o powder and even then, gets shiny very soon. Color is the only good thing (maybe because it's so sheer). And the price. But that's not good enough.

After a good deal of color-guessing and cursing store lighting and lack of testers, I settled for Soft Beige. Score! Of all the thousands of foundations, h/e-l/e, I've tried in my life, this must be the most accurate color. So at least on that count, thank you, Rimmel!

Coverage: No, it's not full (I don't care what people say). Especially when you consider how thick it is. I have fdts. that are a lot thinner than this that have more coverage. However, it's much, much better than FitMe. This one actually DOES cover a bit. I'd say light to medium-light.

Finish: actually, pretty decent. Does not make my imperfect skin look dry or wrinkly.

Staying power: I can't really say. I have oily skin, so I can only judge from that point of view. I dusted a bit of color-less, oil-absorbing powder (Tarte, I think) on this and so far (after about an hour) it looks ok. Doesn't feel tacky to the touch, or anything.

Package: Good. Then again, I'm not one to soil her underwear if the bottle doesn't have a blessed pump.