RIMMEL Clean Finish

Clean FinishClean Finish

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 12/19/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This foundation is called "Wake Me Up" and has an orange top. It not only has a really nice feel, and is relatively inexpensive, but the colour match is perfect! I have been having trouble finding a foundation to cover some of the redness in my skin, but still look fresh and natural. This foundation does it. Another reviewer mentioned how she came upon this make-up by accident and how well it worked, and I agree! It has been a wonderful find.

on 11/14/2013 1:06:00 PM

I love the way this foundation applies and lays on my skin and the price can't be beat. My skin looks flawless....for about 30 minutes...then I look like I had a bad experience with a self tanner. It is utterly amazing how FAST this foundation oxidizes and turns orange on my skin. I have fair skiin with a definite cool/pink-blue undertone and the oxidation is extremely noticeable on my skin.
My original purchase was in the color Ivory and I thought maybe it was just that color. Nope. I went back and purchased Soft Ivory which has a more neutral/yellow tone to it and it did the exact same thing. I really wanted to like this foundation, but due to the oxidizing factor this foundation is simply unwearable.

on 12/3/2011 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I tried the Clean Finish 100% poreless in 120 Ivory and it's like putting chalk on my face. The texture is actually nice and creamy first on, though the spatula is unpleasantly suggestive of a bricklayer's trowel which doesn't make me feel better. Am I to slather this stuff into my pores to make them go away like I'm plastering over any imperfections? Not what I want in a foundation. Anyway, it went on nice, but the color shifted and became a nasty chalky shade too pale for my skin. This is after going on about perfect. So I threw it out. Not even worth the gas to take it back to the store and get my money back. Disappointed.

on 9/12/2011 12:19:00 AM

Had to purchase a foundation from the drugstore quickly and picked up this cheap little gem! Works so well for me with my oily skin...still need to blot but I need to blot no matter what (even with my YSL foundation) as far as drugstore goes for me this and the CoverGirl Natureluxe foundations are the best :-) Loved it and will repurchase at 4.99 less a dollar coupon this only cost me 3.99!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using Rimmel Lasting Finish for years and love it, and I picked this up on a whim. I'm so glad I did. If Clean Finish means smooth, nearly poreless skin and a product that controls oil and lasts all day, then this foundation hits it out of the park. I use this as an undereye concealer as well, and it works perfectly. It lasts through my workouts as well. Also, this foundation has to be worked in quickly. I've never used a foundation that dried so fast. I put it on my fingers, rub them together, and then apply to my face, rubbing from the T-zone out. One thin coat is usually enough, but I've applied three thin coats with great results. I do not need concealer with this foundation. I have also used this in combination with my Lasting Finish, mixing the two together, and I get the same great coverage with more blendability. This is an all around fantastic product, and it gets a five even though the ridiculous paddle applicator is an idea that was stolen from the Jafra products of the 70s. It was dumb then and it's dumb now, but Rimmel, you are forgiven.

Got this at Walmart- very inexpensive with a coupon. I do like the finish and nice color match--however, this just didn't last all day on me. I have combo-oily skin. I'll reach for this when I don't require all day wear, not quite sure if I would buy it again. You must work quickly with this foundation. I use my fingers first, all over then go over areas (nose and cheeks) with a Sigma flat top kabuki and stipple. Looks like your skin- but better!

on 4/4/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have been using this out for close to 2 months. I wanted to give it a fair chance and my decision is I wouldn't buy it again.

The pros to this foundation are price, no fragrance and good lasting power.

The cons: No matter how good a match you think you get, the foundation darkens as it drys, by a good shade or so. It also runs just a bit pink even with the warm Ivory shade I chose.

This also dries fast, way too fast to do more than a small section of your face at a time. It is very matte, too much so for me.

The spatula is ok, but I can't see being able to get all of the product out of the bottle with it, it's too thick to tap out. A lot of product will be wasted. The plastic squeeze tube would be much better.

There are better Rimmel fondations.

on 1/23/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, Thank you Rimmel for consistently producing foundation shades that match my fair-med neutral skin tone exactly.
This looks like my skin but better on. It does help mask pores on my nose- and it does not accentuate the pores on my cheeks and upper lip, or the lines there either. Aftger the foundation has set, it feels smooth and dry to the touch, but is not drying. Transfer is minimal, and wears well through the day.
The packaging is just misguided- a screw cap with attached spatula that dips into the creamy liquid. It's messy and unhygienic, and keeps this from earning a 5 star. This would dispense beautifully from a squeeze tube like Rimmels 24 hr wear foundation line.

however- it's dirt cheap. Less than $4 at Walmart.