Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer - Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer - Adjust

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have redness, acne, sensitive, oily skin with large pores. Having soybean oil in it scared me but I took the chance anyway and so far no new breakouts! It color corrects beautifully, soothes my irritated skin and minimizes my pores. Of course it works amazing under foundation and everything glides on like butter and doesn't make me grease up during the day but is also amazing to use without makeup. It makes my face look smooth, even toned and is all around really soothing on it's own. Although expensive this is a keeper for sure!

on 7/10/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I found this primers' consistency to be very fluid/ wet compared to other colour correctors primers I've tried. When applied to my face it seemed to loose its green colouring and really didn't address any redness on my face wether it be my flushed cheeks or a blemish. To be honest I think there are better green correctors out in the market... would not recommend this product.

on 6/17/2017 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This was an "impulse buy" but I'm really happy I've tried it. I have oily skin with a lot of redness and although this primer doesn't get rid of the red completely, it definitely tones it down. And it works really well as a primer in keeping my foundation looking good throughout the day. It's expensive but it seems to last a very long time and I'm definitely going to buy it again.

on 4/27/2017 6:25:00 PM

Did nothing for my redness unfortunately. I found no discernible difference in the redness of my skin with this primer vs. the original clear Smashbox primers. It's not that it's a horrible primer, but it doesn't live up to it's claims.

I also cannot stand the petroleum-y smell that Smashbox primers have, so I am moving on to a different brand.

on 10/5/2016 4:23:00 PM

BREAKOUT CITY
I really wanted to like this since it does seem to help with my redness (I have type 1 rosacea) but it made me breakout in tiny little white heads all over.

on 9/15/2016 8:08:00 AM

Was using this primer for the last 3 years. Love the coverage (does help with redness and I have quiet a lot on my cheeks), smooth finish, doesn't peel off when applying foundation after. And it last for ages I use it everyday ( even when not have make up on)and I only buy about 2-3 tubes a year. The only downside for me is the price so I switched to number 7 colour correcting one as it is way cheaper.

on 3/31/2016 7:51:00 PM

One of the best primers I've tried leaves a smooth finish, not drying and doesn't break out my ache prone skin and I will be trying more smashbox primers due to how good this formula feels.

However as a colour corrector this does very little. It corrected some very light redness around my chin and mouth but did nothing for my rudolph nose and ruby cheeks. I found the natural collection colour correction from boots did a better job of hiding my redness and that's only £1.50 (this is a much lighter green so darker skin tones should be wary)

on 12/23/2015 9:55:00 PM

I did not find this to be an effective primer when I wanted to cover up redness. This simply offers a tinge of green to the skin, but I do not find it pigmented enough to actually color correct. It also helps to keep makeup on, but I learned that while I was using this, with my oily skin, these primers did not really help me to keep my makeup on for longer periods of time. Once I switched over to more effective foundations, I did not even need a primer. For me, this is just not a necessity and I would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is damn expensive; about $50 for the 1 fl. oz. tube. As far as priming the skin goes, it does a good job. It dries fast and makes my skin feel smooth instantly and doesn't break me out (I have extremely sensitive skin, so this is a huge plus for me). However, I don't find it does anything for redness! I have hyperpigmentation (acne scarring) and it doesn't do anything to even it out. Luckily, I got this as a sample from Sephora. Will definitely not purchase because it doesn't live up to its colour correcting claims.

on 12/22/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely not my cup of tea. This is the first and only face primer I have tried and I'm not sure it's supposed to make my makeup under my eyes crease. I mean, after only 30 minutes of applying my makeup, it creases! The rest of my face is holds my makeup on pretty much all day. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Not sure, but for the price and amount they give, I will not be buying again.