Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer - Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer - Adjust

3.2

on 3/31/2016 7:51:00 PM

One of the best primers I've tried leaves a smooth finish, not drying and doesn't break out my ache prone skin and I will be trying more smashbox primers due to how good this formula feels.

However as a colour corrector this does very little. It corrected some very light redness around my chin and mouth but did nothing for my rudolph nose and ruby cheeks. I found the natural collection colour correction from boots did a better job of hiding my redness and that's only £1.50 (this is a much lighter green so darker skin tones should be wary)

on 12/23/2015 9:55:00 PM

I did not find this to be an effective primer when I wanted to cover up redness. This simply offers a tinge of green to the skin, but I do not find it pigmented enough to actually color correct. It also helps to keep makeup on, but I learned that while I was using this, with my oily skin, these primers did not really help me to keep my makeup on for longer periods of time. Once I switched over to more effective foundations, I did not even need a primer. For me, this is just not a necessity and I would not repurchase.

To Read all 43 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is damn expensive; about $50 for the 1 fl. oz. tube. As far as priming the skin goes, it does a good job. It dries fast and makes my skin feel smooth instantly and doesn't break me out (I have extremely sensitive skin, so this is a huge plus for me). However, I don't find it does anything for redness! I have hyperpigmentation (acne scarring) and it doesn't do anything to even it out. Luckily, I got this as a sample from Sephora. Will definitely not purchase because it doesn't live up to its colour correcting claims.

on 12/22/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely not my cup of tea. This is the first and only face primer I have tried and I'm not sure it's supposed to make my makeup under my eyes crease. I mean, after only 30 minutes of applying my makeup, it creases! The rest of my face is holds my makeup on pretty much all day. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Not sure, but for the price and amount they give, I will not be buying again.

I love Smashbox Primers, and I thought I would try this one because I have a lot of redness to cover.

Overall, I love the texture of it. It's very smooth and feels great on the skin. It doesn't make me break out either, which is a huge plus. It also plays nicely with any and all moisturizers. No balling up, separating, or caking.

However, I didn't really notice a difference in the amount of redness on my face. I tried applying it more liberally to see if that would help, but then it just felt too thick and my face still looked about the same. I was completely underwhelmed. I don't really see a difference between this one and their Photo Finish Light primer. I even tried applying Photo Finish Light on half my face and Color Adjust on the other underneath my makeup to see if I could tell a difference, and I absolutely couldn't. Literally the only difference is that this primer is a tad thicker than Light.

My makeup did stay on all day, though. At least Smashbox got that part right :) It's a very good primer in general, so I only took off one lippy. If you are looking for a true color adjusting primer, though, go elsewhere. It's not worth the money.

on 4/16/2015 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

this primer is the most expensive one i have ever bought. for the price, it is not worth it at all. i like the feeling of my skin after applying this silicone-based primer and my foundation goes on smoother, but it does nothing to reduce my redness and doesn't extend the wear of my foundation. my foundation lasts longer when i use a cheaper drugstore primer. i would not recommend this; save your money and pick up a cheaper silicone-based primer if that's what you're looking for.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not like this primer. At all. The color expert at Sephora told me to get a green primer to counteract the redness of my skin, so I picked this one up on a whim. $15 for a small bottle. UGH! I HATE THIS. This does nothing to "color correct". This feels oily when you put it on, and it made my already oily skin even earlier. I try using more liberal amounts to achieve color-correcting, but it still does nothing. I regret buying this.

I don't think this does anything. I mean, I don't think it functions as a primer nor as a color corrector. I love a good primer and this just doesn't do anything. Maybe, if I had to stretch, I would say it smoothes my skin a bit but I don't notice it assisting my foundation in any way. Boo.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have naturally flushed-looking cheeks that I would like to tone down so that I can apply different shades of blushes. Some days, I really want a soft pink cheek but I can't because my orange/red cheeks poke through no matter which foundation or concealer I use.
So that was my goal with this primer and if that didn't work, I would have been satisfied if it somewhat filled in some of my textured skin or dehydration lines.

It didn't achieve either of these goals for me (not even a little bit). I used an amount similar to a small pea for both of my cheeks (from orbital bone down to jaw). I expected to see green where my skin is a normal color under my cheekbones to my jaw- nope.

It does dry to a powdery soft finish. My skin is already soft so I wasn't looking for help in that department.

I paid good money for this so I will continue to play with it. If I get it to work, I will update this review. But at the moment I wish I would have never purchased it.

on 9/25/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely adore smash box so I thought I would give this green colour corrective primer a try, and sadly, I was very disappointed. First off Im very pale, and when using this primer I noticed in pictures my face had a bit of a green tinge to it (and trust me I used this product sparingly)! Personally to me I didnt notice it reduce a significant amount of redness, and I didnt want to apply more product to my face because I already had a green tinge.