Clarins Gentle Exfoliater Brightening Toner

4.1

WATER/AQUA,ALCOHOL,GLYCERIN,BUTYLENE GLYCOL,TROMETHAMINE,GLYCOLIC ACID,PPG-5-CETETH-20,TARTARIC ACID,CELLULOSE GUM,ARGININE,TAMARINDUS INDICA EXTRACT,DISODIUM EDTA,SALICYLIC ACID,LAMIUM ALBUM FLOWER EXTRACT,PARFUM/FRAGRANCE,SAMBUCAS NIGRA FLOWER EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED OPUNTIA FICUS-INDICA FLOWER EXTRACT,PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID, MIMOSA TENUIFLORA BARK EXTRACT, SODIUM BENZOATE,ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN,POTASSIUM SORBATE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, GERANIOL, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL BENZOATE,BUTYLPHENYLMETHYLPROPIONAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLO HEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, HEXYL CINNAMAL

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

It's okay - won't repurchase.
I use it at night (once a week) and, in the morning, I wake up with bright glowing skin.
If you want to try a chemical exfoliant, but you're scared that it might be to strong, you could start with this. It feel luxurious and has a good scent to it. It is pricey, but since you use it only twice a week, it will last you.
*I don't recommend using this more than twice a week because it's an exfoliant. So, it could damage your skin in the long term, if it's used to often.

I started out using this product about twice a week, but now I use it on a daily basis. I think that it works... It doesn't make a difference after just a few times but I think that my skin has been cleared up a bit, and it's not as sensitive as it use to be. But I really dot know... It is quite expensive so i have kind of high expectations as well. I'll get back to you!

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

I almost finished my second bottle of this Clarins Brightening Toner and I feel like I want to repurchase, even though I'm not even sure why I like it... I don't see much difference in the appearance of my skin and it definately does not help with preventing breakouts. I guess it has to do with the nice smell and texture of the product (...). Also, the way my skin feels after I apply this product. SO soft! First I used this product 3-4 times a week, but I started using it as my standard morning toner since 3 months or so. I'm currently experimenting with some of the BHA/AHA products of Paula's Choice and hope to see more results with those. I guess that for my acne prone skin I might need some salicilic acid and perhaps a lower PH for the product to really work and prevent clogged pores? Still, I may continue to use the Clarins toner in the mornings, alternating it with the Facial Radiance Pads that I really want to try as well.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

A lovely toner, feels gentle and doesn't dry out my skin at all.

I was recommended to use this one, as it exfoliates but also has no alcohol - so is suitable for sensitive skin

Am alternating this with PTR, which feels much stronger

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Since acid toners are in and claim to do wonders for your skin, I thought I'd give this one a go. It's a mild chemical exfoliant which can help with rejuvenating the skin and evens your skintone. I would say that it has done that to a large extent. This toner is very good; I apply it every evening (or every other evening if I'm alternating toners) after cleansing my face, and it is smooth and oddly emollient and does not leave my skin feeling tight and parched.
I have been using it for two months now, and it has brightened up my skin. I get the odd breakout now and again and I suppose it helps with fading the scars although I wouldn't say it does so dramatically. Similarly, it does not clear up clogged pores or blackheads (a salicylic acid toner would achieve that) it is merely a exfoliating toner which sweeps away dead skin cells. Some reviews claim that it is too strong to use on a regular basis but I'd say it varies with skin-type, because it's absolutely fine for me. It does keep the skin nice and smooth and refreshed, it has a mild pleasant fragrance which I like and is a very nice toner overall.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I used to stay away from AHA's because they made my skin break out. This toner was bought on a whim, and I did think "what did I just buy?!" when I came home and read the label properly. But I just went ahead and started using it. Every morning I use this a toner, let it dry and then put my serum/moisturiser on top. When I started with this my skin was in a bad way with lots of hormonal acne and milia. This has helped clear it all up. I love that it's not a really strong AHA, thus I use it every day. Packaging says to use it twice a week but if you are used to acids than every day shouldn't be a problem. Smell is gorgeous (like always with Clarins) and packaging is minimal and functional (again, as always with Clarins). Recommended!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Over the years, I've received several decent sized GWP bottles of this toner. I've only recently started using it regularly and love the results. My experience is like that of several others - this stuff is clearing out the pores on my nose and is generally a great over-all toner/exfoliating product. The instructions say to use it only once or twice a week but lately, I've been using it daily with absolutely no ill effects. In fact, it's quite the opposite - perhaps because this is a gentle product, using it daily is giving excellent results. It does caution that sun protection should be used when using this product but as I wear sunscreen every day, this isn't an issue for me. When I finish my small bottles of this, I will definitely be buying the full size which, for a prestige brand like Clarins, is still relatively reasonably priced.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love this gentle toner. I use this most often as a morning tone. Sometimes at night if my skin is feeling irritated. I have several acid toners that I like to rotate, this is one I always have on hand. Great for brightening up dull looking skin.

On my second bottle. Gentle way to exfoliate, i sometimes use it every day and at times go for days without it depending on my skin's needs. If i apply it in the day before my makeup n moisturizer, somehow my skin feels extra soft when i take off makeup at night. Only w this product do i notice this. It feels like my moisturizer sinks in better after using this. For night time i prefer a stronger exfoliator with AHAs or BHAs at higher concentrations.

Been using this for 2 months. I love it how this products brightens up my dark blemishes. it looks like they go through phases. 1. darkish blue/purple 2. soft red 3. light pink and then the discoloration is gone!
1 ippie less because it doesn't prevent me from clogged pores.