Paula's Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser

Paula's Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient thickener), Decyl Glucoside (cleansing agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate (cleansing agent/emulsifier), PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Gluceth-20 (skin-conditioning agents),Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol (thickeners), Polyacrylamide (binding agent), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (soothing agent), Sapindus Mukurossi (Soapberry) Peel Extract (foaming agent), Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate (cleansing agent), C13-14 Isoparaffin (thickener), Laureth-7 (emulsifier), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 6/2/2016 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This cleanser didn't do much for my skin. I always use the EL Double Wear foundation and even after washing my face with this cleanser twice, it still left so much make up! Before, I used the Skin Recovery cleanser which removed my make up way better. So, going back to that one. Love the packaging tho!

on 11/11/2015 2:54:00 PM

cleans make up off well and does not leave my skin oily nor dry. howewer I personally prefer the foaming version.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this cleanser - it gets rid of make-up and oil without leaving my poor face parched and crying out for moisturiser.

Lippy deducted for packaging - really not a fan of PC's dated 'Alexis Colby' school of cosmetic design. She's moved away from the centred/serif-font look of old, although this cleanser still features it (the rest of the Resist line has a left-justified design, which looks a little more modern).

But that's a small point, and doesn't deflect from the fact that this is a very good product.

on 6/18/2015 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this product didn't do anything for me. It is so drying and left my skin feeling not pleasant at all.

I used only Paula's Choice Resist line for 6 months. It just dried out my skin even more and made it look so dull. The items I used were: Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser, Resist Cellular Day Moisturizer with spf 25, Resist Non-Greasy Moisturizer, Resist Wrinkle Repair Retinol serum, Skin Perfecting 2% BHA, Resist c15 super booster, Resist Toner, Resist Foundation, Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA, Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA. With all of this, I not only saw no results, my skin looked worse. I like to enjoy my skincare. That is huge for me. These products bored me. I ended up throwing what wasn't used up in the garbage after giving it a good 6 months. In summary, they were so boring and ineffective. Fortunately, I am using new products now that have made a huge difference. I am enjoying my skincare routine again!

on 7/27/2014 10:08:00 AM

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This reminded me a lot of 'Cetaphils' cleanser. It was as if they took the traditional 'Cetaphil' cleanser and mixed it with the oily skin type cleanser. This has an elegant feeling and can remove light makeup but for heavier makeup an extra pump would be needed.

on 6/15/2014 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very very impressed with this cleanser- I struggle with cleansers. usually if it removes the oil, then I get dry, irritated skin, with seborrheic dermatitis, and if it does not dry me out, then I breakout. This cleanses nicely and does not dry or clog my skin. Can't believe I've finally found such an effective product!

on 4/5/2014 10:45:00 AM

I have been using this cleanser for a month now, and I couldn't be happier with it. I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and I wear contact lenses. I have always struggled with a burning sensation when any type of cleansing product gets near my eyes (even though I rinse so much before opening my eyes that my sink area needs to be toweled down when I'm finished), and my skin has always felt dry after cleansing with other products. The PC Resist cleanser has no drying effects and I am thrilled to say that it easily removes my eye makeup without any burning. I do not wear foundation or mascara, so I don't even really need one full pump. I highly recommend it. I tried the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser for a while, but my skin feels even more hydrated with this one.

on 3/21/2014 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

First let me say I've been a Paula fan for some years now....way back when she recommended Hydrogen peroxide as a toner, cetaphil and baking soda scrubs. Which was way better than Noxema and ten o six for my skin. A
I really hated to write a bad review for this cleanser which worked well for me when I bought my first bottle. Now its too drying and stings...I just do not get it. So I guess I should be blaming my skin and not the product?? What kind of sucks is that I have a full unused bottle of this and I can't use it.
Wish I could because when it worked for me the first bottle it was great. But my skin just doesn't like it now. Let me add also that this sort of thing has happened to me with a lot of products I use for skincare.

I am 45 and have combination skin that breaks out very easily but that gets dehydrated in the winter. I am always either too dehydrated or too oily and breaking out. It's a tough combination. I've used a number of Paula's Choice products with incredible results, and the 2% BHA is usually the staple of my skin care routine, but I over-used it in the winter and got irritated and dry.

I switched to this cleanser and all I can say is wow. What a difference after just one use. It left my skin soft, clean, healthy. Immediately less red and less dehydrated. I've used it for months now, and it has not broken me out. At night I follow it with the toner from the same line or with Thayer's Alcohol-Free Rose Witch Hazel. In the evening I remove makeup first with a cleansing oil and follow with this. Alone, this will not take off much make-up. In the morning, I use this on its own, in the shower.

on 11/30/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite of the PC's cleansers, and I use it every morning (using Neutragena Extra Gentle Cleanser at night because it is so much cheaper but also a very nice, gentle, moisturizing cleanser). My big issue is that a product must not irritate my sensitive rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis/eczema prone skin that also tends towards the dry side. This cleanser meets those criteria for me. For me, the PC's RESIST cleanser felt gentler and more moisturizing than both the PC's Moisture Boost cleanser (which also I didn't like due to ingredients that make it foam, which tend to irritate/dry my skin out) and the Skin Recovery cleanser (which I also didn't like as much as it felt like it left a film on my face).