NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

3.8

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I currently own four: Berlin, Budapest, Vancouver and Copenhagen. Out of the four, my favorites are listed in the order that I wrote them. The staying power on these is not the greatest because on me they are not long wearing and I have to re-apply often, but the colors are so beautiful and the matte wear is so comfortable that I will not even take off a star for that. Honestly, I HIGHLY prefer the demi-matte lip cream formula to the matte formula of a product such as say...Colourpop Ultra Matte or Wet n Wild's now discontinued Megalast Liquid Lip Colors. I simply cannot tolerate a lip that is so matte that it dries your lips out. My skin and lips are dry enough already, who has time for anything that makes it even worse? I already single-handedly keep Carmex in business.

Anyways, on to the reviews!

Berlin was my first one of these creams. In the tube it shows up as a straight deep brown, but on me (woman of color, dominant undertone yellow) it is a brown with a very rich auburn/deep red cast to it. I absolutely love Berlin and wear it often as an everyday color. I just ran out (didn't know it was possible to run out of a lip cream, but I did it) and obviously I'm going straight to Target to buy another tube.

I just purchased Budapest and I already love it. I tend to stay far away from medium pinks and mauves, but I made an exception for this one. It was between Rome and Budapest, and Budapest won. On me its a dark orchid pink, and it too looks wonderful as an everyday lip color. I've been wearing it to work a lot as it is very understated.

Vancouver. Ahhh, Vancouver. City of towering, snowcapped mountains, beautiful and spectacular ocean views, dramatic coastlines and towering evergreens, and a fitting name for one of the more dramatic lip creams in this collection. I wouldn't be who I am if I didn't love a dark, moody, damn near goth lip color, and Vancouver is absolutely perfect. As a true daughter of the 90's, I cannot resist a deep, dark, blackened purple lip. Vancouver is that color that you're afraid to wear out of the house. It's that color that you pick up and put down over and over again, countless times until you finally toss it in the cart and say, 'fuck it, i'll find someplace to wear it to." And then you find that place and you wear it. You wear it out once and you decide it isn't that bad. Then you wear it again. Before you know it you're wearing it out on dates and scaring small children at coffee shops. That, my friends, is Vancouver. A fitting name for a fitting color well worthy of the city it's named for. Vancouver probably should be my favorite (and truth be told it is, but I'm simply too lazy to go back and re-write my entire review). Either way, I do not wear this to work. If I did, I wouldn't have a job. Hell, maybe I should wear it to work.

Copenhagen is the last color I have, and it is my least favorite. I purchased this color because I was hoping it would be a medium dark purple, one that is suitable for work. Copenhagen, on me, is not a medium dark purple, but a very red toned berry color. This would be ok, but I'm not really a fan of a berry colored lip. I do not do middle of the road lip colors. I stay on one of two extremes-dark, and darker. The farthest I go into light lips is a dark mauve. Either way, Copenhagen doesn't get much, if any wear time from me.

As far as price goes, there's far more lip creams that you could do worse to buy for what these cost. $5.99 is not a lot, and since I love the demi-matte formula that all of the colors in this line share, I don't consider these to be splurges at all. A word to the smell-to me they smell awful....like some girly cake. I'm not really a girl for sweets, so maybe that's why the smell annoys me, but it is very artificial and sweet. If scents bother you, be cautious when you get these, because they all smell like cake. Why I have only four, God only knows. Maybe it's because all the light pinks and reds scare me away. Who knows. All i know is, if you've been sleeping on the soft mattes and you love a light matte lip, pick one or two of these up. They're wonderful and I promise you will love them.

on 10/12/2016 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Next best thing to MAC matte lipsticks in my opinion! I love the colour choices and the quality is very good for the price.
The lasting power is great, and unlike lipsticks, I find that once dry it doesn't transfer at all. I've only touched up once from day to night.
The only thing I struggle with then buying is deciding if the colour on the bottle will reflect the colour on my skin, sometimes it comes out a little different to what is pictured - but that's what testers are for!

on 2/24/2016 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

never dries just horrible

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The Harry Potter fan is right its simply the best I love slapping this on my juicy lips when going to the mall looking for some fresh clothes to go to the club! Heck I might even where this lip cream to the club cuz I always be lookin fresh af! ;).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just purchased Copenhagen and Transylvania (surprisingly) the 2 most popular colors. If anyone is looking for them, try online at Ulta. The are definitely mattes and they are beautiful. It doesn't feel like lip gloss or lipstick. It is thee most light weight lip product, you might forget you are wearing it. Also, they run out fast...

on 2/18/2014 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Not my HG mainly because it cracks my lip a little after 1.5 hours of wearing it. I love the color selection. The product itself is very smooth and dries matte. But since I have naturally dry lips, it dried my lips out even more.