NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I can't believe I have never reviewed these! Shocking, generally the only down fall with these is picking the wrong shade and there are so many now its a possibility so its best to give them a try first before buying where possible.

When these first came out I bought London and Amsterdam. London was perfect and I finished it but Amsterdam was too light a red for me it looked a bit coral. In fact it is only the reds I have had a bit of trial and error with because I found some of the darker reds a bit patchy and the lighter reds did not suit my skin tone, until I met Monte Carlo.
Fast forward a couple of years and finally the UK make-up market has come to its senses and installed NYX in Boots stores so now I have Rome which is my ultimate MLBB, Cannes a soft peachy nude that I wear with brown lip liner, Seoul which is a lovely going out pinky purple, Prague a work friendly medium pink, Berlin a beautiful warm brown, Budapest a deep rosy brown and of course the aforementioned Monte Carlo which is a classic true red.

I prefer the texture of these over most liquid lipsticks they do not dry out your lips they are easy to reapply, they are a creme that wears down evenly and you can build the colour gradually, genius really for £5. I love Monte Carlo especially because on my dark skin it is a soft red and very easy to wear. The star for me though is Rome - I carry this shade with me every day because its just that good- its like someone from NYX saw the pinky brown in my lips and said " lets make that a matte lip creme shade" - Thanks guys, I'll be buying this shade for life! Find your shades in this range and you're basically set.

on 11/9/2016 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have these in a bunch of colours. Transylvania is the best colour. Texture for some of the formulas are sheer and others are very opaque. They dry down nicely

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased a few different shades of this lip cream. It's really amazing and inexpensive. Most colors look great on dark skin.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Love, love, love this product! I'm a fan of the full coverage, the matte finish and pretty colors. My lips are naturally dry. So I found that regular matte lipsticks in twist-up bullet forms exacerbate my already dry condition.

This NYX product is still on the drying side for me if I just apply the product and do nothing else. Instead, I bring in the moisture with the EOS lip balm as the base coat. I let this dry down for a few minutes before applying a coat of the Copenhagen fuschia-type color. Then I let this dry down for 5 minutes before applying my top coat of the deep-purple Transylvania color. A deep, red apple color results from layering the two NYX shades. Very pretty, modern and vampy! And it's easy to apply the layers while stopped at red lights in the car.

Once all of the NYX products completely dry down later, I apply a little bit of clear gloss. I put it lightly on my bottom lip and press both lips together. The overall effect is pretty without drying my lips!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It was me. I like the smell, like vanilla. Other than that wasn't long lasting and the tubes seemed to dry out pretty quickly. Now I don't use any other liquid matte that isn't Jeffree Star. It is longer lasting even when I eat and drink.
These have a lot of transfer and smear. Wouldn't buy again.

on 6/17/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love the price and I live for a perfect matte lip 🙌

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was really excited to try this because I had heard so many positive things about it. After having tried it for myself I can say it's just ok. I bought this in Abu Dhabi, and I think the colour looks great on me. The formula was eh. I didn't find this drying, but you for sure NEED to exfoliate your lips before hand as it will show every flaw. I was hoping it would be super buttery and just spread over my lips, but it felt more like a creamy paste. And while it's not promoted as long lasting I was hoping it would be a bit more durable. It's funny, out of all my lip creams this is the least expensive one I own, and yet I feel like it's the one I overpaid for. If you are looking for something matte, but not too pricy I would suggest Sephora's cream lip stain. It is more expensive, but you do get more bang for your buck without breaking the bank.

on 5/24/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have these in Copenhagen (burgundy), Abu Dhabi (beige nude), & Monte Carlo (blood red). Love them all! They smell wonderful and are long lasting. You can also use this as a top coat for your creamy lipsticks to make them matte as well. They're drying but if you exfoliate and but a balm on beforehand you'll be fine. Well worth the $6.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Picked up another one of these in the new shade: Copenhagen. A deep wine color that is just gorgeous. Wears so well; doesn't smudge or budge. I love this. Super pigmented and smooth. The shade is deep but just shy of total vamp. Like the rest of the line, it smells sweet - like vanilla cake batter, applies creamy and dries to a matte. I think this one held up better than the others I have (Abu Dabi and the hot pink one), less creasing. It wears off to a nice even stain. It is fairly comfortable for a matte; feels pretty weightless on and not too drying. perfection.

on 12/28/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

These are amazing drugstore lip creams. While they are incredibly drying, that's to be expected with anything matte. However, moisturizing your lips before or applying a thin layer of balm over it solves the dryness without losing the matte finish. I only have Monte Carlo, but it is an absolutely GORGEOUS red for darker skin tones. It makes your teeth look three shades whiter and does not budge once it has set into place. I've gone through lunches AND dinners and this has still been on! But, they remove easily with makeup remover. They are incredibly creamy as well, so in order to build up the color, you have to wait for layers to dry before applying another layer, or else it kind of just smears around. However, they are really pigmented so you may find yourself only needing one layer.

Popular Lips Products