NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

3.9

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 8/21/2018 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• No transfer once they dry down
• Wide color range
• Long wearing, no smudging
• They don't get crumbly
• Very comfortable
• Pleasant scent
• Affordable

CONS:
• Sheer formula, can't get full opacity (at least with the darker shades)
• Patchy during application
• Different color than the tube

Overall, 7/10. I have the shade Berlin which is a deep reddish brown. I really enjoy this formula when I'm looking for a sheer lip product that doesn't transfer. I love how comfortable it feels on the lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a couple of shades of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cremes. I generally like these best for bolder lips because they are more comfortable than a liquid lip, but stay put better than a regular lipstick. They are a little drying on my lips and I like using a lip balm under.

Giiiiiiirl. I purchased Stockholm based on the recommendation of Roxette Arisa's YouTube channel, and I'm not mad about it at all. It's the perfect every day nude. I can even wear it on no make up days when I want my lips to look "natural but better." It has a nice whipped formula, which I like. My only downfall is it crumbles in the corners of my lips, so I definitely have to re-apply periodically. For the record though, I'm generally a gloss or lipstick kind of gal, but as for matte lips go, this is HG. I did try Transylvania in the fall for a nice vampy lip and SAVE YOUR MONEY. It's a beautiful colour but applies SO streaky. I had to get multiple coats and it still came out streaky. Never again.

I'm almost out of Stockholm but think this time I might try "London" as it seems to be a lot of people's HG nude lip.

These are some of the OG liquid lipsticks and they are still great. Some of the best in my collection. They're very mousse-y and not liquidy at all. I have the colors Havana (a dark blue/purple), Vancouver (a very dark plum), and Copenhagen (deep, vampy red). Out of these, Havana is the most difficult to build up to full opacity, and Copenhagen is the easiest to work with. Here are some of my thoughts:

+ You can't beat the price and the quality. Pick these up at Ulta during a sale.
+ Huge color range.
+ These don't dry down completely, but they have less transfer than many other liquid lipsticks I've tried, and they remain very comfortable throughout the day.
+ They all layer really nicely.
+ They smell like vanilla or cake or something. Nothing strong, but pleasant.
+ Copenhagen is GORGEOUS. One of my favorite lipsticks, both for the color and the formula.
+ I've worn these with and without a lip liner. They work fine either way, though I prefer to wear these with a clear lip liner just in case. You know how it is with dark lipsticks.

- These are not completely transfer proof, though they don't advertise themselves as such.
- Some colors are difficult to work with. Havana has a lot of potential but it will never look completely blue/purple on me. Too sheer.

I will repurchase Copenhagen, and I will be trying more colors. These are really, really great and they outperform many more expensive lipsticks, both drugstore and high end.

on 6/24/2017 3:47:00 PM

I have this product in three shades, Tokyo, Vancouver, and Transylvania. Tokyo is a very light baby pink, Vancouver is a dark purple with red undertones and Transylvania (despite it's tube colour) is a dark maroon red.

pros: Packaging is small and applicator is small enough to get some precision unlike most matte liquid lipsticks that have a long wand. It's a soft doe foot applicator and all three shades I own have pleasant vanilla-cake-scent. Hard to pinpoint the exact smell, but definitely smells like something edible and sweet. The small size makes it easier to fish out product as opposed to the long narrow tubes of most other mattes, and definitely saves room in your bag. Plus all the shades are named after places, so if you have a favourite travel destination or are from a larger city you will be able to find a shade named after that location. From a collectors stand point, the naming choice really makes me want to collect all my fave places in the world. Plus they have one of the widest selections of colours I have seen in a drugstore brand. Literally something for everyone of any skin tone.

Cons: These are marketed as matte, when really it should say semi or demi matte on the package. They never seem to dry down completely which causes some feathering, and these are definitely not transfer proof! I had the same issue with these as I did with the Revlon HD line, they wear out and become patchy after no time at all, and as a person who's job requires a lot of talking, therefore a lot of water drinking, it's not cute after 1-2 hours of wear. It will transfer onto your boyfriend, girlfriend, cups, cigarettes, kleenexs, etc. This is only really an issue with the darker shades, which is a shame due to how wide a selection these have colour wise. Also these are priced between 9$ CAD - 11$ CAD depending on where you purchase them, and there are far better liquid mattes for less. Tokyo is the only shade I have that is wearable, and unfortunately pastel pink isn't a good colour for me or my style anymore, so it rarely sees the light of day.

Verdict- Price is a bit high for quality, however colour variety saves the product. With a formula change these would be perfect, however I don't buy matte lipsticks with the intention of re-applying every other hour. Very disappointed that these were a miss for me personally.

on 5/25/2017 7:14:00 AM

I have hemmed and hawwed about trying these for a few months. So I finally picked up Abu Dhabi at my local CVS. The color is nice, I would call it a browny nude color. Regarding the product itself, eh. I have been a lipgloss person for many years, while liking lipstick preferring gloss. Now while I still like gloss I find myself migrating back towards lipstick, and have been trying out some matte ones lately. I like the look of matte and also like the feel of not having anything or barely anything on the lips. I really have no interest in trying any liquid lipsticks though, I don't like the idea of applying a product and having to wait for it to dry, I can't be bothered with it.

Well, that is kind of what this product is and I should have listened to the reviews. The texture is nice, kind of moussy but it seems like it takes forever to fully dry and when it does I feel a cakeyness. Plus, it does seem drying to me and it's not long before I just want to wipe it off. I have tried with a lipbalm and that seems better but I am not over the moon with these. I am a huge fan of NYX other lip products (butter glosses and butter lipsticks). I thought or hoped these would be a matte lipstick type of product but it is a liquid lipstick type product which is just not my thing. I will pass this on to my niece who does dig liquid lipsticks.

I will give these three stars, and attribute my opinion to the fact that I am just not a liquid lipstick person. I will stick with the butter glosses and lipsticks.

on 3/11/2017 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a few nude shades (Cairo, Stockholm, Cannes, Abu Dhabi, London and a few more), I like the lip creams. They are not the best, they feel a bit drying but not like the Lip Lingeries, they are still for the most part comfortable on the lips. After a few hours of wear the lip creams start to crumble on my lips and it's difficult to reapply the lip cream. Some shades are streaky, especially Cairo, I'm not for sure going to repurchase Cairo. I've heard that there are some inconsistency with the shades.

on 3/2/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have this in 09 "Abu Dhabi", and I love it! It's like a normal matte lipstick, only in liquid form. The issue with actual liquid lipsticks tends to be that they sink into any cracks and just feels dry and disgusting. That's not a problem with this product. It glides on, and is easy to apply without any extra fuss. It feels quite pleasant on the lips, and you can at first "massage" your lips together like you would with a lipgloss. It does dry matte, so you can't do that once it's dry(if you were to want to smooth it out), but it's very easy to touch up and looks as good as new with minimal effort.
This shade is a nude, and it wears off very naturally without being noticeably patchy. It might get patchy in other shades, but "Abu Dhabi" is very forgiving. "Abu Dhabi" looks very brown in the packaging, and I was afraid that it wouldn't suit my (very fair) skin tone, but it actually suits me very well. It's not an MLBB, but it looks very natural and put together. I reach for it all the time nowadays.

This is a very user-friendly product, and I will be buying more shades!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

These little babies are truly a drugstore gem! By far the best matte lip cream I've found, and so cheap! I usually get mine at Ulta buy 1 get 1 50 % off. They smell great, like vanilla cupcakes (very suttle, not too overpowering) and they are so easy to put on. The texture is like a mousse, and blends so well, doesn't cake up my lips, and comes off easily. Honestly, I have these in almost every color and wear them every day to work. I've gotten so many compliments, and I see why. These lip creams are simply amazing!

on 11/7/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I got this in the shade Stockholm and it's really really nice. It's much more moisturising than any other matte lip product and the colour is beautiful, although not quite the same shade as the packaging itself. It also has a very nice scent - cupcake or something. The formula is smooth and it glides on well, but the applicator is average. On the whole, I'm a fan.