NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

3.9

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love Nyx. However, the items are a hit or miss for me. and this varies by shade, not product.
I have this in a couple of shades and these wear just as I hoped. They are long lasting, soft, and matte. EXACTLY what I had hoped. Even though some shades don't last, and some do, I will continue to buy these and see what works. They are that affordable.

on 8/19/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have strange relationship with these. I LOVE some of the colors, the smell is nice, they are so comfy to wear but they just are so patchy and they don't last on my lips at all. Berlin is my fav shade but the maintenance it requires it annoying. I probably will repurchase because I have no self-control.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

One of my favourite lip products. I have two shades, Paris, and Los Angeles. Both shades on me have laste for a few hours, but they do start to wear away if I've eaten. Drinking water and things like that doesn't seem to affect the wear time. They do dry down to a matte finish after a while and it can get too dry; so I put a little bit of vaseline on my lips before application to help with that. The smell is also really good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been kinda obsessed with these for the last couple years - they are just a great wearable lipstick. I have so many shades, my favourites being Stockholm, Athens, Abu Dhabi and Cairo (all nudes). They make it look like you're not wearing lipstick but your look is somehow perfectly pulled together. They're magic, especially if you like everyday natural makeup looks. I usually wear these if I want to look natural or if I don't want too much on the lip with a smokier eye look.

The nude colours I mentioned are all fantastic for medium-fair skin tones. If you know the struggle where darker nudes (think lolita from KVD) are too dark for natural wear but nude lipsticks can often look like concealer lips on you, these are perfect. I especially love athens and stockholm, which are pinky-peach-brown nudes.

The formula is also very interesting. Not my HG formula of liquid lipstick because they aren't transfer proof and don't last as long as some other ones. Contrary to some opinions I've read before, they do actually dry down in about 5 minutes after applying, they don't stay wet all day. I also think they can be a little bit drying if you wear them 3 or more hours. But I like them because they are a mix of traditional matte lipstick and a liquid lip and the way they look on the lip is so natural and nice.

Overall, if you're beginning with liquid lipsticks and you like matte lipsticks I'd recommend giving these a go. If you're looking form something more hydrating or creamy, these won't work for you unless you wear a gloss overtop or a balm underneath.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased these in Athens (nude-peach), Cairo (nude) and Transylvania (dark purple).

This is an extremely inexpensive, lip cream that packs great color.

I enjoy the felt tip applicator, and creamy texture. Applies so smooth!

However, this doesn't dry down to a completely matte finish More of just a creamy lipstick. I prefer more of a matte lipstick for the staying power, but this is a good cheap alternative to add to your collection.

For the price, definitely pick up a shade you enjoy and try it.

I have about six of these in a wide shade range and I wanted to love them so much but the formula just does not work for me. The colors and pigmentation are great but the darker shades like Copenhagen, Berlin and Transylvania apply a bit patchy. The formula is drying on my lips and I cant bear to wear them very long. Also, a white line forms around the inside of my lips and the lipsticks just look awful after an hour or so.
PROS:
- Color range
- Price
- Cute and small packaging
- Smell good
- Lightweight on the lips
CONS:
- Drying
- Emphasize cracks on lips
- White line on inside of mouth

on 10/16/2016 11:39:00 AM

Just bought Milan and San Juan and I'm in love! I personally don't find the formula to be drying, which I do with all of my mattes from Mac (I was ready to give up but NYX has managed to convert me back to matte!). I would say that these are a fab alternative to Mac; cheaper, quality product and packaging AND its cruelty free! The only thing I would say is that you don't get a lot of product in the tube but for £5.50 a pop I wouldn't hesitate to buy again. The major problem is with Boots, the UK stockist who never seem to have their stock filled up and the testers are either missing or empty! Other than that I am a complete NYX convert and would buy everything if I could!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Ok, I was severely disappointed with these.
Pros:
- scent
- naming (makes you feel like Indiana Jones, but in makeup :))

Cons:
- extremely patchy
- very drying, with or without lipbalm and exfoliation
- lasting power is so small it is ridiculous
- does not layer well on top of itself
- takes too long to dry
- gathers and budges on the inside of the lips if applied more than a tiny amount
- fades ugly

And I guess your question: maybe it was a bad one or maybe it was a fake one? Nope, double-checked, original and fresh. I had this in Prague, Monte Carlo, and Milan, and literally all of them had these issues. Especially Monte Carlo, which had watery consistency and took about 30min to dry... Who has the time? Prague has the best formula, but then again wasn't good enough. Even lip liner does not save the day. I wouldn't recommend these at all and don't get the hype.

on 9/13/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I tried Milan and Athens. I was looking for a color that was more on the neutral side and didn't brighten up my lips too much but just added a touch of color. I got the opposite.

Milan looked like a gorgeous dusty rose in the bottle. What came out was a bright pink.

Athens looked like a very warm sand in the bottle. What came out was an orange-y peach.

I am going to see if I can return the Milan to Ulta, I'm not sure if they will take returns for opened lip products, and while it's not their fault that the lip colors are so different inside the bottle they do represent these products, so hopefully they will let me return or exchange.

I can probably adapt Athens somewhat with some of my other lip colors I already have, to make it less orange-y.

on 8/22/2016 11:36:00 PM

I have these Soft Matte Lip Creams in almost every color. Yes, I have a problem! But I adore them! The colors are fabulous, they last so long, and they don't rub off. They also smell amazing! Texture is a whipped type feeling. It's not sticky at all. Highly pigminted. Copenhagen is my daily go to, as I love a Vampy red-berry.