NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by eye Color : Black
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

First of all, I must say that I was on a whim to try this, given that they are affordable and have many colors to choose from. Especially on nude shades, which I am typically a nude-lipstick goer. The reason I have strayed from NYX soft matte for years (yes, years!) was because I heard that they are, first, sticky (which I hate) and the colors are not opaque (which is the main issue to consider if you want to go nude). The other thing I commonly heard (yet do not mind as the first two) was that they do not last long. Moreover, I have tried "Buenos Aires" owned by my cousin, and "Zurich" owned by my colleague (obviously, I just swatch them on my arm) and I can felt the stickiness there.

Recently, out of the blue, I wanted to purchase NYX. I wanted to have a good nude-beige lipstick that is affordable, and NYX soft matte in "London" is what everybody recommended. From 'every' review posts, it was such a perfect nude-beige, yet it took me months to decide to purchase it.

So on to my thoughts on this NYX soft matte in "London". I love the shade. This shade is literally the only shade of NYX that drawn my attention to ever since! It is such a nice nude-beige that did not white wash you face, really. It gave your face some tone, neutralizes your look in some way. Again, this is a nude-beige, so you must indeed wear make-up; some smoky eye look is required at least. And, I would not recommend this shade to those with medium skin tone and darker. I am Thai with fair-medium skin tone. So highly recommend to those that have the skin tone similar to me or 'lighter'.

Moreover, I did not know if they have changed their formula, or the formula varies for some specific colors because I did not find "London" sticky at all. The intensity is OK (well, this is a nude after all. The color itself barely shows up, lol). So overall, NYX soft matte totally worth the hype and worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hello Ladies!

I have been a fan of matte lipsticks for years. Recently I moved to Canada, and I didn't want to dry out my lips with matte shades. I wanted to try out NYX's soft matte lip cream, to see if it works as the name says. I have a tan skin tone with a warm undertone. I purchased three colors- Vancouver, Cannes, and Copenhagen. They really complemented my skin color. I loved the packaging of the product as it's small and compact which makes it easy to carry. It doesn't really dry out my lips, and it doesn't stay much longer, maybe for 2-3 hours. I feel its fairly priced for its quantity. I would definitely repurchase the soft matte lip cream!

on 7/10/2017 8:07:00 AM

I really enjoy using these. The colour range is good. The lipstick is matte and not drying. I have dry lips but this does not exaggerate my lip lines. The only downside is that it doesn't stay long on my lips. Using a lip liner helps with the longevity. I guess I can reapply. Another point is that reapplying it doesn't make it cakey. ­čśŐ

on 4/25/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have these in Milan, Stockholm, London and instanbul. I love love love these!!!!! They look lovely and soft on the lips and patted into your lips with a little lip liner gives you that perfectly soft blotted lip look. Also I find them incredibly versatile and have been using them on my cheeks as a cream blusher. Because the texture is soft and moussey they look great on the cheeks and blend in really easy and seamlessly. They don't last that long but that's okay because they aren't meant to be liquid lipsticks. I really love the look, feel and texture to these products for an everyday wearable lip that is easy to achieve unlike a traditional lipstick or matte liquid lipstick. Worth a try and for the price you really have nothing to lose!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This lip cream is SO GOOD. I use it everyday, since it's really cheap and easy to put on. Honestly, this is much better than the liquid suede one or the lingerie liquid lipticks. The color selection is so wide, my all time favorites are London, Stockholm and Athens and they are the most flattering nude colors on me. It takes quite some time to dry, but once it does, it doesn't feel drying AT ALL. It's a very soft matte. The only problem I've had with this is that it's not long-wearing, so everytime I eat, I have to re-apply it again, but that's fine with me. Pigmentation is 10/10
Packaging is 10/10
Odor smells like my grandma's perfume (not in a bad way)
Longevity 6/10

on 4/13/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got the shade Stockholm. It's a really nice nude colour on my lips, lasts a decent amount of time. I do have to reapply after eating but that doesn't really bother me since it's so nude anyway. However, it does dry my lips a bit but it isn't too uncomfortable. I would like to try other nude-y colours in the future!

on 2/16/2017 1:17:00 AM

Mousse texture. Not my fav

on 11/9/2016 6:48:00 AM

I have twenty something of this,so let's talk about them.
Half of my lip product are from NYX,the other half from MAC.

How I apply:
Thin first coat with lip balm underneath,blot with tissue paper,thick smooth second coat ,wait for it to dry for about 5+ minutes.

Favorite  colors:
Rome : deep but not dark red tone nude aka color of my dream.
Monte carlo : this and MAC Russian Red are two of red color I would wear
Cannes : my everyday nude lip choice

Pros:
They don't have that drag or crack feeling on the lip.
They are not dry or tacky what so ever.
Smooth creamy texture.
Almost transfer proof after dried.
With out a lot of oil,you don't really have to do any re touch after food.
Fade evenly through out the day.
Sleek package.
Affordable.

Cons:
Strong artificial smell.
Some of the pale and dark colors are patchy.
Take a long time to dry.
Some of the colors are always out of stock.

on 10/23/2016 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got these in San Paolo and Milan and was totally hooked. Jumped onto the NYX lip cream bandwagon immediately. What's there not to love? The colours are vivid and it's dirt cheap. But what really sold me was the formula - it glides on like silk and while I love bright colours (they brighten my NC25 complexion), I was always hesitant to wear them because they tend to transfer onto my teeth. Not with these lip creams - no worry about transfers and I don't even feel I'm wearing anything, that's how comfortable they are. Most brilliant lip invention this millennium!

I tried two colors Stockholm and the red one. Easy to apply, color last long even after you eat. It gives a soft touch to my lips. I love them but wont repurchase as I dont look good with matt lips.