NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It is not as long-lasting as other formulas, however, it applies on so smoothly and does not crease or dry lips. Colors are divine, vibrant. Totally worth it for the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best matte lip products I've tried. Very comfortable on the lips. Doesn't give you that wrinkly "butt hole" lip look if you know what I mean, lol. Sorry for that visual. The product melts into lips and sets into a beautiful wash of colour. I have Stockholm.

on 4/14/2018 7:30:00 AM

I have the shade “ London” which is the perfect brown nude and there’s a matching lip liner too! Favourite liquid lipsticks as the formula is creamy , dries quickly and pigmented. Only let down is they aren’t long lasting

I really enjoyed this lipstick. This is my first liquid lipsticks. I loved it. I guess I also need to be clear that I don't care about staying power. Not super dry but does dry up on your lips. Generally. i think this is a great product.

on 3/18/2018 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in stockholm and the colour is just so beautiful.

It applies well and smells okay. The finish is really nice.

It does take some time to dry down and it transfers when I eat, so the staying power isn't very strong.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have these in the shades Athens, Cairo, Cannes (my personal favourite) and Stockholm. Nice and lightweight, they don't move around and you can eat and drink without worrying about them. They also look lovely layered on top of each other for an ombre lip look. So affordable, I would definitely repurchase.

Purchased in the shade Monte Carlo.
I think the formula is amazing - especially for $6.50. Its soft and creamy, easy to apply and comfortable on the lips. It takes a few minutes to dry down, and once it dries, it's not completely transfer proof, but it's not drying at all. It's good for routine wear.
It's not long lasting - nor does it claim to be. It starts to fade when eating and drinking, but not completely or in an awkward way, like most liquid lipsticks. Without eating or drinking, I couldn't tell how much it lasts on me. But I've just eaten a corn, fiercely, and the lipstick is still on my lips. Not like when I first applied it, obviously, but it still looks good.
If you're hesitant to buy one of these, I would say go for it! For $6.50, you can't go wrong with these.

on 11/12/2017 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really want to like this product I really do but I on my lips there is zero staying power, which is so unfortunate because I literally like everything else about this product!

This lip cream applies SO easily, I am a novice when it comes to makeup but I have no issue lining my lips perfectly with this. The SA also told me to apply one layer first, let it dry then apply a second which I do. The colours look fantastic and it doesn't leave my lips dry at all.

But they do not stay on my lips!!! They start cracking and I can see patches after an hour, even if I've only been drinking water the colour fades. Unfortunately I will not repurchase :(

PS I have the colours San Paolo and Manila and I found the wear on them both the same.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I would give this 4.5/5 lippies if I could, this formula is the closest to perfect liquid lipstick I've ever tried!

I have 3 shades of Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams: Budapest, Copenhagen, and Moscow.
I'll include a general review common to the 3 shades I own, followed by particularities I experienced with different shades, as well as brief comparisons to other liquid lipsticks I own.

GENERAL REVIEW
Overall, the three of them wear very similarly. There is some noticeable fading at the inner rim after 3-4 hours if I wear them alone; however, I sometimes use a lip liner all over my lips as a base with a lot of my lipsticks b/c I try to maximize wear time (for reference, I wore with essence "satin mauve" lip liner). In conjunction with the lip liner, the wear time increases to about 7 hours on me, with almost no fading.
All shades lasted through normal eating and drinking. I noticed some transfer on my coffee cup, but little difference on my actual lips. However, I am often teased by friends/family for being a particularly dainty eater, since I tend to take small bites, so idk if that is a contributing factor.
The SMLC are very comfortable to wear. They did not dry out my lips at all (with or without lip liner). It feels like they're part of my lips and not just a weird membrane sitting on top. I felt slight dryness around the inner rim of my lips after about 6 hours of wear though. I did not notice any particular scent.

INDIVIDUAL SHADE REVIEWS
- "Budapest": pink/mauve on me. I have worn this one the most, both with and without lip liner. It performed pretty well without lip liner. I didn't notice significant fading. I wore it over lip liner one night and it lasted through eating and drinking, talking, and about 7.5 hours and I didn't need to touch up all night. A single coat gives me full coverage.
- "Copenhagen": This is a dark red with a purplish undertone on me. It is slightly patchier than the other two SMLC I have, so I apply two coats. I tried it once with lip liner and once without lip liner. Both times, unlike the other two, it had some more noticeable fading after eating. It was fine with drinking coffee though.
- "Moscow": Deep navy blue. I only wore this twice, both times with lip liner. It is a very bold colour and I needed an occasion to wear it. It lasted 6-7 hours before I touched up, and it did not bunch up at all when I applied the touch-up coat. Surprisingly, it didn't apply patchily at all, considering blue can be a tricky lipstick colour. I could get away with just one coat, but I prefer two to even out the colour, not taking any chances with something as bold as blue. Stains a bit more than the other two after removal, but a little scrub with warm water fixes that.

COMPARISONS
I like the SMLC a lot more than the Nyx Lip Lingerie. Both dry matte, but the LL has a dryer and more hard-core matte finish than the SMLC. Not that SMLC isn't matte, it truly is matte, it's just not a "flat" matte, if that makes sense? Anyways, SMLC overall lasted pretty well with food and drink, whereas LL had very noticeable fading for me after eating.
I think the finish of the SMLC is more comparable to the Too Faced Melted liquid lipsticks or the Maybelline Color Jolts.

on 9/9/2017 11:29:00 AM

I like this for everyday wear since it is smooth and silky on my lips. Only problem is it doesn't last very long unless I put a ton of lip liner. I have three and plan on purchasing again. Very good for the price.

Popular Lips Products