NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 3/12/2019 4:50:00 PM

I have several of these, they are def among my fave liquid lipsticks. They are pigmented, dry down quickly and last so long, even if I eat and drink!
A lot of liquid lipsticks I’ve tried have kind of a bendy applicator which makes the product harder to apply, but this one doesn’t have that and the shape of the applicator also works really well for me.
My only complaint would be that the lips sometimes feel really dry when I wear this but they never look flaky (unless they were flaky to begin with, don’t try that) but since it’s matte that’s kind of a given, you obviously can’t expect the lips to feel super soft and moisturized after a couple hours.

on 1/29/2019 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I saw this recommended too many times and had to try it. I am super pale and have very full lips so anything hinky will show up and will dominate my look. For that reason I tend to be really snobbish about my lipsticks.

Nyx matte lip cream in Cannes is a perfect pinky brown every day look for a paleface like me. Easy application, creamy feel, nice dry down to matte and it stays put. They have lots of lovely shades but Cannes is an easy go-to for every day. One thing I really love about these matte cream lipsticks is I can skip the lip liner with them. If you have a steady hand you can put them on perfectly and they don't budge. They hold up well, but if you do need to refresh a quick second application will blend right in with whatever was still there without any funky lines. That's super nice.

That being said, avoid any of the darker shades. They are streaky disasters. I love a dramatic dark lip, but nothing is uglier than an uneven vampy lip color. I don't like deep burgundy purple shades much anyway (rock on, vampire girls, but I can't do it), but if you do go there, I recommend you spend the money on something quality unless you really want to achieve a splotchy mortuary effect.

There are plenty of YouTube videos with swatches of these colors, so check those out and you can find someone with your skin tone to compare.

Did I mention they are CHEAP as CHIPS??? Six dollars. What??? Six. Dollars. Steal.

on 9/18/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

- I'm reviewing the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shades "Zurich", "Stockholm" and "Antwerp".
- I'm NC15 with light brown/dark golden blonde ombre hair and light blue eyes.

- I think warmer tones in makeup are more flattering on me than cooler tones, even though I have "cool" undertones in my skin.

Scent: Like buttercream frosting (with a hint of lipstick-y smell).

Texture: It has a kind of mousse/cream like texture, with a very slight sheen that dries down slightly and is very lightweight. It's very, very smooth and soft going on. You can barely tell you are wearing anything on your lips. It is slightly drying, since it is matte, so wear a light layer of lip balm underneath.

Color: "Antwerp" is a medium muted coral on me. It's very wearable and I wear it to work with warmer shades of eye shadow and blush. It would be beautiful with some bronzer, but you could wear it year round. It's medium coverage. "Zurich" is a light to medium warm pink nude that is very flattering. It's medium coverage. (I'm wearing it in the picture I posted, not sure why it's sideways. Sorry) "Stockholm" is similar to "Zurich" but has more peach in it, so a medium peachy nude. It's medium coverage.
How long it lasted: It lasts about the same as any other bullet matte lipstick/non-long wear liquid lipstick. It is matte so it does wear longer than a satin/cream lipstick. It's not kiss-proof, but it's not sticky/gloopy either.

I really love these lip creams! They are perfect for adding a pop of color even if you don't normally wear lipstick, since they are so lightweight.

on 8/24/2018 2:21:00 AM

I had a matte lipstick like this from younique. I was surprised as I really liked it. Alas it was £21 for just over 3g. I found one in this brand the same colour for £6.99 for 6g. A no brained. The younique was a bit creamier but I am not paying £21 for it. I’ll definitely stick with this one.

I received this as a full sized product in the shade Abu Dhabi in a recent Ipsy bag. I dislike the texture of the product and it feels a bit weird on my lips. Also the shade was ugly (looked like smeary dried mud is the only way I know to describe it). This dried my lips out and just looked horrible! Maybe the other shades are better? I don’t want to try any more of these to find out...Will just stick to my Dollar General $1 lip gloss. It’s awesome AND cheap! In a more positive note, the packaging was ok and this was pleasantly scented and didn’t taste funky like some lip products do.

There just doesnt really to be a shade in this lineup that i like anymore, sometimes i'll wear Stockholm its a sweet color, but not really that often. I love the formula and smell of these though. The staying power is great but it isnt a pain to take off like the Lip Lingeries are. Smells really nice too. Great price also.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The first couple of Soft Matte Lip Creams that I tried when they were relatively new weren't really something that I cared for, but now I have tried them again and fell in love. I think I was choosing the wrong shades before. I have several of the softer neutrals and nudes now, and I see why there has been so much hype surrounding this line. My favorites so far are Cannes, San Diego, San Francisco, Beijing, and San Paolo (which is not neutral, but I love it anyway.) They feel amazing on the lips, they aren't overly drying (though I find that I can't wear them several days in a row), and they last pretty well. I am suspicious that maybe NYX have tweaked the formula a tiny bit, but maybe I just wasn't ready for the amazingness that is Soft Matte Lip Cream before.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade Istanbul and its legitimately the prettiest, most natural looking pink on me. I could wear this every single day it is so flattering. Texture wise I'd say it's closer to a whip like their lid/lip lingeries but it isn't drying and won't create that butthole look, and I find the pigment can be a little more intense for me so I only dab a little bit in the middle of my lips and use a Qtip to spread it out

on 8/22/2017 11:55:00 AM

I think that they are overrated, I don't get the hype. These lip creams are patchy, hard to work with, "bleed" into soft lip wrinkles, they're not long lasting, applicator is to stiff and the only good thing about them is the smell. They smell exactly like whipped cream. First I got Copenhagen and it was so bad but I thought "ok its dark color they are notorious for being patchy ok lets try with another" and than I bought Rome and Amsterdam and nothings changed. Don't waste your money.

on 5/14/2017 12:40:00 AM

I have the shade Budapest and it was my first NYX product. I like it, but personally prefer the Liquid Suede or lingerie over this.