NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

4.1

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love Nyx. However, the items are a hit or miss for me. and this varies by shade, not product.
I have this in a couple of shades and these wear just as I hoped. They are long lasting, soft, and matte. EXACTLY what I had hoped. Even though some shades don't last, and some do, I will continue to buy these and see what works. They are that affordable.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It is not as long-lasting as other formulas, however, it applies on so smoothly and does not crease or dry lips. Colors are divine, vibrant. Totally worth it for the price.

I really enjoyed this lipstick. This is my first liquid lipsticks. I loved it. I guess I also need to be clear that I don't care about staying power. Not super dry but does dry up on your lips. Generally. i think this is a great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I would give this 4.5/5 lippies if I could, this formula is the closest to perfect liquid lipstick I've ever tried!

I have 3 shades of Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams: Budapest, Copenhagen, and Moscow.
I'll include a general review common to the 3 shades I own, followed by particularities I experienced with different shades, as well as brief comparisons to other liquid lipsticks I own.

GENERAL REVIEW
Overall, the three of them wear very similarly. There is some noticeable fading at the inner rim after 3-4 hours if I wear them alone; however, I sometimes use a lip liner all over my lips as a base with a lot of my lipsticks b/c I try to maximize wear time (for reference, I wore with essence "satin mauve" lip liner). In conjunction with the lip liner, the wear time increases to about 7 hours on me, with almost no fading.
All shades lasted through normal eating and drinking. I noticed some transfer on my coffee cup, but little difference on my actual lips. However, I am often teased by friends/family for being a particularly dainty eater, since I tend to take small bites, so idk if that is a contributing factor.
The SMLC are very comfortable to wear. They did not dry out my lips at all (with or without lip liner). It feels like they're part of my lips and not just a weird membrane sitting on top. I felt slight dryness around the inner rim of my lips after about 6 hours of wear though. I did not notice any particular scent.

INDIVIDUAL SHADE REVIEWS
- "Budapest": pink/mauve on me. I have worn this one the most, both with and without lip liner. It performed pretty well without lip liner. I didn't notice significant fading. I wore it over lip liner one night and it lasted through eating and drinking, talking, and about 7.5 hours and I didn't need to touch up all night. A single coat gives me full coverage.
- "Copenhagen": This is a dark red with a purplish undertone on me. It is slightly patchier than the other two SMLC I have, so I apply two coats. I tried it once with lip liner and once without lip liner. Both times, unlike the other two, it had some more noticeable fading after eating. It was fine with drinking coffee though.
- "Moscow": Deep navy blue. I only wore this twice, both times with lip liner. It is a very bold colour and I needed an occasion to wear it. It lasted 6-7 hours before I touched up, and it did not bunch up at all when I applied the touch-up coat. Surprisingly, it didn't apply patchily at all, considering blue can be a tricky lipstick colour. I could get away with just one coat, but I prefer two to even out the colour, not taking any chances with something as bold as blue. Stains a bit more than the other two after removal, but a little scrub with warm water fixes that.

COMPARISONS
I like the SMLC a lot more than the Nyx Lip Lingerie. Both dry matte, but the LL has a dryer and more hard-core matte finish than the SMLC. Not that SMLC isn't matte, it truly is matte, it's just not a "flat" matte, if that makes sense? Anyways, SMLC overall lasted pretty well with food and drink, whereas LL had very noticeable fading for me after eating.
I think the finish of the SMLC is more comparable to the Too Faced Melted liquid lipsticks or the Maybelline Color Jolts.

on 9/9/2017 11:29:00 AM

I like this for everyday wear since it is smooth and silky on my lips. Only problem is it doesn't last very long unless I put a ton of lip liner. I have three and plan on purchasing again. Very good for the price.

on 7/10/2017 8:07:00 AM

I really enjoy using these. The colour range is good. The lipstick is matte and not drying. I have dry lips but this does not exaggerate my lip lines. The only downside is that it doesn't stay long on my lips. Using a lip liner helps with the longevity. I guess I can reapply. Another point is that reapplying it doesn't make it cakey. 😊

on 6/27/2017 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like these to an extent, they're comfortable to wear. The shades Monte Carlo and Budapest go well with my olive skin. However, they're not transfer proof or long lasting AT ALL and you have to keep on reapplying which is annoying. Would not repurchase

on 4/25/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have these in Milan, Stockholm, London and instanbul. I love love love these!!!!! They look lovely and soft on the lips and patted into your lips with a little lip liner gives you that perfectly soft blotted lip look. Also I find them incredibly versatile and have been using them on my cheeks as a cream blusher. Because the texture is soft and moussey they look great on the cheeks and blend in really easy and seamlessly. They don't last that long but that's okay because they aren't meant to be liquid lipsticks. I really love the look, feel and texture to these products for an everyday wearable lip that is easy to achieve unlike a traditional lipstick or matte liquid lipstick. Worth a try and for the price you really have nothing to lose!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

There's a reason Kylie jenner has recently launched a new semi-matte lip line. 😏 These has got to be one of the most comfortable liquid matte gloss I've tried. It feels so creamy and smooth on lips. It boots out the cons of a typical matte lipstick drying and flaking out. Id say pigment is there but lasting power for me is 3-5 hours before reapplying. Which is fine, i don't ever feel the need to apply lip balm or base beforehand, I'll just exfoliate. It honestly feels as if the formula nourishes my lips as i wear it. Not bad.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I possess several shades of these lipcreams and I love them. A great product for a very affordable price. I love the nude shades (Abu Dhabi, London, Athens, Cannes) and the darker shades Berlin and Copenhagen. They go on very creamy and light and don't dry out my lips. My only qualm is with one shade Transylvania which is the darkest shade (a super dark plum) which can go on a bit patchy but if you build it up carefully it looks great. These lipcreams are must-haves, mainly because they are so comfortable on the lips and they smell divine too.