NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

3.7

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I can't believe I have never reviewed these! Shocking, generally the only down fall with these is picking the wrong shade and there are so many now its a possibility so its best to give them a try first before buying where possible.

When these first came out I bought London and Amsterdam. London was perfect and I finished it but Amsterdam was too light a red for me it looked a bit coral. In fact it is only the reds I have had a bit of trial and error with because I found some of the darker reds a bit patchy and the lighter reds did not suit my skin tone, until I met Monte Carlo.
Fast forward a couple of years and finally the UK make-up market has come to its senses and installed NYX in Boots stores so now I have Rome which is my ultimate MLBB, Cannes a soft peachy nude that I wear with brown lip liner, Seoul which is a lovely going out pinky purple, Prague a work friendly medium pink, Berlin a beautiful warm brown, Budapest a deep rosy brown and of course the aforementioned Monte Carlo which is a classic true red.

I prefer the texture of these over most liquid lipsticks they do not dry out your lips they are easy to reapply, they are a creme that wears down evenly and you can build the colour gradually, genius really for £5. I love Monte Carlo especially because on my dark skin it is a soft red and very easy to wear. The star for me though is Rome - I carry this shade with me every day because its just that good- its like someone from NYX saw the pinky brown in my lips and said " lets make that a matte lip creme shade" - Thanks guys, I'll be buying this shade for life! Find your shades in this range and you're basically set.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Ok, I was severely disappointed with these.
Pros:
- scent
- naming (makes you feel like Indiana Jones, but in makeup :))

Cons:
- extremely patchy
- very drying, with or without lipbalm and exfoliation
- lasting power is so small it is ridiculous
- does not layer well on top of itself
- takes too long to dry
- gathers and budges on the inside of the lips if applied more than a tiny amount
- fades ugly

And I guess your question: maybe it was a bad one or maybe it was a fake one? Nope, double-checked, original and fresh. I had this in Prague, Monte Carlo, and Milan, and literally all of them had these issues. Especially Monte Carlo, which had watery consistency and took about 30min to dry... Who has the time? Prague has the best formula, but then again wasn't good enough. Even lip liner does not save the day. I wouldn't recommend these at all and don't get the hype.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was really excited to try this because I had heard so many positive things about it. After having tried it for myself I can say it's just ok. I bought this in Abu Dhabi, and I think the colour looks great on me. The formula was eh. I didn't find this drying, but you for sure NEED to exfoliate your lips before hand as it will show every flaw. I was hoping it would be super buttery and just spread over my lips, but it felt more like a creamy paste. And while it's not promoted as long lasting I was hoping it would be a bit more durable. It's funny, out of all my lip creams this is the least expensive one I own, and yet I feel like it's the one I overpaid for. If you are looking for something matte, but not too pricy I would suggest Sephora's cream lip stain. It is more expensive, but you do get more bang for your buck without breaking the bank.

on 7/6/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I tried this product in the color Monte Carlo and I thought the color payoff was pretty good for a drugstore brand. The only thing I don't like about it is that it smells heavily of cake mix from a box. Luckily, it doesn't taste like it or awful at all. It also seems to last longer than most drugstore lipsticks. All in all, I am in love with the product and love the color range they have. Definitely choose this over their butter lipstick.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Picked up another one of these in the new shade: Copenhagen. A deep wine color that is just gorgeous. Wears so well; doesn't smudge or budge. I love this. Super pigmented and smooth. The shade is deep but just shy of total vamp. Like the rest of the line, it smells sweet - like vanilla cake batter, applies creamy and dries to a matte. I think this one held up better than the others I have (Abu Dabi and the hot pink one), less creasing. It wears off to a nice even stain. It is fairly comfortable for a matte; feels pretty weightless on and not too drying. perfection.

on 5/13/2012 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Bought this in monte carlo and love this matte red. Just drying, like most mattes are but applying a balm would resolve this.

on 10/22/2011 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

I got the shade Stockholm and I absolutely love the color. However I hate the consistency and drying effect of this product. Before using it I exfoliated my lips with my fresh sugar lip scrub AND my lush sweet lips scrub. Then I applied rosebud salve and jack black lip balm. Lined my lips and applied the soft matte lip cream. An hour later my lips looked chapped and dry. It somehow dries out the lips and accentuates cracks. I put loads of balm on top and the problem went away. If you want to use it make sure you put tons of lip balm underneath and over it.

Popular Lips Products