NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by hair type : Curly
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

4.1

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

It's OK. It does dry out my lips a bit, but it stays on and I really like the color. Lasted a long time and it's transfer resistant.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love these! They are a long lasting lipstick that is almost like a stain, but a bit creamier.

They can be a bit patchy if you don't exfoliate your lips first, but I do with some homemade sugar scrub and they go on like butter. They are also a bit drying at the 10 hour mark, but I kind of expected this since they are a drugstore brand. I keep some rose oil handy in my purse and slather on top and it gives me a nice sheen that mixes with whatever color I have on underneath.

I have Stockholm, Zurich, and Cannes. For reference I'm about an NC20 and pretty yellow, and I also have a lot of pigment in my lips that leans blue. So it's a challenge for me to find "natural" and nude lipsticks that don't make me look like a corpse.

Stockholm is a a very warm light peachy brown that is a bit too orange for my skin tone. Someone about NC35 and darker would find this to be a lovely warm nude, however.

Zurich is what I wanted to find in Stockholm. It is a light peachy pink with just enough brown that mixes very well with my skintone and natural lip color. The lipstick is definitely full coverage but as it starts to wear down a bit and my natural lips peek through, it's a complement rather than a contrast, especially when I mix it with my rose oil.

Cannes is a darker, slightly cooler, pinkier version of Zurich that I'm fairly convinced would look good on anyone. It is such a beautiful color and I didn't have any texture or fading issues with this, which is important since it's a darker shade (and dark lipsticks can tend to bleed matter what brand you buy).

Overall I highly recommend these especially if you're trying out the matte lipstick trend and don't feel like dropping 30 bucks on one tube of lipstick. These are cruelty free, have a huge range of colors, and are very affordable. Just be sure to exfoliate your lips first and you'll be good!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I currently own four: Berlin, Budapest, Vancouver and Copenhagen. Out of the four, my favorites are listed in the order that I wrote them. The staying power on these is not the greatest because on me they are not long wearing and I have to re-apply often, but the colors are so beautiful and the matte wear is so comfortable that I will not even take off a star for that. Honestly, I HIGHLY prefer the demi-matte lip cream formula to the matte formula of a product such as say...Colourpop Ultra Matte or Wet n Wild's now discontinued Megalast Liquid Lip Colors. I simply cannot tolerate a lip that is so matte that it dries your lips out. My skin and lips are dry enough already, who has time for anything that makes it even worse? I already single-handedly keep Carmex in business.

Anyways, on to the reviews!

Berlin was my first one of these creams. In the tube it shows up as a straight deep brown, but on me (woman of color, dominant undertone yellow) it is a brown with a very rich auburn/deep red cast to it. I absolutely love Berlin and wear it often as an everyday color. I just ran out (didn't know it was possible to run out of a lip cream, but I did it) and obviously I'm going straight to Target to buy another tube.

I just purchased Budapest and I already love it. I tend to stay far away from medium pinks and mauves, but I made an exception for this one. It was between Rome and Budapest, and Budapest won. On me its a dark orchid pink, and it too looks wonderful as an everyday lip color. I've been wearing it to work a lot as it is very understated.

Vancouver. Ahhh, Vancouver. City of towering, snowcapped mountains, beautiful and spectacular ocean views, dramatic coastlines and towering evergreens, and a fitting name for one of the more dramatic lip creams in this collection. I wouldn't be who I am if I didn't love a dark, moody, damn near goth lip color, and Vancouver is absolutely perfect. As a true daughter of the 90's, I cannot resist a deep, dark, blackened purple lip. Vancouver is that color that you're afraid to wear out of the house. It's that color that you pick up and put down over and over again, countless times until you finally toss it in the cart and say, 'fuck it, i'll find someplace to wear it to." And then you find that place and you wear it. You wear it out once and you decide it isn't that bad. Then you wear it again. Before you know it you're wearing it out on dates and scaring small children at coffee shops. That, my friends, is Vancouver. A fitting name for a fitting color well worthy of the city it's named for. Vancouver probably should be my favorite (and truth be told it is, but I'm simply too lazy to go back and re-write my entire review). Either way, I do not wear this to work. If I did, I wouldn't have a job. Hell, maybe I should wear it to work.

Copenhagen is the last color I have, and it is my least favorite. I purchased this color because I was hoping it would be a medium dark purple, one that is suitable for work. Copenhagen, on me, is not a medium dark purple, but a very red toned berry color. This would be ok, but I'm not really a fan of a berry colored lip. I do not do middle of the road lip colors. I stay on one of two extremes-dark, and darker. The farthest I go into light lips is a dark mauve. Either way, Copenhagen doesn't get much, if any wear time from me.

As far as price goes, there's far more lip creams that you could do worse to buy for what these cost. $5.99 is not a lot, and since I love the demi-matte formula that all of the colors in this line share, I don't consider these to be splurges at all. A word to the smell-to me they smell awful....like some girly cake. I'm not really a girl for sweets, so maybe that's why the smell annoys me, but it is very artificial and sweet. If scents bother you, be cautious when you get these, because they all smell like cake. Why I have only four, God only knows. Maybe it's because all the light pinks and reds scare me away. Who knows. All i know is, if you've been sleeping on the soft mattes and you love a light matte lip, pick one or two of these up. They're wonderful and I promise you will love them.

on 6/7/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love these so much. The color I've been wearing lately is a little off for me so I put a sparkle gloss over it and it makes it perfect. These are very comfortable and have some staying power. Definitely recommend everyone atleast try out one. ♥

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are excellent! I'm not hugely into mattes, mainly because they tend to look cakey and dry and grotesque and separated on the lips 10 minutes after applying... most of us have seen those icky unflattering pictures of the the tall Kardashian sister and Kylie sporting matte lip looks and it's pretty gnarly when mattes go bad. These DON'T do that! They are very creamy in texture, and they seem to last and keep their integrity much longer than other mattes. They're also really inexpensive and have a huge variety of colors. The colors are so good honestly sometimes I add glosses because I want a shiny look but I just love these and don't necessarily reach for my glossy formulas. My favorites are is Istanbul, Amsterdam and Addis Ababa. I also love Transylvania and Copenhagen but haven't yet got the balls to wear them out.

on 10/18/2016 9:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These were the first "liquid lipstick" I've tried and, at first, I loved them, but since purchasing other liquid lipsticks, I've started to see their flaws and there are sooo many of them! I have shades Cannes, Tokyo, Istanbul and Copenhagen. Most of these are really patchy and they don't go evenly on your lips. They transfer really badly and even go above your lipliner, so your left looking horrible. The have a scent and I don't like that. All in all, I wouldn't call these liquid lipstick because they aren't longwearing and the formula is moussy. Good thing about them is that there are millions of shades and they aren't drying. I completly stopped using them and replaced them with Colourpop Ultra Satin lipsticks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not really into these, I have Stockholm and Antwerp. Both shades are a lot different on my lips than they look in the packaging. Like completely different. Like other reviewers said they are not transfer proof and don't last a very long time. Good price and I like the scent. I would not repurchase just due to the shade differential.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Really comfortable on the lips for those who dislike ultra drying matte lipsticks. Great colour payoff and not streaky. Pretty long-wearing and some great colours to choose from. A favourite of mine is Abu Dhabi (a perfect brown nude) and Monte Carlo (a blue based red).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've seen these a lot on the Internet but they've only just stared stocking them in Boots in the UK. I've bought Cannes and a pink one I think is called cookies and cream.

The first thing I would say is that the packaging is coloured to look like the product but in my opinion is not really very similar. The cookies one is a lot brighter than I expected and Cannes is too. The swatch photos in store look nothing like them either although this might just be down the person wearing them.

The doe foot applicator is fine, they're very cheap and the same as the Essence ones which are cheaper. Essence don't have such an extensive range though.

I really like the formula. Other matter lip creams dry my lips out terribly and can't be reapplied without looking really crumbly and horrible - these are different. They look matte but they always feel a little bit slick still - more like a traditional lipstick to be honest. They are comfortable to wear on my very dry lips and don't accentuate any dryness.

Overall, I would rebuy Cannes as the colour is lovely and would like to try some others. I think the Lip Lingerie is the same formula so I'd like to try one of those next.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really liked this product once it dries up. The only thing that i didn't like was that it comes of easily. But for the price it's not too bad.

Here's a video of a few of the colors that I purchased: