NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

4.1

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 9/18/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

- I'm reviewing the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shades "Zurich", "Stockholm" and "Antwerp".
- I'm NC15 with light brown/dark golden blonde ombre hair and light blue eyes.

- I think warmer tones in makeup are more flattering on me than cooler tones, even though I have "cool" undertones in my skin.

Scent: Like buttercream frosting (with a hint of lipstick-y smell).

Texture: It has a kind of mousse/cream like texture, with a very slight sheen that dries down slightly and is very lightweight. It's very, very smooth and soft going on. You can barely tell you are wearing anything on your lips. It is slightly drying, since it is matte, so wear a light layer of lip balm underneath.

Color: "Antwerp" is a medium muted coral on me. It's very wearable and I wear it to work with warmer shades of eye shadow and blush. It would be beautiful with some bronzer, but you could wear it year round. It's medium coverage. "Zurich" is a light to medium warm pink nude that is very flattering. It's medium coverage. (I'm wearing it in the picture I posted, not sure why it's sideways. Sorry) "Stockholm" is similar to "Zurich" but has more peach in it, so a medium peachy nude. It's medium coverage.
How long it lasted: It lasts about the same as any other bullet matte lipstick/non-long wear liquid lipstick. It is matte so it does wear longer than a satin/cream lipstick. It's not kiss-proof, but it's not sticky/gloopy either.

I really love these lip creams! They are perfect for adding a pop of color even if you don't normally wear lipstick, since they are so lightweight.

on 8/21/2018 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• No transfer once they dry down
• Wide color range
• Long wearing, no smudging
• They don't get crumbly
• Very comfortable
• Pleasant scent
• Affordable

CONS:
• Sheer formula, can't get full opacity (at least with the darker shades)
• Patchy during application
• Different color than the tube

Overall, 7/10. I have the shade Berlin which is a deep reddish brown. I really enjoy this formula when I'm looking for a sheer lip product that doesn't transfer. I love how comfortable it feels on the lips.

First of all, I must say that I was on a whim to try this, given that they are affordable and have many colors to choose from. Especially on nude shades, which I am typically a nude-lipstick goer. The reason I have strayed from NYX soft matte for years (yes, years!) was because I heard that they are, first, sticky (which I hate) and the colors are not opaque (which is the main issue to consider if you want to go nude). The other thing I commonly heard (yet do not mind as the first two) was that they do not last long. Moreover, I have tried "Buenos Aires" owned by my cousin, and "Zurich" owned by my colleague (obviously, I just swatch them on my arm) and I can felt the stickiness there.

Recently, out of the blue, I wanted to purchase NYX. I wanted to have a good nude-beige lipstick that is affordable, and NYX soft matte in "London" is what everybody recommended. From 'every' review posts, it was such a perfect nude-beige, yet it took me months to decide to purchase it.

So on to my thoughts on this NYX soft matte in "London". I love the shade. This shade is literally the only shade of NYX that drawn my attention to ever since! It is such a nice nude-beige that did not white wash you face, really. It gave your face some tone, neutralizes your look in some way. Again, this is a nude-beige, so you must indeed wear make-up; some smoky eye look is required at least. And, I would not recommend this shade to those with medium skin tone and darker. I am Thai with fair-medium skin tone. So highly recommend to those that have the skin tone similar to me or 'lighter'.

Moreover, I did not know if they have changed their formula, or the formula varies for some specific colors because I did not find "London" sticky at all. The intensity is OK (well, this is a nude after all. The color itself barely shows up, lol). So overall, NYX soft matte totally worth the hype and worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love Nyx. However, the items are a hit or miss for me. and this varies by shade, not product.
I have this in a couple of shades and these wear just as I hoped. They are long lasting, soft, and matte. EXACTLY what I had hoped. Even though some shades don't last, and some do, I will continue to buy these and see what works. They are that affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best matte lip products I've tried. Very comfortable on the lips. Doesn't give you that wrinkly "butt hole" lip look if you know what I mean, lol. Sorry for that visual. The product melts into lips and sets into a beautiful wash of colour. I have Stockholm.

on 3/18/2018 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in stockholm and the colour is just so beautiful.

It applies well and smells okay. The finish is really nice.

It does take some time to dry down and it transfers when I eat, so the staying power isn't very strong.

on 11/12/2017 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really want to like this product I really do but I on my lips there is zero staying power, which is so unfortunate because I literally like everything else about this product!

This lip cream applies SO easily, I am a novice when it comes to makeup but I have no issue lining my lips perfectly with this. The SA also told me to apply one layer first, let it dry then apply a second which I do. The colours look fantastic and it doesn't leave my lips dry at all.

But they do not stay on my lips!!! They start cracking and I can see patches after an hour, even if I've only been drinking water the colour fades. Unfortunately I will not repurchase :(

PS I have the colours San Paolo and Manila and I found the wear on them both the same.

on 11/8/2017 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff burns my lips :( I guess because of the vanilla scent, but so far I haven't been able to use any liquid lipsticks or lip stains without a reaction. I used Stockholm and while the color is gorgeous, it dried my lips out and didn't stay looking even on me. It seems to work for some though, so maybe it's my sensitivity. I think I'll stick with semi-matte/classic solid lipsticks or moisturizing tinted lip balms. I'd rather my lips look soft and have to reapply my color.

on 8/22/2017 11:55:00 AM

I think that they are overrated, I don't get the hype. These lip creams are patchy, hard to work with, "bleed" into soft lip wrinkles, they're not long lasting, applicator is to stiff and the only good thing about them is the smell. They smell exactly like whipped cream. First I got Copenhagen and it was so bad but I thought "ok its dark color they are notorious for being patchy ok lets try with another" and than I bought Rome and Amsterdam and nothings changed. Don't waste your money.

on 8/14/2017 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the formula!! It is a matte lipstick but it DOESN'T dry out your lips! Amazing! I got the color Amsterdam and it is so much brighter than in the package! I was a little alarmed but it drys to a really pretty red color. Very bright but it could be wearable if you like that type of color. They not last like a normal liquid lipstick does. Eating will make them patchy. For the price I think that these lip creams are worth it!