NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by hair type : Other
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

If you ask me how good these lip creams are, I’d be raving about it. They are nothing like liquid lipsticks but the finish kinda looks like liquid lipstick. I get really really nervous when I apply liquid lipsticks but not this one. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream is so smooth, soft and creamy that it’s really easy to control when you apply. It may look patchy or streaky on application as though you have to use a lot of product to build up for even coverage. I realized that you don’t have to. You get an even matte finish after it dries down, so it’s ok if you go easy on them. I have almost all the shades and I love each and every one of them! My current favorite is the shade Cairo, a very light nude color. For a wearable everyday nude, I go for the shade Stockholm, which is a popular favorite.

on 5/25/2017 7:14:00 AM

I have hemmed and hawwed about trying these for a few months. So I finally picked up Abu Dhabi at my local CVS. The color is nice, I would call it a browny nude color. Regarding the product itself, eh. I have been a lipgloss person for many years, while liking lipstick preferring gloss. Now while I still like gloss I find myself migrating back towards lipstick, and have been trying out some matte ones lately. I like the look of matte and also like the feel of not having anything or barely anything on the lips. I really have no interest in trying any liquid lipsticks though, I don't like the idea of applying a product and having to wait for it to dry, I can't be bothered with it.

Well, that is kind of what this product is and I should have listened to the reviews. The texture is nice, kind of moussy but it seems like it takes forever to fully dry and when it does I feel a cakeyness. Plus, it does seem drying to me and it's not long before I just want to wipe it off. I have tried with a lipbalm and that seems better but I am not over the moon with these. I am a huge fan of NYX other lip products (butter glosses and butter lipsticks). I thought or hoped these would be a matte lipstick type of product but it is a liquid lipstick type product which is just not my thing. I will pass this on to my niece who does dig liquid lipsticks.

I will give these three stars, and attribute my opinion to the fact that I am just not a liquid lipstick person. I will stick with the butter glosses and lipsticks.

on 4/13/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got the shade Stockholm. It's a really nice nude colour on my lips, lasts a decent amount of time. I do have to reapply after eating but that doesn't really bother me since it's so nude anyway. However, it does dry my lips a bit but it isn't too uncomfortable. I would like to try other nude-y colours in the future!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I possess several shades of these lipcreams and I love them. A great product for a very affordable price. I love the nude shades (Abu Dhabi, London, Athens, Cannes) and the darker shades Berlin and Copenhagen. They go on very creamy and light and don't dry out my lips. My only qualm is with one shade Transylvania which is the darkest shade (a super dark plum) which can go on a bit patchy but if you build it up carefully it looks great. These lipcreams are must-haves, mainly because they are so comfortable on the lips and they smell divine too.

on 8/25/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product has to be one of the best lip products ever from the drugstore. The durability as well as the finish of this product is amazing. I have it in the colour Stockholm which is a coral nude and it's absolutely stunning! In my opinion, a little goes a long way. I like to make sure there isn't a lot of product on the wand before applying because that way it is less likely for it to transfer. I've eaten with it and had it on for hours and didn't need to reapply! But don't eat oily things with this product like any other liquid/matte lipsticks!

on 4/29/2016 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this at a Harmons, after hearing good things. I posess the shade Athens, which is not as brown as I expected. it is ever so slightly patchy and does a bit of a weird thing with my lip lines. Its comfortable and the packaging is <3

I was VERY impressed with this cream lipstick. Not only is the price great, but the product feels amazing on the lips and it smells like cake batter! First of all, this is NOT a longwear product. However, it does have much better staying power than a normal cream lipstick. I purchased the shade "Madrid", and it is a gorgeous deep red with purple undertones. I love this shade, and it applies beautifully. I haven't noticed any issues with the packaging, the price is great, and I will absolutely purchase more of these lipsticks in the future.

on 2/4/2016 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have a love-hate relationship with these and it's mostly because they're inconsistent.

I have six shades (a couple are pending a return so I'll probably own 3. Plus I've returned some in the past) but they really do vary per shade which is very frustrating when you're a budget-conscious buyer and just want to know what to expect when you spend your money.

I love these because they're a great go-between for those of us (me) who really dislike traditional liquid lipsticks but like a matte lip product every once in a while. They're so lightweight that I forget I have them on.

The shades are also bountiful and interesting. I think anyone can find a couple that suit them.

What finally prompted my review of these despite my familiarity going back a couple years is that I just ordered some of the new shades and despite being ecstatic about the color choices, I was left sorely disappointed with the performance. I got Moscow, a navy, but still somehow bright, blue, Seoul, a purpley pink, Vancouver, a deep, true purple, Paris, a fuchsia, Istanbul (not new) a cool-toned medium-light wearable pink and Havana, a bright medium-dark purple.

Paris and Istanbul were outstanding: pigmented and smooth. But the others, and again, it killed me because the colors are awesome, were sheer and streaky. I had to layer so much on it affected how they sat on the lips and it took quite a few layers to make them not look streaky.

I like to keep a very well-edited collection and I only hold onto things I truly love and use. I'm tempted with these because the colors are unique but the difference in quality from shade to shade drives me up the wall.

Try these -- but keep your receipt.

on 1/23/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I was so excited to try this as I've read many reviews (and watched various YouTube videos..) on how amazing the lip creams were, so I popped in to my local Sephora - NYX is not sold as a drugstore brand where I live - and went home joyfully. However, I was so disappointed as I ended up not liking it at all despite trying it 3-4 times on different occasions.

PROS:
-The packaging. It is nice, sturdy and quite cute.

-Price. Not too expensive as other well-known drugstore brands such as Maybelline and Revlon cost more per tube here.

CONS:
-The scent! Upon application, I found out (to my horror) that it gave off a scent reminiscent of bubblegum candy. Yes, it does go away after application, but I personally found it really off-putting.

-Longevity. I found that the cream did not last long on my lips after application. Also, unless I let it air dry for a few minutes, it is not really transfer-proof and smudges quite easily when I eat or drink. This is a huge disappointment for me as I like my lip products long-wearing!

-The colour. I bought this lip cream in the shade of Stockholm, and while it looked like a pretty brownish-pink nude on the tube, it just did not work on me as it looked a bit too pink on me and less nude. However, I could have just picked the wrong shade!

-Application. Many times the colour did not turn up evenly on my lips. In the end, I opted to apply the cream on the centre of my lips and pat all over the lips with my finger as the doe foot applicator just did not work for me. Also, it feels quite heavy on the lips if you apply too much - even if it is on accident. It just turns out looking horrible then. :(

All in all, I did not like the lip cream much. I ended up selling it to someone else instead. Not really interested to buy any more NYX products to be honest as I feel like they're quite over-hyped.

on 12/6/2015 8:36:00 AM

Some of these lip stain work and some don't. The formula I feel is different depending what color you get. I love the adu dubahi color but not the Monte Carlo it's very patchy and does not apply on very well. It's definitely a hit or miss I think when it comes to the color but overall they are not that bad the formula depends on which one you get if you get the good formula it glides on nicely and dries beautiful and does not feel sticky on the lips or too drying