NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

First of all, I must say that I was on a whim to try this, given that they are affordable and have many colors to choose from. Especially on nude shades, which I am typically a nude-lipstick goer. The reason I have strayed from NYX soft matte for years (yes, years!) was because I heard that they are, first, sticky (which I hate) and the colors are not opaque (which is the main issue to consider if you want to go nude). The other thing I commonly heard (yet do not mind as the first two) was that they do not last long. Moreover, I have tried "Buenos Aires" owned by my cousin, and "Zurich" owned by my colleague (obviously, I just swatch them on my arm) and I can felt the stickiness there.

Recently, out of the blue, I wanted to purchase NYX. I wanted to have a good nude-beige lipstick that is affordable, and NYX soft matte in "London" is what everybody recommended. From 'every' review posts, it was such a perfect nude-beige, yet it took me months to decide to purchase it.

So on to my thoughts on this NYX soft matte in "London". I love the shade. This shade is literally the only shade of NYX that drawn my attention to ever since! It is such a nice nude-beige that did not white wash you face, really. It gave your face some tone, neutralizes your look in some way. Again, this is a nude-beige, so you must indeed wear make-up; some smoky eye look is required at least. And, I would not recommend this shade to those with medium skin tone and darker. I am Thai with fair-medium skin tone. So highly recommend to those that have the skin tone similar to me or 'lighter'.

Moreover, I did not know if they have changed their formula, or the formula varies for some specific colors because I did not find "London" sticky at all. The intensity is OK (well, this is a nude after all. The color itself barely shows up, lol). So overall, NYX soft matte totally worth the hype and worth the money.

I received this as a full sized product in the shade Abu Dhabi in a recent Ipsy bag. I dislike the texture of the product and it feels a bit weird on my lips. Also the shade was ugly (looked like smeary dried mud is the only way I know to describe it). This dried my lips out and just looked horrible! Maybe the other shades are better? I don’t want to try any more of these to find out...Will just stick to my Dollar General $1 lip gloss. It’s awesome AND cheap! In a more positive note, the packaging was ok and this was pleasantly scented and didn’t taste funky like some lip products do.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best matte lip products I've tried. Very comfortable on the lips. Doesn't give you that wrinkly "butt hole" lip look if you know what I mean, lol. Sorry for that visual. The product melts into lips and sets into a beautiful wash of colour. I have Stockholm.

on 4/14/2018 7:30:00 AM

I have the shade “ London” which is the perfect brown nude and there’s a matching lip liner too! Favourite liquid lipsticks as the formula is creamy , dries quickly and pigmented. Only let down is they aren’t long lasting

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have these in the shades Athens, Cairo, Cannes (my personal favourite) and Stockholm. Nice and lightweight, they don't move around and you can eat and drink without worrying about them. They also look lovely layered on top of each other for an ombre lip look. So affordable, I would definitely repurchase.

Purchased in the shade Monte Carlo.
I think the formula is amazing - especially for $6.50. Its soft and creamy, easy to apply and comfortable on the lips. It takes a few minutes to dry down, and once it dries, it's not completely transfer proof, but it's not drying at all. It's good for routine wear.
It's not long lasting - nor does it claim to be. It starts to fade when eating and drinking, but not completely or in an awkward way, like most liquid lipsticks. Without eating or drinking, I couldn't tell how much it lasts on me. But I've just eaten a corn, fiercely, and the lipstick is still on my lips. Not like when I first applied it, obviously, but it still looks good.
If you're hesitant to buy one of these, I would say go for it! For $6.50, you can't go wrong with these.

Giiiiiiirl. I purchased Stockholm based on the recommendation of Roxette Arisa's YouTube channel, and I'm not mad about it at all. It's the perfect every day nude. I can even wear it on no make up days when I want my lips to look "natural but better." It has a nice whipped formula, which I like. My only downfall is it crumbles in the corners of my lips, so I definitely have to re-apply periodically. For the record though, I'm generally a gloss or lipstick kind of gal, but as for matte lips go, this is HG. I did try Transylvania in the fall for a nice vampy lip and SAVE YOUR MONEY. It's a beautiful colour but applies SO streaky. I had to get multiple coats and it still came out streaky. Never again.

I'm almost out of Stockholm but think this time I might try "London" as it seems to be a lot of people's HG nude lip.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love these! They are a long lasting lipstick that is almost like a stain, but a bit creamier.

They can be a bit patchy if you don't exfoliate your lips first, but I do with some homemade sugar scrub and they go on like butter. They are also a bit drying at the 10 hour mark, but I kind of expected this since they are a drugstore brand. I keep some rose oil handy in my purse and slather on top and it gives me a nice sheen that mixes with whatever color I have on underneath.

I have Stockholm, Zurich, and Cannes. For reference I'm about an NC20 and pretty yellow, and I also have a lot of pigment in my lips that leans blue. So it's a challenge for me to find "natural" and nude lipsticks that don't make me look like a corpse.

Stockholm is a a very warm light peachy brown that is a bit too orange for my skin tone. Someone about NC35 and darker would find this to be a lovely warm nude, however.

Zurich is what I wanted to find in Stockholm. It is a light peachy pink with just enough brown that mixes very well with my skintone and natural lip color. The lipstick is definitely full coverage but as it starts to wear down a bit and my natural lips peek through, it's a complement rather than a contrast, especially when I mix it with my rose oil.

Cannes is a darker, slightly cooler, pinkier version of Zurich that I'm fairly convinced would look good on anyone. It is such a beautiful color and I didn't have any texture or fading issues with this, which is important since it's a darker shade (and dark lipsticks can tend to bleed matter what brand you buy).

Overall I highly recommend these especially if you're trying out the matte lipstick trend and don't feel like dropping 30 bucks on one tube of lipstick. These are cruelty free, have a huge range of colors, and are very affordable. Just be sure to exfoliate your lips first and you'll be good!

on 8/22/2017 11:55:00 AM

I think that they are overrated, I don't get the hype. These lip creams are patchy, hard to work with, "bleed" into soft lip wrinkles, they're not long lasting, applicator is to stiff and the only good thing about them is the smell. They smell exactly like whipped cream. First I got Copenhagen and it was so bad but I thought "ok its dark color they are notorious for being patchy ok lets try with another" and than I bought Rome and Amsterdam and nothings changed. Don't waste your money.

LOVE THESE. I personally like a matte finish but find that every other matte lips so drying but these! It applies smoothly and the colours in the collection are REALLY nice! I personally have Budapest, Rome and Berlin and they are some of my favourite shades of all time.