NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 4/13/2017 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

if you're a diehard liquid lipstick fan, and are looking for something extremely matte and longwearing, then you probably aren't going to like these very much. BUT, if you're someone who likes the vibe wearing matte lips gives your overall look yet hate the way liquid lipsticks make your lips feel and are willing to sacrifice some of the matte finish and long weartime for a product that's more comfortable to wear, then look no further! these are great.

a lot of people criticize these for being crappy liquid lipsticks. but i mean...i don't think NYX intended to market them that way? they're matte-ish, and they're lip products, but they're definitely not the same thing.

like many matte lip products, these do not feather. it can be tricky to get clean lines with application, but when you put this on, it really doesn't move, although it isn't 100% matte so it's not 100% smudge or smearproof. these also wear down more quickly than liquid lipsticks do. however! they are also a lot more comfortable to wear, imho. no matter how i prep my lips beforehand, liquid lipsticks always seem to make my lips shrivel up and look gross as the day goes on. these are matte enough that they have that effect too to some extent, but it's not nearly as obvious or as painful. these are also easier to mix and ombre as a result of their wetter texture, and they are easier to touch up and reapply than any of my other matte lip products.

yes, they wear off pretty quickly. but i think they're a much better option for people who enjoy living their lives, who enjoy wearing lipstick and eating a meal like a normal human being, who enjoy wearing lipstick and drinking from a cup anyway. truly matte products rarely last all day on anyone's mouth even when you're careful - i like these because i don't feel like i have to be careful. they're easy to touch up, they're inexpensive, and they wear well in my opinion. they're really everything i want in a matte lip product.

only downsides for me would have to be that the product itself is pretty streaky in a lot of the shades. you do have to work harder with some of these than others to get full pigment across your entire lip. i can only assume the packaging is opaque because you don't actually get much product and nyx is trying to make it look like you get more than you do. that seems to be a trend with their products (and just the makeup industry in general). still, it's pretty common for tube products to have transparent packaging...i think these would probably still look nice if you could actually see the product inside.

but i digress...final verdict, i really like these and will always repurchase them. i wish i lived in the states rn so i could try more colors because like i said, they're some of my fav lip products to wear. i highly recommend them to anyone who isn't too fussy about makeup and doesn't want to spend too much money on their lip products. if you haven't tried them already, you definitely should!

on 3/2/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have this in 09 "Abu Dhabi", and I love it! It's like a normal matte lipstick, only in liquid form. The issue with actual liquid lipsticks tends to be that they sink into any cracks and just feels dry and disgusting. That's not a problem with this product. It glides on, and is easy to apply without any extra fuss. It feels quite pleasant on the lips, and you can at first "massage" your lips together like you would with a lipgloss. It does dry matte, so you can't do that once it's dry(if you were to want to smooth it out), but it's very easy to touch up and looks as good as new with minimal effort.
This shade is a nude, and it wears off very naturally without being noticeably patchy. It might get patchy in other shades, but "Abu Dhabi" is very forgiving. "Abu Dhabi" looks very brown in the packaging, and I was afraid that it wouldn't suit my (very fair) skin tone, but it actually suits me very well. It's not an MLBB, but it looks very natural and put together. I reach for it all the time nowadays.

This is a very user-friendly product, and I will be buying more shades!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like these soft matte lip creams if I don't feel like putting on an overdrying liquid lipstick. Whenever I first got this, I was expecting a soft, mauve nude. I put it on and it's this bright reddish-pink. I was kind of frustrated because the color of the tube didn't match the actual color of the product at all. I like the color now, but I hate it when it's not the color you expected. The color of the tube and the actual product were two different colors. Step it up NYX! I probably wouldn't bother buying these again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got the holiday gift pack of these that came with all 36 colors in mini tubes. Most of these remind me so much of my beloved Covergirl Outlast Liquid Lipsticks; longwearing, smudge proof and needs a hard core oil based remover to get it off at the end of the day (it will for sure last that long). Unlike Covergirl no lip exfoliation is needed to make these look amazing and the color range is far more superior as there are many more options (I have never seen a blue lipstick before!). I even went through numerous fancy glasses full of Sparkling White Grape Juice on Christmas and the bright red shade I was wearing never transfered. Would 10/10 recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have about 5 of these matte lip creams and I really love them. I pair them with nyx liner. They smell nice, feel soft on the lips and have great pigmentation. They are not too drying on the lips either.

on 8/12/2015 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a big fan of NYX however I'm not a *huge* fan of this product. I wish I could give this 3.5 lippies but I don't believe it really deserves 4. It smells like cupcakes, which I adore, but if you're not a big fan of the smell it fades once it dries. It goes on super smoothly and it's very pigmented. But once it dries down after an hour I can feel it start to crack and flake off, and reapplying on top just makes it cakey and flake even more. I think because if its creamy mousse-like texture it doesn't hold to the lips as well as matte liquid lipsticks, so it fades easier and in a more noticeable way. For instance my Milani liquid lipstick and Colourpop liquid lipsticks last much longer and fade lightly from within, whereas these start to crack and flake all around the lips which is way less attractive. I have San Paulo, and I think it's a beautiful rosey reddish pink and they have a lot of beautiful colors and at a great price point. However, I rather use something that lasts a little longer so I won't repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful, creamy and affordable. I love these. As matte creams, they are long-lasting, but you do have to make sure you exfoliate and prime your lips before wearing them as they do dry into cracks and dry spots.

on 1/11/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

my current favorite lip product and i feel like i want to own every single color! i have this in different colors so far and none has failed me. i hope they continue making this!!

feels like nothing on but incredibly pgimented.. i only touch up after lunch and when it fades it leaves an almost even pretty stain.

on 12/31/2014 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This review is for the colors Ibiza, Monte Carlo, and Copenhagen. Beautiful pigmentation and long lasting. With the exception of Ibiza, the other two colors do bleed without lip liner. The other con is that the brush applies the color kinda smeary/streaky but so I usually do two coats but thankfully they are fast drying. Cannot beat the price either.

on 12/2/2014 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I do like the shades they made, the price is cheap, and the applicator is good. I will continue ti repurchase because i like the colors. Not giving 5 lippies because (1) MADE MY LIPS DRY!!!! I have scrub my lips before, and even prime it, but uts just not working well on my lip (2) And it doesnt last!!! Like really i drank a water from a straw and the color just transfered and gone.
I wish they would do something so it will not drying and long lasting