NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

First of all, I must say that I was on a whim to try this, given that they are affordable and have many colors to choose from. Especially on nude shades, which I am typically a nude-lipstick goer. The reason I have strayed from NYX soft matte for years (yes, years!) was because I heard that they are, first, sticky (which I hate) and the colors are not opaque (which is the main issue to consider if you want to go nude). The other thing I commonly heard (yet do not mind as the first two) was that they do not last long. Moreover, I have tried "Buenos Aires" owned by my cousin, and "Zurich" owned by my colleague (obviously, I just swatch them on my arm) and I can felt the stickiness there.

Recently, out of the blue, I wanted to purchase NYX. I wanted to have a good nude-beige lipstick that is affordable, and NYX soft matte in "London" is what everybody recommended. From 'every' review posts, it was such a perfect nude-beige, yet it took me months to decide to purchase it.

So on to my thoughts on this NYX soft matte in "London". I love the shade. This shade is literally the only shade of NYX that drawn my attention to ever since! It is such a nice nude-beige that did not white wash you face, really. It gave your face some tone, neutralizes your look in some way. Again, this is a nude-beige, so you must indeed wear make-up; some smoky eye look is required at least. And, I would not recommend this shade to those with medium skin tone and darker. I am Thai with fair-medium skin tone. So highly recommend to those that have the skin tone similar to me or 'lighter'.

Moreover, I did not know if they have changed their formula, or the formula varies for some specific colors because I did not find "London" sticky at all. The intensity is OK (well, this is a nude after all. The color itself barely shows up, lol). So overall, NYX soft matte totally worth the hype and worth the money.

I received this as a full sized product in the shade Abu Dhabi in a recent Ipsy bag. I dislike the texture of the product and it feels a bit weird on my lips. Also the shade was ugly (looked like smeary dried mud is the only way I know to describe it). This dried my lips out and just looked horrible! Maybe the other shades are better? I don’t want to try any more of these to find out...Will just stick to my Dollar General $1 lip gloss. It’s awesome AND cheap! In a more positive note, the packaging was ok and this was pleasantly scented and didn’t taste funky like some lip products do.

There just doesnt really to be a shade in this lineup that i like anymore, sometimes i'll wear Stockholm its a sweet color, but not really that often. I love the formula and smell of these though. The staying power is great but it isnt a pain to take off like the Lip Lingeries are. Smells really nice too. Great price also.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The first couple of Soft Matte Lip Creams that I tried when they were relatively new weren't really something that I cared for, but now I have tried them again and fell in love. I think I was choosing the wrong shades before. I have several of the softer neutrals and nudes now, and I see why there has been so much hype surrounding this line. My favorites so far are Cannes, San Diego, San Francisco, Beijing, and San Paolo (which is not neutral, but I love it anyway.) They feel amazing on the lips, they aren't overly drying (though I find that I can't wear them several days in a row), and they last pretty well. I am suspicious that maybe NYX have tweaked the formula a tiny bit, but maybe I just wasn't ready for the amazingness that is Soft Matte Lip Cream before.

I really enjoyed this lipstick. This is my first liquid lipsticks. I loved it. I guess I also need to be clear that I don't care about staying power. Not super dry but does dry up on your lips. Generally. i think this is a great product.

on 2/10/2018 6:52:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I'm not a fan of the matte lip fad, but wanted something long-lasting. This is a great happy medium--it's a touch matte, only a little drying, and lasts a long time. I can't say I love that all NYX stuff smells like cupcakes, but I guess it's a small trade-off for well-priced, quality products. I have this in Cannes, which is a nice rosy shade. For some reason I have a terrible time choosing colors with NYX, though--swatches and tubes are not great indicators of final color, and the warmer tones always come out a bit too orange or brown. Pros: long-lasting, good value. Cons: a bit drying, colors can be tough to choose.

Giiiiiiirl. I purchased Stockholm based on the recommendation of Roxette Arisa's YouTube channel, and I'm not mad about it at all. It's the perfect every day nude. I can even wear it on no make up days when I want my lips to look "natural but better." It has a nice whipped formula, which I like. My only downfall is it crumbles in the corners of my lips, so I definitely have to re-apply periodically. For the record though, I'm generally a gloss or lipstick kind of gal, but as for matte lips go, this is HG. I did try Transylvania in the fall for a nice vampy lip and SAVE YOUR MONEY. It's a beautiful colour but applies SO streaky. I had to get multiple coats and it still came out streaky. Never again.

I'm almost out of Stockholm but think this time I might try "London" as it seems to be a lot of people's HG nude lip.

on 9/9/2017 11:29:00 AM

I like this for everyday wear since it is smooth and silky on my lips. Only problem is it doesn't last very long unless I put a ton of lip liner. I have three and plan on purchasing again. Very good for the price.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love these! They are a long lasting lipstick that is almost like a stain, but a bit creamier.

They can be a bit patchy if you don't exfoliate your lips first, but I do with some homemade sugar scrub and they go on like butter. They are also a bit drying at the 10 hour mark, but I kind of expected this since they are a drugstore brand. I keep some rose oil handy in my purse and slather on top and it gives me a nice sheen that mixes with whatever color I have on underneath.

I have Stockholm, Zurich, and Cannes. For reference I'm about an NC20 and pretty yellow, and I also have a lot of pigment in my lips that leans blue. So it's a challenge for me to find "natural" and nude lipsticks that don't make me look like a corpse.

Stockholm is a a very warm light peachy brown that is a bit too orange for my skin tone. Someone about NC35 and darker would find this to be a lovely warm nude, however.

Zurich is what I wanted to find in Stockholm. It is a light peachy pink with just enough brown that mixes very well with my skintone and natural lip color. The lipstick is definitely full coverage but as it starts to wear down a bit and my natural lips peek through, it's a complement rather than a contrast, especially when I mix it with my rose oil.

Cannes is a darker, slightly cooler, pinkier version of Zurich that I'm fairly convinced would look good on anyone. It is such a beautiful color and I didn't have any texture or fading issues with this, which is important since it's a darker shade (and dark lipsticks can tend to bleed matter what brand you buy).

Overall I highly recommend these especially if you're trying out the matte lipstick trend and don't feel like dropping 30 bucks on one tube of lipstick. These are cruelty free, have a huge range of colors, and are very affordable. Just be sure to exfoliate your lips first and you'll be good!

on 8/22/2017 11:55:00 AM

I think that they are overrated, I don't get the hype. These lip creams are patchy, hard to work with, "bleed" into soft lip wrinkles, they're not long lasting, applicator is to stiff and the only good thing about them is the smell. They smell exactly like whipped cream. First I got Copenhagen and it was so bad but I thought "ok its dark color they are notorious for being patchy ok lets try with another" and than I bought Rome and Amsterdam and nothings changed. Don't waste your money.

Popular Lips Products