NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

3.9

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 1/29/2019 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I saw this recommended too many times and had to try it. I am super pale and have very full lips so anything hinky will show up and will dominate my look. For that reason I tend to be really snobbish about my lipsticks.

Nyx matte lip cream in Cannes is a perfect pinky brown every day look for a paleface like me. Easy application, creamy feel, nice dry down to matte and it stays put. They have lots of lovely shades but Cannes is an easy go-to for every day. One thing I really love about these matte cream lipsticks is I can skip the lip liner with them. If you have a steady hand you can put them on perfectly and they don't budge. They hold up well, but if you do need to refresh a quick second application will blend right in with whatever was still there without any funky lines. That's super nice.

That being said, avoid any of the darker shades. They are streaky disasters. I love a dramatic dark lip, but nothing is uglier than an uneven vampy lip color. I don't like deep burgundy purple shades much anyway (rock on, vampire girls, but I can't do it), but if you do go there, I recommend you spend the money on something quality unless you really want to achieve a splotchy mortuary effect.

There are plenty of YouTube videos with swatches of these colors, so check those out and you can find someone with your skin tone to compare.

Did I mention they are CHEAP as CHIPS??? Six dollars. What??? Six. Dollars. Steal.

on 9/18/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

- I'm reviewing the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shades "Zurich", "Stockholm" and "Antwerp".
- I'm NC15 with light brown/dark golden blonde ombre hair and light blue eyes.

- I think warmer tones in makeup are more flattering on me than cooler tones, even though I have "cool" undertones in my skin.

Scent: Like buttercream frosting (with a hint of lipstick-y smell).

Texture: It has a kind of mousse/cream like texture, with a very slight sheen that dries down slightly and is very lightweight. It's very, very smooth and soft going on. You can barely tell you are wearing anything on your lips. It is slightly drying, since it is matte, so wear a light layer of lip balm underneath.

Color: "Antwerp" is a medium muted coral on me. It's very wearable and I wear it to work with warmer shades of eye shadow and blush. It would be beautiful with some bronzer, but you could wear it year round. It's medium coverage. "Zurich" is a light to medium warm pink nude that is very flattering. It's medium coverage. (I'm wearing it in the picture I posted, not sure why it's sideways. Sorry) "Stockholm" is similar to "Zurich" but has more peach in it, so a medium peachy nude. It's medium coverage.
How long it lasted: It lasts about the same as any other bullet matte lipstick/non-long wear liquid lipstick. It is matte so it does wear longer than a satin/cream lipstick. It's not kiss-proof, but it's not sticky/gloopy either.

I really love these lip creams! They are perfect for adding a pop of color even if you don't normally wear lipstick, since they are so lightweight.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It is not as long-lasting as other formulas, however, it applies on so smoothly and does not crease or dry lips. Colors are divine, vibrant. Totally worth it for the price.

on 4/14/2018 7:30:00 AM

I have the shade “ London” which is the perfect brown nude and there’s a matching lip liner too! Favourite liquid lipsticks as the formula is creamy , dries quickly and pigmented. Only let down is they aren’t long lasting

LOVE THESE. I personally like a matte finish but find that every other matte lips so drying but these! It applies smoothly and the colours in the collection are REALLY nice! I personally have Budapest, Rome and Berlin and they are some of my favourite shades of all time.

on 6/24/2017 3:47:00 PM

I have this product in three shades, Tokyo, Vancouver, and Transylvania. Tokyo is a very light baby pink, Vancouver is a dark purple with red undertones and Transylvania (despite it's tube colour) is a dark maroon red.

pros: Packaging is small and applicator is small enough to get some precision unlike most matte liquid lipsticks that have a long wand. It's a soft doe foot applicator and all three shades I own have pleasant vanilla-cake-scent. Hard to pinpoint the exact smell, but definitely smells like something edible and sweet. The small size makes it easier to fish out product as opposed to the long narrow tubes of most other mattes, and definitely saves room in your bag. Plus all the shades are named after places, so if you have a favourite travel destination or are from a larger city you will be able to find a shade named after that location. From a collectors stand point, the naming choice really makes me want to collect all my fave places in the world. Plus they have one of the widest selections of colours I have seen in a drugstore brand. Literally something for everyone of any skin tone.

Cons: These are marketed as matte, when really it should say semi or demi matte on the package. They never seem to dry down completely which causes some feathering, and these are definitely not transfer proof! I had the same issue with these as I did with the Revlon HD line, they wear out and become patchy after no time at all, and as a person who's job requires a lot of talking, therefore a lot of water drinking, it's not cute after 1-2 hours of wear. It will transfer onto your boyfriend, girlfriend, cups, cigarettes, kleenexs, etc. This is only really an issue with the darker shades, which is a shame due to how wide a selection these have colour wise. Also these are priced between 9$ CAD - 11$ CAD depending on where you purchase them, and there are far better liquid mattes for less. Tokyo is the only shade I have that is wearable, and unfortunately pastel pink isn't a good colour for me or my style anymore, so it rarely sees the light of day.

Verdict- Price is a bit high for quality, however colour variety saves the product. With a formula change these would be perfect, however I don't buy matte lipsticks with the intention of re-applying every other hour. Very disappointed that these were a miss for me personally.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been kinda obsessed with these for the last couple years - they are just a great wearable lipstick. I have so many shades, my favourites being Stockholm, Athens, Abu Dhabi and Cairo (all nudes). They make it look like you're not wearing lipstick but your look is somehow perfectly pulled together. They're magic, especially if you like everyday natural makeup looks. I usually wear these if I want to look natural or if I don't want too much on the lip with a smokier eye look.

The nude colours I mentioned are all fantastic for medium-fair skin tones. If you know the struggle where darker nudes (think lolita from KVD) are too dark for natural wear but nude lipsticks can often look like concealer lips on you, these are perfect. I especially love athens and stockholm, which are pinky-peach-brown nudes.

The formula is also very interesting. Not my HG formula of liquid lipstick because they aren't transfer proof and don't last as long as some other ones. Contrary to some opinions I've read before, they do actually dry down in about 5 minutes after applying, they don't stay wet all day. I also think they can be a little bit drying if you wear them 3 or more hours. But I like them because they are a mix of traditional matte lipstick and a liquid lip and the way they look on the lip is so natural and nice.

Overall, if you're beginning with liquid lipsticks and you like matte lipsticks I'd recommend giving these a go. If you're looking form something more hydrating or creamy, these won't work for you unless you wear a gloss overtop or a balm underneath.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Much prefer this over the NYC gloss. Good value. As good as my KVD? No, but costs a lot less (esp w Ulta coupon). :) I also just picked up a tube of NYX Lingerie. So far, slightly prefer the second. Seems to last longer on the lips? Both lipsticks are drying BUT like how long they last. Love I can't drink them off my lips.... I *would* buy the Matte Cream again, BUT think for $2 more I would go w Lingerie type.

The only drawback to this is the fact that it's not a stain. But broooooo I never finished any lip product except this one! If you're confused as to whether or not to try them please try out the shade Stockholm! And it smells like vanilla cupcakes! What can go wrong?

on 10/18/2016 9:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These were the first "liquid lipstick" I've tried and, at first, I loved them, but since purchasing other liquid lipsticks, I've started to see their flaws and there are sooo many of them! I have shades Cannes, Tokyo, Istanbul and Copenhagen. Most of these are really patchy and they don't go evenly on your lips. They transfer really badly and even go above your lipliner, so your left looking horrible. The have a scent and I don't like that. All in all, I wouldn't call these liquid lipstick because they aren't longwearing and the formula is moussy. Good thing about them is that there are millions of shades and they aren't drying. I completly stopped using them and replaced them with Colourpop Ultra Satin lipsticks.