NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 8/21/2018 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• No transfer once they dry down
• Wide color range
• Long wearing, no smudging
• They don't get crumbly
• Very comfortable
• Pleasant scent
• Affordable

CONS:
• Sheer formula, can't get full opacity (at least with the darker shades)
• Patchy during application
• Different color than the tube

Overall, 7/10. I have the shade Berlin which is a deep reddish brown. I really enjoy this formula when I'm looking for a sheer lip product that doesn't transfer. I love how comfortable it feels on the lips.

on 7/3/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I only bought a tube because the color was nice. It was Stockholm. I applied it in my car and immediately loved it. I ended up buying six other colors. The application is really creamy, and I've never had a problem with feathering or fading. There is no doubt that it has a matte effect, but doesn't become powdery or chalky. Love this stuff. Also has a decent smell. I don't like scents in my face products, but the light scents don't bother me much.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have extremely dry, flaky lips that feather very easily. These lip creams don't dry me out, don't feather too badly, last a long time, and smell delicious. The texture is like liquid velvet: it's an odd texture that I haven't felt before, but really like. I have Prague and Morocco, which are highly pigmented and are gorgeous colours. I will be purchasing these in more colours!

My only gripe is that the packaging, while easy to use, is a bit clunky. But this is a budget product, so you get what you pay for.

Overall, I'm extremely happy!

on 11/17/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I haaaAaaaAATE this stuff. Like words cannot describe how much I detest this product. I bought the NYX Mortal Instruments kit thing and the soft matte lip cream in Istanbul I believe the shade was, came with it. Maybe I dislike it so much because I'm not a lip gloss kind of person but I read somewhere that these were supposed to be somewhat of a dupe for the Velvetines by Lime Crime but oh honey, no they are not.
If you have any kind of dryness or ridges in your lips, don't even think about trying this, it will not work for you. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like it just sits there on top of the lips, it doesn't soak in at all, it just kind of looks like you're wearing a thick pink coat of stuff on your mouth. Then if you leave it on long enough, it bleeds everywhere and gets all over everything and just...ugh. I tossed it out literally the day I got it. I wouldn't even think about giving it to anyone it's so horrible.
The only upside to the product is that the packaging is very high quality, the handle has a really nice feel to it and the applicator is very sturdy. The smell is also quite nice, reminiscent of vanilla.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Got 2 of them today: Antwerp and Sao Paulo! These are just THE BEST i've tried! So matte, so smooth! love it! The color in the tube is exactly the same with what you get on the lips. Will definitely purchase again!