NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin type : Other
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

3.1

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

I tried several shades of this a few years ago when matte lips were REALLY in fashion. All of the shades I’ve tried perform the same with the exception of the darkest few shades (such as Copenhagen) which I found patchy and hard to apply.

I’m really not into matte lips, but I did recently repurchase one of these because it’s kind of a “safe bet” lipstick. It comes in enough shades that you’re guaranteed to find one that will suit you. It lasts a decently long time but isn’t impossible to take off. It’s slightly drying and uncomfortable but not to the extent of more intense mattes. The formula is truly creamy and easy to apply, and can easily be worn with lip balm. Best of all, these are pretty cheap.

on 8/19/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have strange relationship with these. I LOVE some of the colors, the smell is nice, they are so comfy to wear but they just are so patchy and they don't last on my lips at all. Berlin is my fav shade but the maintenance it requires it annoying. I probably will repurchase because I have no self-control.

on 4/28/2017 10:40:00 AM

It really has that matte effect,but isn't very long lasting. Also you need to apply few layers. But decent value for the price.

on 11/9/2016 3:32:00 AM

Love the colour selection, not the formula. I have these in Cannes, Zurich & Stockholm. No matter how much I layer on, I feel it's not opaque enough and my natural lip colour still shows through. And I can't sit through a meal without having it disappear on me. I'm tired of reapplying. I don't like to waste so I'd still use these for running short errands where I know I won't be eating. Won't repurchase. Gotta find a higher quality dupe for Zurich though. I love that colour.

on 9/19/2016 3:16:00 AM

I have lot of colors, and I love them all. Really easy to apply and it is great for everyday use. It is also affordable and is really good for its price. Also, it is not sticky on the lips. Very comfortable to wear! The thing is it doesn't lasts for hours like other pricey lippies, but for me this is one of the bests!

No no boo. Uh uh. I purchased Antwerp thinking it was a pretty mauve matte color. Hell no. It was bright hot pink. There is absolutely no packaging whatsoever, and it has such a small quantity. The only upside was the buttery application but other than that this product sucked.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought 4 of these because I absolutely LOVED the Milan color. I was very excited because the colors are gorgeous but after a couple days of using them they started drying out my lips very bad! I loved the colors so much that i tried applying them with lip balm and it still dries out my lips! They 4 came out to like 25 dollars total. I wish I would've invested in a good lipstick like a MAC one or anything else. If you have skin on the dryer side don't spend your money on these :(

on 10/23/2015 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

For reference: I have very pigmented lips, and I hate having naturally pink lips so I usually like
full coverage lippies. But these aren't. I suggest you use this after moisturize your lips.

Packaging: Eh. The color is always very off, and I have to search swatches before purchase.
I like the matte black on the other end. I hate the doe foot applicator! Some are well made,
but these, just soaked up all the product and you can never get even application with these!!

Texture & color: I have mine in Stockholm. Love the color, but because of my super pink lips,
they just look pink. Needs more coverage. The texture is nice, and not drying. It does have a
matte finish, but the formula is actually quite soft. Love the idea of a matte lip "cream" too!

How it looks: If your lips has a tiny tiny dry spot on it, it'll make it stand out like craaaazy. So
always moisturize before application ( as mentioned earlier ). It also accentuates every one
of my fine lines...

Value: Another eh. It's around 3-6 dollars depending on where you get them, some more pricey.
It barely comes with any product, maybe because the applicator soaks it all up. Not worth the price.

Overall: I don't think it's worth the rave, but it is a matte but lightweight lip cream. I will purchase
another one in the dark purple/plum/burgundy color because I'm searching for a subtle lippie
in that shade and these would be perfect! I don't like that so many of them are just pink, but I
can handle that. Perfect for beginners, I'll edit if something changes after a while of owning.

Love, @tbhaudio on instagram <3

on 8/28/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I dont understand the hype around this lip cream. The applicator did not apply it evenly so there would be streaks and patches. This lip cream also did not set on me, no matter how long I waited. It would slip around and eventually come off like 20 minutes later.

on 7/31/2015 11:58:00 AM

Maybe I should try a different color to see if thr formula and color pay off ate different, because I have two of these in light pink shade and a coral shade (don't remeber the name, they're somewhere forgotten un my makeup drawer), and the formulation stinks. I have naturally normal lips, not dry or cracked. I even like the drugstore milani amore matte and rimmel matte liquid lippies. But I don't understand the fascination with these. It's like applying powdered chalk on the lips. Let me tell you that the colors were not true to how they looked on the bottle, it loomed like I was wearing concealer on the lips. I always had to wear these with a lip balm u der neath because it began to crack and peel off withing an hour or so. I'm gonna search for these in my makeup stash and give these a go again, because I trust makeupalley with my life lol! The reviews are 91.8% on point most of time. I'll update if I change my mind.