NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

If you ask me how good these lip creams are, I’d be raving about it. They are nothing like liquid lipsticks but the finish kinda looks like liquid lipstick. I get really really nervous when I apply liquid lipsticks but not this one. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream is so smooth, soft and creamy that it’s really easy to control when you apply. It may look patchy or streaky on application as though you have to use a lot of product to build up for even coverage. I realized that you don’t have to. You get an even matte finish after it dries down, so it’s ok if you go easy on them. I have almost all the shades and I love each and every one of them! My current favorite is the shade Cairo, a very light nude color. For a wearable everyday nude, I go for the shade Stockholm, which is a popular favorite.

on 1/29/2019 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I saw this recommended too many times and had to try it. I am super pale and have very full lips so anything hinky will show up and will dominate my look. For that reason I tend to be really snobbish about my lipsticks.

Nyx matte lip cream in Cannes is a perfect pinky brown every day look for a paleface like me. Easy application, creamy feel, nice dry down to matte and it stays put. They have lots of lovely shades but Cannes is an easy go-to for every day. One thing I really love about these matte cream lipsticks is I can skip the lip liner with them. If you have a steady hand you can put them on perfectly and they don't budge. They hold up well, but if you do need to refresh a quick second application will blend right in with whatever was still there without any funky lines. That's super nice.

That being said, avoid any of the darker shades. They are streaky disasters. I love a dramatic dark lip, but nothing is uglier than an uneven vampy lip color. I don't like deep burgundy purple shades much anyway (rock on, vampire girls, but I can't do it), but if you do go there, I recommend you spend the money on something quality unless you really want to achieve a splotchy mortuary effect.

There are plenty of YouTube videos with swatches of these colors, so check those out and you can find someone with your skin tone to compare.

Did I mention they are CHEAP as CHIPS??? Six dollars. What??? Six. Dollars. Steal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

It's OK. It does dry out my lips a bit, but it stays on and I really like the color. Lasted a long time and it's transfer resistant.

on 9/18/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

- I'm reviewing the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shades "Zurich", "Stockholm" and "Antwerp".
- I'm NC15 with light brown/dark golden blonde ombre hair and light blue eyes.

- I think warmer tones in makeup are more flattering on me than cooler tones, even though I have "cool" undertones in my skin.

Scent: Like buttercream frosting (with a hint of lipstick-y smell).

Texture: It has a kind of mousse/cream like texture, with a very slight sheen that dries down slightly and is very lightweight. It's very, very smooth and soft going on. You can barely tell you are wearing anything on your lips. It is slightly drying, since it is matte, so wear a light layer of lip balm underneath.

Color: "Antwerp" is a medium muted coral on me. It's very wearable and I wear it to work with warmer shades of eye shadow and blush. It would be beautiful with some bronzer, but you could wear it year round. It's medium coverage. "Zurich" is a light to medium warm pink nude that is very flattering. It's medium coverage. (I'm wearing it in the picture I posted, not sure why it's sideways. Sorry) "Stockholm" is similar to "Zurich" but has more peach in it, so a medium peachy nude. It's medium coverage.
How long it lasted: It lasts about the same as any other bullet matte lipstick/non-long wear liquid lipstick. It is matte so it does wear longer than a satin/cream lipstick. It's not kiss-proof, but it's not sticky/gloopy either.

I really love these lip creams! They are perfect for adding a pop of color even if you don't normally wear lipstick, since they are so lightweight.

on 8/24/2018 2:21:00 AM

I had a matte lipstick like this from younique. I was surprised as I really liked it. Alas it was £21 for just over 3g. I found one in this brand the same colour for £6.99 for 6g. A no brained. The younique was a bit creamier but I am not paying £21 for it. I’ll definitely stick with this one.

on 8/21/2018 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• No transfer once they dry down
• Wide color range
• Long wearing, no smudging
• They don't get crumbly
• Very comfortable
• Pleasant scent
• Affordable

CONS:
• Sheer formula, can't get full opacity (at least with the darker shades)
• Patchy during application
• Different color than the tube

Overall, 7/10. I have the shade Berlin which is a deep reddish brown. I really enjoy this formula when I'm looking for a sheer lip product that doesn't transfer. I love how comfortable it feels on the lips.

There just doesnt really to be a shade in this lineup that i like anymore, sometimes i'll wear Stockholm its a sweet color, but not really that often. I love the formula and smell of these though. The staying power is great but it isnt a pain to take off like the Lip Lingeries are. Smells really nice too. Great price also.

on 5/31/2018 6:55:00 AM

Got the shade Morocco. Was excited about the color, but it's not that pigmented, had to apply several coats. And the worst part it, it wears off super quickly. Have to re-apply every hour, even if i don't eat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a couple of shades of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cremes. I generally like these best for bolder lips because they are more comfortable than a liquid lip, but stay put better than a regular lipstick. They are a little drying on my lips and I like using a lip balm under.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The first couple of Soft Matte Lip Creams that I tried when they were relatively new weren't really something that I cared for, but now I have tried them again and fell in love. I think I was choosing the wrong shades before. I have several of the softer neutrals and nudes now, and I see why there has been so much hype surrounding this line. My favorites so far are Cannes, San Diego, San Francisco, Beijing, and San Paolo (which is not neutral, but I love it anyway.) They feel amazing on the lips, they aren't overly drying (though I find that I can't wear them several days in a row), and they last pretty well. I am suspicious that maybe NYX have tweaked the formula a tiny bit, but maybe I just wasn't ready for the amazingness that is Soft Matte Lip Cream before.