NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin tone : Other
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

3.8

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

I tried several shades of this a few years ago when matte lips were REALLY in fashion. All of the shades I’ve tried perform the same with the exception of the darkest few shades (such as Copenhagen) which I found patchy and hard to apply.

I’m really not into matte lips, but I did recently repurchase one of these because it’s kind of a “safe bet” lipstick. It comes in enough shades that you’re guaranteed to find one that will suit you. It lasts a decently long time but isn’t impossible to take off. It’s slightly drying and uncomfortable but not to the extent of more intense mattes. The formula is truly creamy and easy to apply, and can easily be worn with lip balm. Best of all, these are pretty cheap.

on 5/25/2017 7:14:00 AM

I have hemmed and hawwed about trying these for a few months. So I finally picked up Abu Dhabi at my local CVS. The color is nice, I would call it a browny nude color. Regarding the product itself, eh. I have been a lipgloss person for many years, while liking lipstick preferring gloss. Now while I still like gloss I find myself migrating back towards lipstick, and have been trying out some matte ones lately. I like the look of matte and also like the feel of not having anything or barely anything on the lips. I really have no interest in trying any liquid lipsticks though, I don't like the idea of applying a product and having to wait for it to dry, I can't be bothered with it.

Well, that is kind of what this product is and I should have listened to the reviews. The texture is nice, kind of moussy but it seems like it takes forever to fully dry and when it does I feel a cakeyness. Plus, it does seem drying to me and it's not long before I just want to wipe it off. I have tried with a lipbalm and that seems better but I am not over the moon with these. I am a huge fan of NYX other lip products (butter glosses and butter lipsticks). I thought or hoped these would be a matte lipstick type of product but it is a liquid lipstick type product which is just not my thing. I will pass this on to my niece who does dig liquid lipsticks.

I will give these three stars, and attribute my opinion to the fact that I am just not a liquid lipstick person. I will stick with the butter glosses and lipsticks.

on 4/28/2017 10:40:00 AM

It really has that matte effect,but isn't very long lasting. Also you need to apply few layers. But decent value for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The pink and nude shades are great. They look good and they are a good bargain. They run out fast but thats reasonable according to the price. The packaging is cute and you can take them everywhere with you. Darker shades are a disappointment after an hour without replying. Once i wore SMLC21 Transylvania out and i just had to reapply it over and over again. I got comments on it but for me it wasnt really worth it. I used a primer, lip lined my entire lips and put some translucent powder on it. But again I would wear it on photos because the colour is really gorgeous.

on 9/19/2016 3:16:00 AM

I have lot of colors, and I love them all. Really easy to apply and it is great for everyday use. It is also affordable and is really good for its price. Also, it is not sticky on the lips. Very comfortable to wear! The thing is it doesn't lasts for hours like other pricey lippies, but for me this is one of the bests!

No no boo. Uh uh. I purchased Antwerp thinking it was a pretty mauve matte color. Hell no. It was bright hot pink. There is absolutely no packaging whatsoever, and it has such a small quantity. The only upside was the buttery application but other than that this product sucked.

on 7/18/2016 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love all the smlc i've tried. awesome price, nice packaging, and very pigmented. cannes, amsterdam, and stockholm are my favorite my far. they last me months of daily use. smell super nice, sorta like vanilla. most of the ones i've tried have a nice applicator and don't go on streaky. they don't dry out my lips, but you definitely need to hydrate them before using!! so many colors to choose from for literally any occasion. :)

on 6/11/2016 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Berlin & Dubai are my favorite lip stick colors from all time <3 The matte finish of this line looks really cool. Downside: the product doesn't last for long :(

Got this lippy in Cannes & I always get compliments on the color. It smells yummy. It does not last long at all tho. I wouldn't really call it a gloss (matte finish) or a stain (it comes off). It has a matte finish but feels satiny on the lips. I wish more product came in the tubes tho. For $6 bucks not bad tho. I love NYX. Plus ULTA always has sales on NYX.

on 7/31/2015 11:58:00 AM

Maybe I should try a different color to see if thr formula and color pay off ate different, because I have two of these in light pink shade and a coral shade (don't remeber the name, they're somewhere forgotten un my makeup drawer), and the formulation stinks. I have naturally normal lips, not dry or cracked. I even like the drugstore milani amore matte and rimmel matte liquid lippies. But I don't understand the fascination with these. It's like applying powdered chalk on the lips. Let me tell you that the colors were not true to how they looked on the bottle, it loomed like I was wearing concealer on the lips. I always had to wear these with a lip balm u der neath because it began to crack and peel off withing an hour or so. I'm gonna search for these in my makeup stash and give these a go again, because I trust makeupalley with my life lol! The reviews are 91.8% on point most of time. I'll update if I change my mind.

Popular Lips Products