NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

I tried several shades of this a few years ago when matte lips were REALLY in fashion. All of the shades I’ve tried perform the same with the exception of the darkest few shades (such as Copenhagen) which I found patchy and hard to apply.

I’m really not into matte lips, but I did recently repurchase one of these because it’s kind of a “safe bet” lipstick. It comes in enough shades that you’re guaranteed to find one that will suit you. It lasts a decently long time but isn’t impossible to take off. It’s slightly drying and uncomfortable but not to the extent of more intense mattes. The formula is truly creamy and easy to apply, and can easily be worn with lip balm. Best of all, these are pretty cheap.

on 9/18/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

- I'm reviewing the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shades "Zurich", "Stockholm" and "Antwerp".
- I'm NC15 with light brown/dark golden blonde ombre hair and light blue eyes.

- I think warmer tones in makeup are more flattering on me than cooler tones, even though I have "cool" undertones in my skin.

Scent: Like buttercream frosting (with a hint of lipstick-y smell).

Texture: It has a kind of mousse/cream like texture, with a very slight sheen that dries down slightly and is very lightweight. It's very, very smooth and soft going on. You can barely tell you are wearing anything on your lips. It is slightly drying, since it is matte, so wear a light layer of lip balm underneath.

Color: "Antwerp" is a medium muted coral on me. It's very wearable and I wear it to work with warmer shades of eye shadow and blush. It would be beautiful with some bronzer, but you could wear it year round. It's medium coverage. "Zurich" is a light to medium warm pink nude that is very flattering. It's medium coverage. (I'm wearing it in the picture I posted, not sure why it's sideways. Sorry) "Stockholm" is similar to "Zurich" but has more peach in it, so a medium peachy nude. It's medium coverage.
How long it lasted: It lasts about the same as any other bullet matte lipstick/non-long wear liquid lipstick. It is matte so it does wear longer than a satin/cream lipstick. It's not kiss-proof, but it's not sticky/gloopy either.

I really love these lip creams! They are perfect for adding a pop of color even if you don't normally wear lipstick, since they are so lightweight.

on 8/24/2018 2:21:00 AM

I had a matte lipstick like this from younique. I was surprised as I really liked it. Alas it was £21 for just over 3g. I found one in this brand the same colour for £6.99 for 6g. A no brained. The younique was a bit creamier but I am not paying £21 for it. I’ll definitely stick with this one.

on 8/21/2018 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• No transfer once they dry down
• Wide color range
• Long wearing, no smudging
• They don't get crumbly
• Very comfortable
• Pleasant scent
• Affordable

CONS:
• Sheer formula, can't get full opacity (at least with the darker shades)
• Patchy during application
• Different color than the tube

Overall, 7/10. I have the shade Berlin which is a deep reddish brown. I really enjoy this formula when I'm looking for a sheer lip product that doesn't transfer. I love how comfortable it feels on the lips.

First of all, I must say that I was on a whim to try this, given that they are affordable and have many colors to choose from. Especially on nude shades, which I am typically a nude-lipstick goer. The reason I have strayed from NYX soft matte for years (yes, years!) was because I heard that they are, first, sticky (which I hate) and the colors are not opaque (which is the main issue to consider if you want to go nude). The other thing I commonly heard (yet do not mind as the first two) was that they do not last long. Moreover, I have tried "Buenos Aires" owned by my cousin, and "Zurich" owned by my colleague (obviously, I just swatch them on my arm) and I can felt the stickiness there.

Recently, out of the blue, I wanted to purchase NYX. I wanted to have a good nude-beige lipstick that is affordable, and NYX soft matte in "London" is what everybody recommended. From 'every' review posts, it was such a perfect nude-beige, yet it took me months to decide to purchase it.

So on to my thoughts on this NYX soft matte in "London". I love the shade. This shade is literally the only shade of NYX that drawn my attention to ever since! It is such a nice nude-beige that did not white wash you face, really. It gave your face some tone, neutralizes your look in some way. Again, this is a nude-beige, so you must indeed wear make-up; some smoky eye look is required at least. And, I would not recommend this shade to those with medium skin tone and darker. I am Thai with fair-medium skin tone. So highly recommend to those that have the skin tone similar to me or 'lighter'.

Moreover, I did not know if they have changed their formula, or the formula varies for some specific colors because I did not find "London" sticky at all. The intensity is OK (well, this is a nude after all. The color itself barely shows up, lol). So overall, NYX soft matte totally worth the hype and worth the money.

I received this as a full sized product in the shade Abu Dhabi in a recent Ipsy bag. I dislike the texture of the product and it feels a bit weird on my lips. Also the shade was ugly (looked like smeary dried mud is the only way I know to describe it). This dried my lips out and just looked horrible! Maybe the other shades are better? I don’t want to try any more of these to find out...Will just stick to my Dollar General $1 lip gloss. It’s awesome AND cheap! In a more positive note, the packaging was ok and this was pleasantly scented and didn’t taste funky like some lip products do.

There just doesnt really to be a shade in this lineup that i like anymore, sometimes i'll wear Stockholm its a sweet color, but not really that often. I love the formula and smell of these though. The staying power is great but it isnt a pain to take off like the Lip Lingeries are. Smells really nice too. Great price also.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love Nyx. However, the items are a hit or miss for me. and this varies by shade, not product.
I have this in a couple of shades and these wear just as I hoped. They are long lasting, soft, and matte. EXACTLY what I had hoped. Even though some shades don't last, and some do, I will continue to buy these and see what works. They are that affordable.

on 5/31/2018 6:55:00 AM

Got the shade Morocco. Was excited about the color, but it's not that pigmented, had to apply several coats. And the worst part it, it wears off super quickly. Have to re-apply every hour, even if i don't eat.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It is not as long-lasting as other formulas, however, it applies on so smoothly and does not crease or dry lips. Colors are divine, vibrant. Totally worth it for the price.