NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 11/1/2016 10:05:00 AM

I had good experience with NYX in the past, and purchased the soft matte lip cream vault for its value. It is $64.99 at Ulta, and with a 20% off coupon it makes the entire set $51.99. With 36 shades, this equals about $1.44 per shade. Even being a little over half the size of the full sized product (0.158 oz vs 0.27), this is still a bargain. Unfortunately, after trying the actual product, I don't think this is worth buying. This is primarily because the formulation is so poor. I've found that only the paler shades have a smooth, even application. Anything in a darker shade is patchy and streaky. Even after building with several layers it just looks terrible. It also has poor staying quality (you have to reapply often, as opposed many matte liquid lipsticks like KVD or colourpop). There is also a lot of packaging waste because the handle is half the size of the actual tube...this might be because the size of the products in the vault is smaller than the actual full size. I'll have to return this set, even though I regret the waste of the products if returned.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I decided to try these out after all the hype behind them being as good as high end liquid lipsticks & was sadly disappointed. I have the pink shades tokyo, milan, & instanbul. They are different colors than whats in the tube, especially milan which looks like barbie pink lipstick on. I really do not enjoy the formula on these at all, they are "soft"like the name implies but its a weird texture. The best way to describe it would be like whipped cream after you leave it out & it melts. Its really hard to get an even coat of this stuff & it transfers like no other. This also includes to the outside of your mouth even with lip liner. This stuff melts & smudges everywhere & it never really seems to set itself into a matte, always has the same consistency it had in tube. I found it this way with all of them. I would not recommend these unless you really like reapplying your makeup every two seconds or having lipstick on the sides of your mouth and/or face. The one thing i can say i did like about this product is that it does smell good, like vanilla cupcakes. Also if you are looking for something else from nyx their liquid suede has a much better formula than the soft mattes & actually stays on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Ok, I was severely disappointed with these.
Pros:
- scent
- naming (makes you feel like Indiana Jones, but in makeup :))

Cons:
- extremely patchy
- very drying, with or without lipbalm and exfoliation
- lasting power is so small it is ridiculous
- does not layer well on top of itself
- takes too long to dry
- gathers and budges on the inside of the lips if applied more than a tiny amount
- fades ugly

And I guess your question: maybe it was a bad one or maybe it was a fake one? Nope, double-checked, original and fresh. I had this in Prague, Monte Carlo, and Milan, and literally all of them had these issues. Especially Monte Carlo, which had watery consistency and took about 30min to dry... Who has the time? Prague has the best formula, but then again wasn't good enough. Even lip liner does not save the day. I wouldn't recommend these at all and don't get the hype.

No no boo. Uh uh. I purchased Antwerp thinking it was a pretty mauve matte color. Hell no. It was bright hot pink. There is absolutely no packaging whatsoever, and it has such a small quantity. The only upside was the buttery application but other than that this product sucked.

on 8/23/2016 11:45:00 PM

I have no idea why this product is getting such good reviews.

First off... NO staying power what so ever.
Takes forever to dry, IF it ever does.
Bought Budapest and Prague. Colors are fine but matte? NO.
Smells inoffensive, kind of like candy or cupcakes.
Not smudge, or budge proof.
Once on and sort of dry, still feels tacky, lips stick together.
This is after I've used my lip balm to keep my lips smooth. (But the balm is no longer on the lips.)

Only pro is that it doesn't bleed and it's cheap.
Putting a gloss over the top just makes the product come off even faster.

on 6/27/2016 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Had Addis Ababa and some other color a while back and returned both. Very crappy very little product in the small tube ugly plain packaging and would not repurchase. Oh and these do not last and apply patchy and look a mess on the lips well Addis Ababa did...

on 5/28/2016 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hate these. I purchased a few shades. Although, the range of shades are nice, the product is horrible.

The shades I've tried apply and wear very patchy. They don't provide an even color. Stockholm is particularly bad. They don't dry down on your lips. They stay slippery and move all around.

They also feel very strange on the lips. I can constantly feel the product and I just want to immediately remove it.

They have a strong vanilla scent, which is okay. It smells cheap (which it is), but I really don't mind the scent.

Price: $6.00 USD for .27oz

on 4/21/2016 8:11:00 PM

I think I have an unpopular opinion when it comes to this product. I bought it because of all the positive reviews it has received but I was really disappointed when I tried it out for myself. Although it's pigmented, the product felt really sticky on my lips, took forever to dry and didn't even dry completely matte. I personally didn't like this product, I would rather spend a bit more money for a high-end liquid matte lipstick.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought 4 of these because I absolutely LOVED the Milan color. I was very excited because the colors are gorgeous but after a couple days of using them they started drying out my lips very bad! I loved the colors so much that i tried applying them with lip balm and it still dries out my lips! They 4 came out to like 25 dollars total. I wish I would've invested in a good lipstick like a MAC one or anything else. If you have skin on the dryer side don't spend your money on these :(

on 2/25/2016 11:31:00 PM

It's just horrible. Tried it once on my lips, the moment i applied it , i just want to wipe it away straight away. Wont buy this product again.