NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

4.6

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 4/13/2017 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

if you're a diehard liquid lipstick fan, and are looking for something extremely matte and longwearing, then you probably aren't going to like these very much. BUT, if you're someone who likes the vibe wearing matte lips gives your overall look yet hate the way liquid lipsticks make your lips feel and are willing to sacrifice some of the matte finish and long weartime for a product that's more comfortable to wear, then look no further! these are great. a lot of people criticize these for being crappy liquid lipsticks. but i mean...i don't think NYX intended to market them that way? they're matte-ish, and they're lip products, but they're definitely not the same thing.

like many matte lip products, these do not feather. it can be tricky to get clean lines with application, but when you put this on, it really doesn't move, although it isn't 100% matte so it's not 100% smudge or smearproof. these also wear down more quickly than liquid lipsticks do. however! they are also a lot more comfortable to wear, imho. no matter how i prep my lips beforehand, liquid lipsticks always seem to make my lips shrivel up and look gross as the day goes on. these are matte enough that they have that effect too to some extent, but it's not nearly as obvious or as painful. these are also easier to mix and ombre as a result of their wetter texture, and they are easier to touch up and reapply than any of my other matte lip products.

yes, they wear off pretty quickly. but i think they're a much better option for people who enjoy living their lives, who enjoy wearing lipstick and drinking from cups with wild abandon regardless. truly matte products rarely last all day on anyone's mouth even when you're careful - i like these because i don't feel like i have to be careful. they're easy to touch up, they're inexpensive, and they wear well in my opinion. they're really everything i want in a matte lip product.

only downsides for me would have to be that the product itself is pretty streaky in a lot of the shades. you do have to work harder with some of these than others to get full pigment across your entire lip. i can only assume the packaging is opaque because you don't actually get much product and nyx is trying to make it look like you get more than you do. that seems to be a trend with their products (and just the makeup industry in general). still, it's pretty common for tube products to have transparent packaging...i think these would probably still look nice if you could actually see the product inside. one other thing..for those familiar with color theory, these are quite bright, clear shades. it's hard to find muted tones in this line, in my personal experience. i don't love that about them, and it means that i don't have as many shades options in the line as i'd like.

but i digress...final verdict, i really like these and will always repurchase them. i wish i lived in the states rn so i could try more colors because like i said, they're some of my fav lip products to wear. i highly recommend them to anyone who isn't too fussy about makeup and doesn't want to spend too much money on their lip products. if you haven't tried them already, you definitely should!

on 7/17/2016 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I have 3 of these in the shades Stockholm, Tokyo, and Addis Ababa and here's what I think.

Pros
-Gorgeous colors (my fave is Stockholm)
-Affordable
-Comfortable on the lips
-Smells sweet

Cons
-Is patchy and a little clumpy when applying
-Gives lips a crackled look
-Can be a tad bit drying
-Transfers

This lip cream lives up to its name- it has a mousse like consistency and is matte. I love the colors and it is comfortable on my lips. Applying it can be a pain though. It is hard to get an opaque layer or even use one layer because it goes on patchy and clumpy. It definitely has to be built up. Also, when I smile it gives my lips the crackled look. I do notice this the most with Addis Ababa not as much with the other two.

I can't say how long it lasts because I don't wear it for the whole day. I did eat with it on though. I ate a bag of popcorn and drank some water. It stayed on my lips but, came off a little in the middle. It did transfer to my straw and transfered to my hand each time I put popcorn in my mouth.

Overall, even though I like NYX, I don't think I would repurchase this product, especially Addis Ababa.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased a few different shades of this lip cream. It's really amazing and inexpensive. Most colors look great on dark skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this in the color Prague and I also have it in the color Milan. Even though the colors aren't exactly like the ones you see on the tube packaging, they are stunning colors.
I got Prague a few days ago, it is a mauvey raspberry color that looks AMAZING with any makeup look. I wear makeup almost every day and people were complimenting my face because I "looked different and prettier". I swear it was this soft matte lip cream.
As for the formula I have to say that I LOVE the soft mousse texture. It glides on the lips nicely with application but when it sets dry, IT DOESNT move anywhere. It doesn't dry out my lips, if I reapply during the day it looks really nice, and it is super pigmented. I have nothing bad to say about this product. In fact, between you and me, I like it better than the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks.
Can't wait to get more shades!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

These are amazinggg. I have 2 already. Istanbul and Milan. They are literally a cream! Like lipsticks blended up and put in a tube. It's lovely and smooth I think they are wonderful

on 5/24/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have these in Copenhagen (burgundy), Abu Dhabi (beige nude), & Monte Carlo (blood red). Love them all! They smell wonderful and are long lasting. You can also use this as a top coat for your creamy lipsticks to make them matte as well. They're drying but if you exfoliate and but a balm on beforehand you'll be fine. Well worth the $6.

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Love it! I keep this in my pencil case if I need to touch up my lips during school; I love the scent, the feeling, and everything about it.