NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by age: 36-43
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

3.4

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 8/24/2018 2:21:00 AM

I had a matte lipstick like this from younique. I was surprised as I really liked it. Alas it was £21 for just over 3g. I found one in this brand the same colour for £6.99 for 6g. A no brained. The younique was a bit creamier but I am not paying £21 for it. I’ll definitely stick with this one.

on 9/9/2017 11:29:00 AM

I like this for everyday wear since it is smooth and silky on my lips. Only problem is it doesn't last very long unless I put a ton of lip liner. I have three and plan on purchasing again. Very good for the price.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love these! They are a long lasting lipstick that is almost like a stain, but a bit creamier.

They can be a bit patchy if you don't exfoliate your lips first, but I do with some homemade sugar scrub and they go on like butter. They are also a bit drying at the 10 hour mark, but I kind of expected this since they are a drugstore brand. I keep some rose oil handy in my purse and slather on top and it gives me a nice sheen that mixes with whatever color I have on underneath.

I have Stockholm, Zurich, and Cannes. For reference I'm about an NC20 and pretty yellow, and I also have a lot of pigment in my lips that leans blue. So it's a challenge for me to find "natural" and nude lipsticks that don't make me look like a corpse.

Stockholm is a a very warm light peachy brown that is a bit too orange for my skin tone. Someone about NC35 and darker would find this to be a lovely warm nude, however.

Zurich is what I wanted to find in Stockholm. It is a light peachy pink with just enough brown that mixes very well with my skintone and natural lip color. The lipstick is definitely full coverage but as it starts to wear down a bit and my natural lips peek through, it's a complement rather than a contrast, especially when I mix it with my rose oil.

Cannes is a darker, slightly cooler, pinkier version of Zurich that I'm fairly convinced would look good on anyone. It is such a beautiful color and I didn't have any texture or fading issues with this, which is important since it's a darker shade (and dark lipsticks can tend to bleed matter what brand you buy).

Overall I highly recommend these especially if you're trying out the matte lipstick trend and don't feel like dropping 30 bucks on one tube of lipstick. These are cruelty free, have a huge range of colors, and are very affordable. Just be sure to exfoliate your lips first and you'll be good!

on 6/7/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love these so much. The color I've been wearing lately is a little off for me so I put a sparkle gloss over it and it makes it perfect. These are very comfortable and have some staying power. Definitely recommend everyone atleast try out one. ♥

on 2/17/2017 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great colours and love the smooth "whipped-like" texture with a matte finish. Looks great when first applied to a clean bare lip, and lasts for hours. But because it's a matte finish it becomes very dry and flakey. It can be high maintenance as far as touch ups are concerned. As it can create cakey layers. It's better to just wipe offf the remainder and reapply to a clean lip. Tip: apply lip balm (I like Burts Bees) before applying lip cream. Also use NYX waterproof extreme color lip liners

on 9/16/2016 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(I would have given this at least one extra star if not for one problematic shade.)

In general, this is a good product - not terribly drying (as matte lipsticks go), good color selection, budget-friendly, and (with one exception) easy to work with.

These are the shades I own:

Seoul - My favorite. Kind of a purply fuchsia shade that works surprisingly well for me.

Budapest - a dark berry shade

Abu Dhabi - a nude shade

Havana - This bluish-purple shade is perfect for me and would probably be my favorite if it did not apply so inconsistently. It's a streaky mess when it goes on, and it takes an inordinate amount of time and effort to even out the color on my lips. This would have gone back to Ulta long ago if I didn't love the shade so much.

on 8/23/2016 11:45:00 PM

I have no idea why this product is getting such good reviews.

First off... NO staying power what so ever.
Takes forever to dry, IF it ever does.
Bought Budapest and Prague. Colors are fine but matte? NO.
Smells inoffensive, kind of like candy or cupcakes.
Not smudge, or budge proof.
Once on and sort of dry, still feels tacky, lips stick together.
This is after I've used my lip balm to keep my lips smooth. (But the balm is no longer on the lips.)

Only pro is that it doesn't bleed and it's cheap.
Putting a gloss over the top just makes the product come off even faster.

Love the NYX matte creams. Smells like vanilla cupcakes. They come in a huge range of colors. They last a long time. I have three right now-Stolkhom, Cannes and London and I plan on buying more. The price is great too!

on 8/7/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Definitely will buy these soft matte lip cream again, amazing wearable colours, texture (not too dry, not too sticky) and look at the price!!! The wear times are good too and the stains are left behind nicely. It is absolutely the best drugstore cream to matte lipstick.

on 6/28/2016 12:53:00 AM

I tried the color Istanbul, a light mauve pink shade. I was looking for the kylie dupe. Kinda washes me out and looks flat. No mi gusta! (I'm NC37 for ref). Then, I tried Cannes, looks a lot like Mac Spice liner. I re-stocked on 2 tubes. Gawd!!! I love the shade!! :)

This is a matte liquid lipstick. It dries fast, so you have to work fast with the product. Comes in nice exotic travel destinations names ... prolly the maker's vision of what colors women wear the world over! But, I dunno how Moscow's blue was envisioned tho!!!

Pros
Cheap
smells nice like vanilla essence or sthg
truly matte
the color on the tube is helpful when choosing
doesn't feather for a matte lippie

Cons
some shades are always sold out at sephora

Overall, I`d say buy since its cheap