NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 3/18/2019 3:24:00 PM

I like this product enough where I want to buy more shades to see how they perform! I have the color Amsterdam which is the red tube pictured above. In my opinion it is a few shades lighter than what is pictured on the tube. Truthfully, I normally stray away from intense colors because I hate seeing the obvious line between my outter lip that keeps the lip color and the inner lip that loses product faster because of saliva aka butthole lip. But I think this product may be a happy medium for me.

The product itself is a weird texture, but weird in a good way. I personally like it, but I could see other people not. It’s like a creamy mousse, but after a few seconds it starts to feel more drying and after a full five minutes it will completely dry down. I honestly don’t mind drying lipsticks, but even for me - I feel this. Personally, I would stay far far away if you have chapped lips!

This is pretty budge proof; however, it did lose a lippie for me because it does wear down (sometimes a little unevenly) from food, drink, and even from licking your lips. Someone mentioned they don’t get the dreaded “butthole lip” from this and I wish that was true for me too - but it does happen. Luckily, this product is a dream to reapply and doesn’t ball up on itself. Basically, the outter ring of my lips will be there and I have to fill in the missing part. Honestly, I don’t mind it because it’s easy enough to do without a mirror (since you don’t have to worry about getting your lip line since product stays there). This is where it won me over because I have such a hard time reapplying liquid lips without a mirror and have had horrible experiences with product buildup. This one is easy enough to maintain if you are committed to reapplying it after wear down!

This is one of the only brighter lipsticks I have worn to work and was able to keep up with throughout the day. That’s how I knew it was a winner for me. I usually get embarrassed and will remove my bold lip if I think it might be smudging or look patchy on my lip - didn’t happen this time around. Can’t wait to try more shades, especially vampy! If that turns out to be a bad experience I will definitely be back to update!

on 3/12/2019 4:50:00 PM

I have several of these, they are def among my fave liquid lipsticks. They are pigmented, dry down quickly and last so long, even if I eat and drink!
A lot of liquid lipsticks I’ve tried have kind of a bendy applicator which makes the product harder to apply, but this one doesn’t have that and the shape of the applicator also works really well for me.
My only complaint would be that the lips sometimes feel really dry when I wear this but they never look flaky (unless they were flaky to begin with, don’t try that) but since it’s matte that’s kind of a given, you obviously can’t expect the lips to feel super soft and moisturized after a couple hours.

on 2/23/2019 8:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

These are BRILLIANT. Not so matte that they look dry but very much a ‘buttery matte’ that feels comfortable and smells of vanilla. Lovely.

The only downside is that the tube is quite small so my guess is they’ll run out reasonably quickly if used every day.

That said, the colour selection is sensational and the price is terrific.

Most importantly for me, this is the ONLY lip product that has not chapped my lips after constant use. My lips seem to be quite sensitive and every lipstick/paint has caused dry, flakey lips. This little gem doesn’t. It’s a wonder product. And it’s cruelty free.

Well done NYX.

If you ask me how good these lip creams are, I’d be raving about it. They are nothing like liquid lipsticks but the finish kinda looks like liquid lipstick. I get really really nervous when I apply liquid lipsticks but not this one. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream is so smooth, soft and creamy that it’s really easy to control when you apply. It may look patchy or streaky on application as though you have to use a lot of product to build up for even coverage. I realized that you don’t have to. You get an even matte finish after it dries down, so it’s ok if you go easy on them. I have almost all the shades and I love each and every one of them! My current favorite is the shade Cairo, a very light nude color. For a wearable everyday nude, I go for the shade Stockholm, which is a popular favorite.

on 1/29/2019 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I saw this recommended too many times and had to try it. I am super pale and have very full lips so anything hinky will show up and will dominate my look. For that reason I tend to be really snobbish about my lipsticks.

Nyx matte lip cream in Cannes is a perfect pinky brown every day look for a paleface like me. Easy application, creamy feel, nice dry down to matte and it stays put. They have lots of lovely shades but Cannes is an easy go-to for every day. One thing I really love about these matte cream lipsticks is I can skip the lip liner with them. If you have a steady hand you can put them on perfectly and they don't budge. They hold up well, but if you do need to refresh a quick second application will blend right in with whatever was still there without any funky lines. That's super nice.

That being said, avoid any of the darker shades. They are streaky disasters. I love a dramatic dark lip, but nothing is uglier than an uneven vampy lip color. I don't like deep burgundy purple shades much anyway (rock on, vampire girls, but I can't do it), but if you do go there, I recommend you spend the money on something quality unless you really want to achieve a splotchy mortuary effect.

There are plenty of YouTube videos with swatches of these colors, so check those out and you can find someone with your skin tone to compare.

Did I mention they are CHEAP as CHIPS??? Six dollars. What??? Six. Dollars. Steal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

It's OK. It does dry out my lips a bit, but it stays on and I really like the color. Lasted a long time and it's transfer resistant.

I tried several shades of this a few years ago when matte lips were REALLY in fashion. All of the shades I’ve tried perform the same with the exception of the darkest few shades (such as Copenhagen) which I found patchy and hard to apply.

I’m really not into matte lips, but I did recently repurchase one of these because it’s kind of a “safe bet” lipstick. It comes in enough shades that you’re guaranteed to find one that will suit you. It lasts a decently long time but isn’t impossible to take off. It’s slightly drying and uncomfortable but not to the extent of more intense mattes. The formula is truly creamy and easy to apply, and can easily be worn with lip balm. Best of all, these are pretty cheap.

on 9/18/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

- I'm reviewing the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shades "Zurich", "Stockholm" and "Antwerp".
- I'm NC15 with light brown/dark golden blonde ombre hair and light blue eyes.

- I think warmer tones in makeup are more flattering on me than cooler tones, even though I have "cool" undertones in my skin.

Scent: Like buttercream frosting (with a hint of lipstick-y smell).

Texture: It has a kind of mousse/cream like texture, with a very slight sheen that dries down slightly and is very lightweight. It's very, very smooth and soft going on. You can barely tell you are wearing anything on your lips. It is slightly drying, since it is matte, so wear a light layer of lip balm underneath.

Color: "Antwerp" is a medium muted coral on me. It's very wearable and I wear it to work with warmer shades of eye shadow and blush. It would be beautiful with some bronzer, but you could wear it year round. It's medium coverage. "Zurich" is a light to medium warm pink nude that is very flattering. It's medium coverage. (I'm wearing it in the picture I posted, not sure why it's sideways. Sorry) "Stockholm" is similar to "Zurich" but has more peach in it, so a medium peachy nude. It's medium coverage.
How long it lasted: It lasts about the same as any other bullet matte lipstick/non-long wear liquid lipstick. It is matte so it does wear longer than a satin/cream lipstick. It's not kiss-proof, but it's not sticky/gloopy either.

I really love these lip creams! They are perfect for adding a pop of color even if you don't normally wear lipstick, since they are so lightweight.

on 8/24/2018 2:21:00 AM

I had a matte lipstick like this from younique. I was surprised as I really liked it. Alas it was £21 for just over 3g. I found one in this brand the same colour for £6.99 for 6g. A no brained. The younique was a bit creamier but I am not paying £21 for it. I’ll definitely stick with this one.

on 8/21/2018 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• No transfer once they dry down
• Wide color range
• Long wearing, no smudging
• They don't get crumbly
• Very comfortable
• Pleasant scent
• Affordable

CONS:
• Sheer formula, can't get full opacity (at least with the darker shades)
• Patchy during application
• Different color than the tube

Overall, 7/10. I have the shade Berlin which is a deep reddish brown. I really enjoy this formula when I'm looking for a sheer lip product that doesn't transfer. I love how comfortable it feels on the lips.