Milani Baked Bronzer

4.4

Not tested on animals

on 9/27/2017 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have all three of these baked bronzers and they're fabulous for the price. Soleil and Glow both have bits of sparkle in them which I don't mind when I am in the mood. I use those two specifically for layering over matte bronzers when I want added glow. Soleil has a slight red undertone while Glow is a peachy bronze. Both have that typical baked texture. I wouldn't call them smooth, but they apply evenly and pigmented. My favorite is their newest shade called Dolce. This is beautiful as an all over bronzer for me because while it appears to have tiny amounts of sparkle when you first
see it, after using it a few times that sparkle goes away because it is just an overspray. Unlike the others that have sparkle all throughout the product, Dolce has just a light, thin dusting of sparkle which fades away rather quickly. Once that is gone you are left with a beautiful satin bronzer that appears matte but not flat on the skin. I wish they would have left the sparkle out of this one altogether, but I get why they did it. The tone of this one is more neutral to yellow, which might scare some people if you have pink undertones or are very fair. It is probably best suited for light and medium skin leaning more neutral to olive. I doubt it will show up on anyone with tan to deep skin. It is a very natural looking bronzer on my medium olive skin, which I have been preferring more lately. Because I already have yellow tones in my skin, it provides natural looking definition rather than a full on bronzed look. I enjoy both ways of bronzing, but I reach for this when I want to be undetectably bronzed. Oh, and this one blends nicely and feels a bit smoother to the touch than the first two.

on 7/11/2017 5:58:00 PM

I got one of the newer colors/shades called Dolce because I am fair. However, this may even be too light for me. It comes off looking almost like I have sand on my face. It's a light yellow-y brown color that is in no way flattering on me. For reference, I am an NC20 from Mac and usually one of the lightest shades in any foundation or concealer range. Also, the product itself is very powdery and sits on my skin weirdly. I prefer products like Benefits blushes that are smooth and don't appear powdery on the skin. It was between this product and the new Butter Bronzer from Physician's formula and I think I made the wrong choice. Maybe this would work on someone who is even fairer than I am with oily skin... but on me it's a no go. I also see 0 shimmer or luminescence even though you can see obvious glitter/shimmer swirled throughout the product. I wanted a slight glow which I definitely do not see.
Also hate the packaging. I wish they would do away with the bulky packaging with the applicator. Does anyone actually use the brushes that come with these compacts? No one I know.

I bought 04 Glow. I love how much product you get, however I'm not a big fan of the color payoff; it seems like I'm constantly trying to pack on the product. I love how convenient the packaging is with the mirror and travel brush at the bottom. I thought medium shade would give me the payoff I was looking for but it seems like I'll have to go darker. Definitely worth repurchasing in a darker color.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Definitely one of my favorite bronzer from the drugstore. I'm obsessed with the way this makes me look. The color is beautiful.

I bought this for a trip to Hawaii and I loved it! I wanted to get a nice tan in Hawaii everywhere except my face (I don't want premature aging,wrinkles, and sunspots on my face!) So I slathered on the sunscreen on my face and used this bronzer to get a healthy glow to match my tan everywhere else on my body. It worked great! I loved the color and consistency, and the way it made my skin look. I love the gold shimmery luster tints in this bronzer, it makes your skin look lovely. I used a MAC Cosmetics big makeup brush to apply this and it worked amazingly. This stuff is a wonderful drugstore find! I got mine at Walmart and was thrilled with the results even though it was cheaper than a department store bronzer. Five lippies!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this product in the shade Dolce which is brand new. It's not very similar to the others, which look wayyyy more glittery and shimmery. Instead it is a pigmented bronzer with this hint of pure glow. No shimmer, no glitter. Just lit-from-within glow. It definitely shows up (but is subtle and natural) on my NW20 skin tone. I use this after I've set my face and it just brigs life back to the parts I'm not going to be highlighting. The shade is also not too orange and not too contour - just the perfect product.

on 6/22/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Wayyyy too shimmery. Color pay off to shimmer ratio is way too low.

on 6/14/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

So, I have been using and repurchasing this bronzer for a couple years now. Sometimes, I'm not in the mood for glimmer and shimmer, which it has-so I'll use my NYC bronzer instead. BUT, for a night out, or a real nice glow, this bronzer is pretty amazing for a drugstore. It's not over glittery or anything, just enough for a good amount of shine. It def gives you that sun kissed, tan look. I use my sephora powder brush to apply and contour-it's pretty amazing, and yes, the packaging is pretty and easy to use. NEVER breaks like other bronzers.

on 7/27/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is one of the two bronzers I use for actual bronzing and not contouring. I have a hard time finding bronzers because of my skin tone. They're usually way too light and they wind up becoming highlighters in my collection. The Milani Baked Bronzer in Soleil was just dark enough to show up and give my skin a nice bronzed glow. The packaging is what initially drew me to the product. I'm a sucker for gold so this really stood out in my eyes. After about a week the gold writing on the top of the tin started to wear off, but because I love its insides so much, I would still recommend this bronzer to anyone. The second I put the slightest dent in my first tin of the bronzer, I bought a second one (I haven't even opened it yet). If you're tan or lean towards the middle of an olive skin tone and a medium-deep skin tone, this would be a great addition to your collection.

on 9/11/2014 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite bronzer by far! Where I purchase this product, (cvs) there are three colors to choose from, Glow(light), Soleil(medium), and Golden(dark). It costs about 10 bucks. It looks so beautiful in the packaging, and feels very silky to the touch. It looks like there is gold weaved throughout the product, and that's what gives you the beautiful, shimmery glow. It has a bit of a scent, but nothing strong or unpleasant. I have never had any problems with this product breaking me out, or clogging my pores. I use this as an all over bronzer in the summer and it gives a great boost to my tan. I do not use this for contouring because it's too shimmery/sparkly for that. But for an all over, fabulous, healthy-looking glow, I definitely recommend!